Question - Washer dryer combo and separate units

Rescue Duct

We are getting ready to order a new Renegade and we have a question. 

Question  what is every one thoughts on washer dryer, having a combo unit or have separate systems. Our thoughts is if we have a combo the other half of the closet can have hanging or have drawers installed. 

Second question can you do laundry while traveling?  

It's difficult to know which type of unit best fits your floorplan as well as space needs. We have the combo Splendid unit which my wife loves. Your experience may be different.  You should never run the washer/dryer while traveling.  This includes leaving wet wash sitting in the tub: this will cause the spindle to warp and damage any bearings. Enjoy your new rig, as always,  oRV

oRV

75065 Lifetime Member

2010 Phaeton 40 QTH

2014 Honda CR-V Toad

Drainage may make washing while driving difficult.

Twin sets allow washing and drying at the same time, while the combo is one thing at a time.  In our trailer we had a set and the Bounder only has room for the combo.  If we had our choice, it would be the set.  We carry too much stuff as it is.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy to have you with us.

15 minutes ago, Rescue Duct said:

what is every one thoughts on washer dryer, having a combo unit or have separate systems.

That is one of those things that depends mostly on how you plan to use it. Some like the combo unit because they run one load, starting it as they leave, while others like starting a second load while the first is drying. What is more valuable, the storage space or the ability to have two loads going at once?

23 minutes ago, Rescue Duct said:

Generally, no. There are several things that could be an issue, but I'm sure that it has been done. Yo

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy to have you with us.

26 minutes ago, Rescue Duct said:

what is every one thoughts on washer dryer, having a combo unit or have separate systems.

That is one of those things that depends mostly on how you plan to use it. Some like the combo unit because they run one load, starting it as they leave, while others like starting a second load while the first is drying. What is more valuable, the storage space or the ability to have two loads going at once?

26 minutes ago, Rescue Duct said:

Generally, no. There are several things that could be an issue, but I'm sure that it has been done. You will need to supply 120v-ac power which can be done. You need a lot of water and you could have drain issues. It could be done but I can't think of anyone I know who does so.

Is it the Renegade Super C that you are looking at?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We had a combo unit in our last coach and didn't have any issues with it BUT in our current rig we have a stacker washer/drier and like it much better. Being able to was & dry at the same time is a plus and I think this washer might, just might wash a bit better. Regardless of which way you go being able to do laundry in your rig is priceless in my book.  

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Separate units.  In my opinion, more capacity, does a much better job, and helps prevent one from adding more unnecessary stuff to carry.  :rolleyes:

As stated, no washing while driving.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

4 hours ago, fly2low said:

Welcome to Escapees

good choice on the Renegade.  Which one?

Renegade Verona 40VBH We have a Coachman Concord 30 ds now retiring soon after 35 years as a Firefighter. Looking forward spending more time traveling and being a in a WARM climate in the winter.  

Thanks for all the great reply. We meet some full timers that were members of Escapees, they gave me a magazine a lot of info. Going to join I have a bunch of questions. We started in a Northern Lite TC 7 years ago, purchase our new camper last year. We have look at 100's of campers, 5th wheels to DP when we saw the Renegade it had everything we have been looking for. Looking forward to gather more info moving forward. 

7 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

Combo unit.  No regrets.  We have space for a stacker, but opted to use the top space as a coat closet instead.  Regardless of the choice, it is better than not having one, IMO.

X2

We have friends who commonly run a load in their Splendide vented combo unit while driving and don't seem to have a problem.  We haven't done it since our Generac generator does not put out clean enough power for the Splendide, while our friend's have an Onan that does.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

What ever you have room for IMO the stackable is  the better choice but we only had room for the combo.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

11 hours ago, hutchman said:

The wife says she will never have a combo unit again.  Nuff said!

One really has to learn how to us a Combo unit small loads, etc.We may run 3 or 4 loads a week. We will use the CG laundry for large items. When full timing or long timing one must utilize space available. The stackable is the best choice but one can make do with what ever they have.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

12 hours ago, richfaa said:

One really has to learn how to us a Combo unit small loads, etc.We may run 3 or 4 loads a week. We will use the CG laundry for large items. When full timing or long timing one must utilize space available. The stackable is the best choice but one can make do with what ever they have.

True but, if the wife does not like it, we won't have one.  That's my rule.....Happy wife, happy life.

We've had the Splendidi 2000 the last 7 1/2 years have room for side by side W/D in the new 5er  but Sandi wants the Splendidi 2000xc. It does the job and my closet will be where the dryer would have sat and she has the whole front closet for herself.  Besides when your spending the night in one of those RV parks between the interstate and the RR tracks that rhythmic  woomf, woomf, woomf of the dryer turning is a pleasent white noise to doze by.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

9 hours ago, jjwicklund said:

We've had the Splendidi 2000 the last 7 1/2 years have room for side by side W/D in the new 5er  but Sandi wants the Splendidi 2000xc. It does the job and my closet will be where the dryer would have sat and she has the whole front closet for herself.  Besides when your spending the night in one of those RV parks between the interstate and the RR tracks that rhythmic  woomf, woomf, woomf of the dryer turning is a pleasent white noise to doze by.

The truth comes out . ;) 

Goes around , comes around .

Archived