Fuel prices dropping.

Pete Kildow

We contracted all our farm fuel for the rest of year. Road diesel at 2.25 and farm fuel at 1.75. Its a little higher because its delivered to the farm. Probably could have held out a little longer maybe it would drop some more but this is already a 18 year low so went ahead and did it.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

11 hours ago, jenandjon said:

We contracted all our farm fuel for the rest of year. Road diesel at 2.25 and farm fuel at 1.75. Its a little higher because its delivered to the farm. Probably could have held out a little longer maybe it would drop some more but this is already a 18 year low so went ahead and did it.

I agree its for sure low. Sure beats back when we paid $4.00 per gallon for farm fuel. Its down to $1.78 today at one station.

Local guy just filled his tanks up. 25,000 gallons. He was laughing and telling his guys. They might get a bonus this season.

event.png

Howdy All,

I am happy for you folks that live in areas that are getting fuel of any kind at reduced prices, here on the left coast its dropped but not much, $2.50 per gallon for diesel is the lowest I can find within 25 miles of where I live.  Enjoy it while you can.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Gas and diesel very cheap here in the southeast Texas area. Bad deal for us. My work is in the petrochemical refineries. They not making any money. Guess what, they not spending much either.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

$1.43 gas and $2.26 diesel just west of Cincinnati.  I filled everything up a couple weeks ago.......  Not that it really matters.  We're not going anywhere, so if gas was free, we wouldn't save much.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Howdy All,

You folks that are enjoying cheaper fuel prices, I hope your taking advantage of it and BURNING it whilst enjoying RV life.  $2.95/3.05 per gallon of diesel is still the normal price here in western Washington, $2.50 is the lowest I have seen in any type of station where our rigs would fit even bob tailing.

I filled up at $2.36 just before leaving from Arizona, that was enough to get me home but I am sitting near empty now and I don't like doing that is this moist climate.  If the price doesn't drop soon I'll have to put some fuel in the tanks just to keep the algae and whatever other crude may be lurking in the tanks at by.

Davee

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

51 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

Mr. Cob

This might be something for you to look into....

http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/138868-tsd-fuel-program/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1015236

Howdy DesertMiner,

I am in the process of going this route, I need to now setup a dedicated savings account to be used only for this purpose.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

We used the TSD card in Loveland CO, last week and diesel price per gallon at Love's was $2.43/gal.  We got 131 gallons and price on pump was $319.  Checked the TSD transaction E-mail and total cost with $11.65 transaction fee was $218.65 for a cost per gallon of:  $1.67.   Savings: $101!!  

Pleasantly surprised with our first use of the Card!!

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

23 minutes ago, mb36912 said:

The lower fuel prices have still not arrived here in Alpine, TX.  As of this morning, diesel is $2.59/gal  and gas is $2.09/gal.

Alpine would be a great place to sit out the current situation.  We love riding there, especially the Mountain Trail from Ft. Davis.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I topped off in Beaumont, Tx yesterday at $1.95. Right now I'm getting 3 weeks to the gallon as we are hunkered down and waiting.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.