Truck bed drawings

Lurch

You probably need to tell us a little more about what type of bed you are looking for as there probably are no 2 alike. Plus the drawings to build our bed were quite complicated as you have framing drawings, top plate drawings, side plate drawings, box drawings, rear plate drawings, etc...

A bed for a double axle will need to be different than a single axle HDT.

A bed to haul a Smart car will be different than one for a couple of bicycles and storage boxes.

It best to look through old posts to get some ideas ( but with the recent photo bucket change a lot of pictures may not be visible) or go to a Rally and take lots of your own pictures.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Sorry I guess a little bit of info would help lol I'm going to use the Volvo 780 singled out  looking for a western hauler style not going to use it for a smart car but might add a cabinet to store solar panels behind the cab 

Have you been on the HHRV site to look thru all the pics?  Sometimes it's easier to find the style you like then reach out to the owner thru a PM or open message here.  

Many here built their beds without drawings.... just kinda said  "This goes here"

There is a program called Sketch Up that you can do basic 3D designs on.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

You still haven't given us any info to work off of. You need to do some SERIOUS work, decide on the wheelbase, cargo needs, ability to carry a load, pin weight of trailer, width of trailer, and on and on. Only then can we start to help you. As suggested above, go to the HHRV website, look at some beds. Take notes. Talk to the owners. Make a plan. Move forward.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:06 AM, Darryl&Rita said:

You still haven't given us any info to work off of. You need to do some SERIOUS work, decide on the wheelbase, cargo needs, ability to carry a load, pin weight of trailer, width of trailer, and on and on.

I also am interested. I have lots of photos from the ECR but never actually crawled under to take pictures.     ( Hey look, there's a stranger under our truck with his shirt wrapped around his neck, and Fang is gnawing the bloody stump of his ankle! )

Maybe OP Lurch wants to see how you experienced folks set up a skeleton. That's my interest also.  Length of bed and back of cab area will have to be figured out still, of course. 

Can someone direct me to the guy with the lift on his bed, who was either installing or helping move an ET hitch at the east coast rally?

I really wanted to get pictures of that angle lift but the day I saw him, he was quite busy. Then I never saw him again. 

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

4 hours ago, Sculptor said:

I also am interested. I have lots of photos from the ECR but never actually crawled under to take pictures.     ( Hey look, there's a stranger under our truck with his shirt wrapped around his neck, and Fang is gnawing the bloody stump of his ankle! )

Maybe OP Lurch wants to see how you experienced folks set up a skeleton. That's my interest also.  Length of bed and back of cab area will have to be figured out still, of course. 

Can someone direct me to the guy with the lift on his bed, who was either installing or helping move an ET hitch at the east coast rally?

I really wanted to get pictures of that angle lift but the day I saw him, he was quite busy. Then I never saw him again. 

If you mean Smart car left that would be RickS.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

11 hours ago, Sculptor said:

LOL, knowing this crowd it wouldn't have been an issue. The first year I took my truck to a rally they were out there measuring things and taking all sorts of pictures. :) I even had to hold the dumb end of the tape once or twice.  And the biggest worry from most of the dogs I have met at the rally would be that wet tongue in your ear.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Looking forward to the ECR so everyone can tell me what I did wrong...   :ph34r:

Seriously, I want to be that guy crawling under trucks, too.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

The only drawback to getting a complete set of drawings from someone (other than they are more than likely proprietary) is that the odds of that bed fitting your truck is small. Differences in the wheelbase, suspensions, cross members and the like plus the additional components (APU, air bags, dryers, tanks, relay boxes) will more than likely change your support locations. The tool boxes themselves may change depending on those factors a well. Drom boxes will vary depending on side fill tanks or rear fill tanks.

By all means, crawl under, over, around and thru the trucks as most of us don't mind it a bit but know that you will be changing things when you start heating, beating and bending metal. Use the general dimensions on the beds as a good guideline and create something that will fit your truck and your needs. Mine was a combination of 5 or 6 beds that I took different ideas from to get our dimensions and design locked down.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

4 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Mine was a combination of 5 or 6 beds that I took different ideas from to get our dimensions and design locked down.

Heck, I'm still stealing...er, I mean borrowing ideas form others and my truck was "finished" 7 years ago. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2017 at 5:32 PM, Big5er said:

Heck, I'm still stealing...er, I mean borrowing ideas form others and my truck was "finished" 7 years ago. 

But you know it will never be finished..

Also I know I have seen it on here somewhere. But How much room must one have. From the back of the cab to the hitch. To be able to load a smart car? 

Pete

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived