Glacier National Park starting Ticket Entry

I may be wrong, not the first time, but I didn’t see a cost to purchase the ticket. Is it free?  I did see that you still need to have a National Park Pass but nothing regarding a cost for the drive thru pass. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Rocky Mountain National Park to use timed reservation system again,

For the second straight year, Rocky Mountain National Park will implement a timed entry permit reservation system, this time with important tweaks from last year.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We rode our bike through there one hot summer day. Going to the Sun is correct.  People everywhere. Cars circling the full summit parking lot. Stopped in a line of air conditioning idling cars at construction on a south facing grade. Hot.

We noted the mountains were made of the same rock as “our” Alberta ones. 

It’s beautiful country.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

This makes sense.  It can be a madhouse at the top with people driving round and round to find a parking space.  If there's no room at the top why keep letting people drive up?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

It is good that they are checking the people for ticks.  We certainly don't want them to spread.😜

HEADING WAS CORRECTED.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

bobsallyh,

I see this here a bunch and I believe many folks on these forums don't know they can edit misspells in the title of a thread.

Like Ticked in this one where it should be ticket. If you started the thread (Are the OP) just go to the first post you wrote in the thread and click on edit. Now some folks must think that is just for the body of the post but it is not.  In that edit mode on the first post, just correct the title too. Then save it.

If you don't care then don't fix it. But it is easy for the OP. (Original Poster - or the thread starter)

EZPZ

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

23 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I may be wrong, not the first time, but I didn’t see a cost to purchase the ticket. Is it free?  I did see that you still need to have a National Park Pass but nothing regarding a cost for the drive thru pass. 

You saw it! "Visitors must purchase the tickets in advance and in addition to their park passes, though visitors with proof of service reservations inside the park — for lodging, camping, boat rides, bus tours, guided hikes, or horseback rides — will be exempt from the added reservation requirement."

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

This is the coming thing for busy places in National Parks.  As of two days ago Acadia NP instituted a permit system for Cadillac Mountain.  The cost is $4 per vehicle plus a $2 reservation fee.  We were there last summer.  They were building the booth and changing the traffic pattern at the base of the entrance road.  As much as I hate to see these limits, I think they are needed.  Acadia is often a zoo.  In years past it was busy from July 4 through Labor Day.  Now it is just jammed from mid-May through the end of foliage in October.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

1 hour ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

As much as I hate to see these limits, I think they are needed. 

The same is true for the user fees. Out parks are struggling for lack of funding and there is no realistic probability of a significant increase in funding from congress. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• bobsallyh changed the title to Glacier National Park starting Ticket Entry

Bob Thanks, now others know how too. ;)

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I would never drive my POV over the mountain. We always stay at St. Marys and take the Blackfoot-operated bus (heated/air conditioned). Then we both may sight-see while moving, plus  the driver can stop at places POV's cannot.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961