Road side Assistance

house

I just got my rejection for AAA claim for covering my tow in my International 4900, I broke down and needed a 25 mile tow with my truck and trailer.  Apparently they do not tow any tow vehicle larger than a 1 ton truck. Has anyone found a Road side service that will? So far I have tried US Rider and AAA with RV and none of them will tow me.  Just curious if there is a road side service that will tow a class 8 motorhome?

1 minute ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Good Sam Roadside Assistance is another.

We have Good Sam.  Needed it once.  Unfortunately, DW told them we needed our 5er and semi tractor towed, to which they responded semi's are commercial, so no tow.  How you present your needs can be very important.  Don't give them the impression you might be commercial.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Always read the contracts you're agreeing to.  There are details like this in every company's terms of service.

Our Amex covers towing, but when the Jeep needed to be towed I knew that we had to pull it to within 1/4 mile of a mapped road (still dirt, but not on a trail).  If I had told them the disablement had been on a trail, it would not be covered.

x2 for Coachnet. Towed my Volvo 65 miles from Hutchinson KS to the dealer in Wichita. Sent a heavy duty wrecker with no questions after I told them what I was driving. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

23 minutes ago, bockofma said:

Good day, house.

Escapees sponsored:  https://www.escapees.com/benefits/escapees-roadside-assistance/

Regards,

Michael

On this account, beware the statement at the very bottom for HDTs:

*Regarding heavy-duty trucks: If your HDT also has sleeping quarters, it will need an additional policy. Per SafeRide’s guidelines, a vehicle with sleeping quarters is considered an RV; only one RV may be covered per policy.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

43 minutes ago, Big5er said:

x2 for Coachnet. Towed my Volvo 65 miles from Hutchinson KS to the dealer in Wichita. Sent a heavy duty wrecker with no questions after I told them what I was driving. 

When I talked to Coachnet couple of years ago and described my truck they would not cover me since I was tandem.  Does anyone know if that is still the case? I asked the same question of Good Sam and they said no problem being tandem.  However, since that time have run into two people on the road who needed tows and Good Sam just couldn’t get their act together and took four hours to send “car” wreckers for class A diesel pushers, both tandems.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I'm domiciled in SD and have a AAA RV Premier membership. I needed a Heavy Duty tow last September while I was in the Seattle area. I had NO problem getting the needed help and, paid nothing at the time of service. If I remember correctly, the AAA RV Premier cost ~ $120/year.

Howdy!

We wanted to sign up with Escapees new ERS program last year but got conflicting information on it regarding MDT 4400 international crewcab Hauler. One advised no problem then another stated we needed to purchase two policies one for he MDT one for the 5er. So we renewed with CN. We had a breakdown in Alaska truck blew the turbo. CN sent out a tow service heavy duty with a trailer to tow the MDT andanother tow truck for the 5er. Only thing they asked was where we wanted to be towed to. They towed the MDT to Anchorage and our 5er to a nearby campground. Same great service from CN a few years ago while we were in Newfoundland. 

So far I haven’t heard of anyone that has used the Escapees New ERS yet.

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon 

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

I have coachnet. Volvo vnl 610. Glad I do. Broke down in Tombstone a couple of weeks ago. Towed to Tucson Vanguard Volvo. Not exactly around the corner. Their service was superb in letting me know the status of the tow rig as well as follow up to make sure he arrived and took care of me. Money well spent.

1 hour ago, house said:

has anyone used coachnet? It is pretty expensive 250 for the truck and 175 for the trailer per year if you have them both out together.  

Read the replies above your question. There are some positive comments about experiences with coachnet.

2014 smart Fortwo

4 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

When I talked to Coachnet couple of years ago and described my truck they would not cover me since I was tandem.  Does anyone know if that is still the case? I asked the same question of Good Sam and they said no problem being tandem.  However, since that time have run into two people on the road who needed tows and Good Sam just couldn’t get their act together and took four hours to send “car” wreckers for class A diesel pushers, both tandems.  

Carl, I don't recall them asking about my axle configuration. Sorry. 

2014 smart Fortwo

6 hours ago, house said:

I just got my rejection for AAA claim for covering my tow in my International 4900, I broke down and needed a 25 mile tow with my truck and trailer.  Apparently they do not tow any tow vehicle larger than a 1 ton truck. Has anyone found a Road side service that will? So far I have tried US Rider and AAA with RV and none of them will tow me.  Just curious if there is a road side service that will tow a class 8 motorhome?

Curious about what USRider told you.

Are you singled or tandem?  How registered?

Most folks towing horse trailers - do so with MDT's at minimum - -  there is at least one HDT member (on the forums here) who has hay burners and ERS by USRider.

Horse ownership and/or transportation of same NOT necessary for coverage - or service.

If you wish I have the number for the lady who is "in charge" of the ERS program - and (at least for me) was more than happy to answer questions - both by e-mail, snail mail, and phone !!

I also have Coachnet. Have used it 3 times in 9 years. I was never asked about axles (I'm singled). Last time they towed both truck and 5er 12 miles to campground (Sunday) and the next day towed HDT 140 miles. I have never seen a bill. I believe it is $179 a year for truck, 5er and smart which is darn cheap if you ever need a tow. Don't leave home without it.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Archived