Updated Escapee dues

rynosback

I just received this email today.

I never like having to write this letter, but it is unfortunately sometimes necessary.  As you know, Escapees RV Club membership dues have remained at a very low $39.95 for many years. For us to continue to offer the quality of service that Escapees RV club is known for we need to make a small increase in the dues -our first since 2015 - from $39.95 to $49.95 effective November 1st. 

This increase was originally planned to happen earlier this year, but with the events happening around the country and world, we put it off for as long as we could. This increase will help us ensure that we can continue to provide you with the service, benefits, advocacy, and community that you have come to expect from Escapees RV Club. 

In the past few years, we have had added many benefits and programs to the club like Escapees Hangouts, Xscapers Convergences, easier travel planning with our mapping tool, RVers Online University, RVer Job Exchange, a revitalized blog with up-to-date educational and lifestyle articles to make RVing better, as well as discounts on products and services RVers need. During the initial stages of the Covid-19 pandemic, we fought tirelessly on your part to make sure RV parks stayed open and accessible to RVers that were traveling away from home and those who travel full-time. All of these take more time and staff to make them successful. As we move forward into the future, we want to continue to bring you the best experience and community in the RV industry at the most affordable price possible.

As a thank you for your support over the years, you may renew your membership for 1-3 years at the current rate of $39.95 before the new rate takes effect on November 1st.

We at Escapees RV Club appreciate your continued support through this time of growth and change. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this price increase, please do not hesitate to reach out. Our team is more than happy to discuss this situation with you If you have any questions.

SKP Hugs, 

Shawn Loring
CEO Escapees RV Club
on behalf of the Escapees RV Club board of directors

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

17 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

As said in the Shawn's email, you can push back the increase by a few years by renewing before Nov 1st. I did...

I paid up for 3 more years. I think they are going to come into a windfall of cash in the next 24 hours.

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

Actually, dues were lowered about 10 years ago from $60/year to $30/year and then increased to $40 five years ago. When we joined in 1998 it was $60/year. 

True and remember that the veteran discount was instituted also.   I had been planning to renew for at least 2 years after the eagle flys . Maybe tomorrow or at latest after my SS drops on Oct 14. Heck I might even do it on my birthday on Oct 8 and blow the whole load and go for 3.

KOA went up $3. (From 30 to 33)

Thousand Trails is assessing some contracts a $65 assessment on their current dues.

Progressive just renewed our RV insurance - up almost 20%. ($797 annual for a '17 Minnie Cl C)

Annual indoor RV storage (33' rig) stayed the same at $950 for the year.

Gas has remained below my target of $2.50.

My largest camping expense has dropped significantly since I upgraded my TT membership to an Elite contract. (Yes, I did have to shell out $6,000 to do so). I can camp for "free" now in almost 190 locations. :) Annual dues are about $600+299 for the Trails Collection.

All in all, this $10 increase isn't going to upset the apple cart.

Edited by ToddF

Interesting how different people have reacted.  I’ve had several thoughts when I saw the email - first I thought I would take advantage of the 3 year offer at the lower price.  Then I thought the increase was minimal and well deserved for what they do, so I figured I’d just renew at the higher rate when my membership is up.  Then I thought that perhaps they could use a decent sized influx of money right now and that I should renew for the 3 years, to give them that immediate cash to help defray some of their costs during this year.  

It really doesn’t matter to me one way or the other monetarily, just wonder which way is best for the club.

I bought a Lifetime Membership when they were first offered 25 years ago to raise money to purchase the Racoon Valley and Turkey Creek parks.  It paid for itself in the first 10 years when Escapees membership was $60 a year.  The last 15 years have been free except for my CARE donations. 

Edited by Lou Schneider

When I originally joined the dues were $60 per year so going back up to $50 is not bad. Not sure if I will renew for 1 yr or 3 yrs since the savings on 3 yrs is only $20 ($10 for each yr 2 and 3). Rather have the extra $$$ in my pocket. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

When I originally joined the dues were $60 per year so going back up to $50 is not bad. Not sure if I will renew for 1 yr or 3 yrs since the savings on 3 yrs is only $20 ($10 for each yr 2 and 3). Rather have the extra $$$ in my pocket. 

The savings is only $20 now. Nothing says that circumstances might require another adjustment next year. Hopefully they won't but ...

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

16 hours ago, Chalkie said:

The savings is only $20 now. Nothing says that circumstances might require another adjustment next year. Hopefully they won't but ...

So true. Maybe I will go for 3 years now?

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 3 weeks later...