Amazon question about shipper companies.

Deezl Smoke

This is a long shot, and it is not that dig of deal, but my area has no luck at all with fed ex. This seems to be an area specific deal, I'm not going to complain, just have a question. Is there any way to find out what shipper Amazon will use for any order before placing the order? If possible, I need to avoid fed ex for my delivery area. I looked around on the Amazon site, but did'nt find anything. Likely Amazon does not know, as it is up to the vendor to select a shipper if the vendor is not a Amazon warehouse stocker. Or however that works. But I am curious is anyone might know of a way?

Thank you.

I'm a work'n on it.

I wonder if this would help.  I've been able to actually call Amazon Customer Service in the past.  Try that.

https://feedvisor.com/university/shipping/#:~:text=Click the Confirm Shipment button,list for that particular order.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I will be following this subject. I am sure that at one time I was able to email them, but I sure can't locate any way to do that now and I found no phone numbers or anything to reach person, only computers. There must be a way but I sure didn't find it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

When we're in a campground that doesn't accept USPS, UPS, or Fedex guest shipments, I check to see if Amazon has a locker location nearby before ordering. That removes any concerns about which carrier will be used.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I just got off a chat inside Amazon as a member. Here is the official Amazon statement cut and pasted from my chat just now:

"We currently use UPS, FedEx, the U.S. Postal Service, our own branded carrier (shown as "Shipped with Amazon"), and several local carriers for standard domestic shipments, depending on the weight of the package and the distance it has to travel from our fulfillment center. Packages shipped to a P.O. box can only be sent via the U.S. Postal Service. If you have a P.O. box, you may want to consider shipping eligible items to it."

Hope that helps.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

I just got off a chat inside Amazon as a member. Here is the official Amazon statement cut and pasted from my chat just now:

"We currently use UPS, FedEx, the U.S. Postal Service, our own branded carrier (shown as "Shipped with Amazon"), and several local carriers for standard domestic shipments, depending on the weight of the package and the distance it has to travel from our fulfillment center. Packages shipped to a P.O. box can only be sent via the U.S. Postal Service. If you have a P.O. box, you may want to consider shipping eligible items to it."

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I love my Amazon drivers. They are super awesome people. Any time I am home when they deliver, I always go out and say hi.

UPS has treated us well. We used to have a "normal" route driver, his name was John, and he would bring treats for my dog. My dog loved UPS. He knew when brown was coming down the road long before we would know. Some times I had a dickens of a time getting Oso (my dog) out of the UPS truck when the John needed to get going.

USPS, mixed, but usable. Packages get thrown onto the porch instead of set down nicely. Lots of damage packages. But usually close to on time.

Fedex?....I think 20% on time and in original package would be close. Right now I am waiting for a package that has been delayed 5 days with fedex. I get it, weather, accidents, whatever, and it's all good. If I could'nt afford the risk of time, I'd go buy it locally. But I have had to cancel and re-order so many times only with packages shipped fedex.

I'll try the customer service chat and see if there is an icon somewhere that I can click to view what shipper any Amazon seller uses before I place the order. I guess if time is not an issue, I can also contact the seller before I order?

I'm a work'n on it.

I've talked to Customer Service in the past but don't recall how I did it.  You can try this:

You can request a phone call from Amazon.  It takes some digging on their site.

1.  Log In

Go to Your Account

Customer Service

Help With Something Else

Get Help with a Different Issue

Message Assistant - type in your question or type "talk to a representative" & you'll eventually get:

Request A Phone Call

2.  I just did a Google for a phone # & this came up   888-280-4331

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years

27 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

I've talked to Customer Service in the past but don't recall how I did it.  You can try this:

You can request a phone call from Amazon.  It takes some digging on their site.

1.  Log In

Go to Your Account

Customer Service

Help With Something Else

Get Help with a Different Issue

Message Assistant - type in your question or type "talk to a representative" & you'll eventually get:

Request A Phone Call

2.  I just did a Google for a phone # & this came up   888-280-4331

Thank you.

Now that you mention it, I think there was a time a few years back that I actually did talk to someone at Amazon on the phone. I have used the chat a few times regarding order problems which they resolved quite fast and I have been very happy. I still may try the chat first. I have a tough time on hold for any length of time. Growing up before the www and cell phones, I always had to wait on a land line etc. Now I cant stand it.

I'm a work'n on it.

8 hours ago, Deezl Smoke said:

Fedex?....I think 20% on time and in original package would be close.

I had not thought of it until I read your post but I can't remember the last Amazon package that we got via FedEx. We live in the outskirts of the D/FW area and by far the majority of our deliveries are Amazon drivers, next would be USPS, and occasionally something larger via UPS. I do see the FedEx trucks in our neighborhood. 

6 hours ago, Deezl Smoke said:

I still may try the chat first. I have a tough time on hold for any length of time.

I know that I did call them but it was at least 3 years ago. When on hold nowadays I just put them on speaker and go on with other things. The cell phone is my only phone since 2000. Please do keep us informed as the shipping request is one of those things that any of us might have crop up.

57 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

I had not thought of it until I read your post but I can't remember the last Amazon package that we got via FedEx. We live in the outskirts of the D/FW area and by far the majority of our deliveries are Amazon drivers, next would be USPS, and occasionally something larger via UPS. I do see the FedEx trucks in our neighborhood. 

Same here.  I can't remember when any of my Amazon deliveries have been via FedEx.  It's usually UPS or USPS.  I don't recall an Amazon truck delivering anything here, either, which is strange since we have an Amazon fulfillment center near the airport, so I would have thought I'd often see Amazon trucks making deliveries here.

Chewy always uses FedEx and we've never had a problem with them.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Our relatively small metro area (Corpus Christi) has seen a huge increase in the percentage of Amazon deliveries now being delivered by Amazon trucks.  In addition, quite a few of the items delivered by USPS are actually being delivered to the local post office by Amazon and then transferred to USPS (so-called "last mile service")

One interesting aspect of how Amazon is handling deliveries is that its trucks deliver on both Saturdays and Sundays.  

OTOH except for this weekend issue the switch to Amazon's own trucks hasn't increased speed of deliveries.  Corpus is served by an Amazon distribution center in Houston and almost all items are "two day" rather than "next day" delivery.

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Amazon customer service; 1-888-2eightzero-fourthreethree1. I think this an off-shore call center by the speech of the reps. However everyone I've spoken with was very helpful and knowledgeable. Apparently they have great latitude solving customers problems.

For example; 2 weeks ago I bought 3 Renogy batteries, the next day the price dropped $10. I called and asked about a refund, which was initially refused. She said they didn't price match. So then I said I'll return them (at Amazon expense) and buy others at the lower price. I was on hold a few moments, then she said I was credited with the difference in the form of Amazon gift cards to my account.

IMO being polite yet persistent was key to a positive outcome.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

6 hours ago, LindaH said:

I don't recall an Amazon truck delivering anything here, either

In our area the vast majority of Amazon deliveries are by Amazon drivers. This area has several fulfillment centers and many things come next day and some even the same day. We seem to get deliveries anytime between about 6 am and 10 pm or possibly later.

2 hours ago, docj said:

OTOH except for this weekend issue the switch to Amazon's own trucks hasn't increased speed of deliveries.

For us it has greatly improved the delivery times. Many 1 day or same day deliveries. In poking about on the website, I did notice that they are looking for more Amazon Drivers in many areas.

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

Amazon customer service;

Is the number somewhere on the Amazon website?

Edited by Kirk W
add a link

Deezl I feel your pain. At our cabin where we spend over half the year it is getting more difficult to get a package delivered to us. We're 5 miles from Hwy 50 right where the construction has been ongoing for the 3rd year on a 2 year project. Before this Fedex and UPS would deliver to our cabin. Now we're lucky to get a delivery within 5+ days. Fedex and UPS solution is to put lock boxes at the highway and deliver there. This means an hour for us to get a package when it is marked as delivered. Problem is that it marked as delivered doesn't mean it is actually in the lockbox. Sometimes it is a day or two later. This applies to Amazon and other deliveries through Fedex/UPS. And if it happens to go by USPS then that's 20 miles down the highway to wait on the little post office to open, it's usually late to open. And it's only open half a day. Some people will say just have it delivered to an Amazon lockbox in town. Ok, that's an hour each way. But since I'm paying for delivery to my cabin I want it delivered to my cabin. 

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

Folivier, that's ridiculous. That was the method 40 years ago. Today your packages should show up at your doorstep unless other arrangements are made for whatever reason. As I mention in my original statement, I've noticed over the years, that issues with most all delivery service companies seems to be location oriented. Some love fedex and very much dislike UPS etc. It depends on management or some other regional setting it seems.

My fedex package showed up sunday. I was amazed, it was actually in it's original box and in reasonable condition.

I hope to get time to contact amazon about the shipper choices soon. The weather looks good today, so I will be outside working. Tomorrow looks like more rain, so.....

I'm a work'n on it.

I have stopped buying from Chewy, and told them it is because they ship FedEx. Their drivers are too lazy to bring it to my door 50ft away. Instead they leave it at my garage maybe 10 ft off the road. Big box says "CHEWY", very similar temptation to one saying "DELL". After a heated discussion with FedEx I was told their guidelines say if it makes it inside the property line, it's delivered. REALLY?? I now ask any vendor who they use, and buy elsewhere when I can. 

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

For us FedEx and Ups deliver to our door but USPS leaves packages anywhere.  Often our packages are left leaning against the post that holds our mailbox on the side of the public road.  Sometimes if I don't get to these packages quickly someone else does.  I have contacted USPS about the problem and they promised to fix it but they don't deliver on their promises either.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

We get almost exclusively Amazon trucks and drivers in non-Amazon private vehicles here. I guess they come in for busy times. Deliveries are next day/two-day 99% of the time because of the very large new Amazon warehouse built here in the Springs that opened in 2021. They are building a "Sortation Center" (their term) at the airport here in a new park aimed at cargo.

We have a Ring doorbell and driveway cam in addition to sides and back so we can see the recordings or talk live. So we see the care our packages get. Some come in our USPS community mailbox on the corner. Most other deliveries here are UPS and my drivers are saints. We are home most of the time so porch pirates have no chance. See they are instructed to ring the doorbell so we can see if a package has arrived if we are out.

However in today's I get an email from USPS before the USPS runs every morning that tells me what mail I am getting with pictures of each envelope. Packages go in a larger locked box at the bottom and a key left in our box if we have one too large for our smaller box. Amazon however now always delivers to our front door porch every time. We take care of our guys for garbage and deliveries with Xmas gifts and tips too as they all go above and beyond. If it is a high dollar item like a computer, electric lawnmower, or the two 65" TVs we had delivered we will have one of us here all day. We're both re-tired now😉

However some neighborhoods have thieves who follow the trucks and police don't act on the videos of thieves unless the local TV stations air one.

But in our neighborhood we have had zero issues, and the one piece of mis-delivered mail was brought to us by the neighbor personally.

Most times we order and get it the next day, once got it that afternoon when ordered at 3AM!

With today's cell phones most RVrs have access to email.

We have spoken with Amazon customer service several times in the last year and first your need to be a Prime member for this method of calling. You go to help, contact, and then get a choice to chat or "Get" a callback from them. When we select that we get a screen to input our number and click call now and get a call from a live person within seconds. So no waiting on hold.

We have rarely have an issue with not understanding the customer service rep's English these days. If we do we politely ask for another representative or thank them for their help and hang up, redial and get another rep.

Our Chewy deliveries have been on our porch too.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

12 minutes ago, RV_ said:

We have spoken with Amazon custom,er service several times in the last year and first your need to be a Prime member for this method of calling. You go to help, contact, and then get a choice to chat or "Get" a callback from them. When we select that we get a screen to input our n umber and click call now and get a call from a live person within seconds. So no waiting on hold.

Yes.... I posted the link to this above, also.

https://www.amazon.com/go/contact-us?orderId

Full-timed for 16 Years

OK There seems to be some confusion here. As Gypsy said you need to be a Prime member in order to log in and do this.

Here are pics of your computer screen and how to get them to immediately call you back or dial them:

Go to the bottom of any amazon page and click on help:

89iictHl.jpg

Next on the next screen scroll down to where you see accessibility:

5woViEnl.jpg

Next on the Accessibility screen Click on something else:

hkRec0Xl.jpg

On the next screen click on "Request a phone call:

dcSDHpUl.jpg

On the next screen fill in your phone number and thenm click on Call Me now in the yellow bar:

VR7sIE2l.jpg

You can try it now and when it rings you can click cancel on the amazon screen and it cancels no harm no foul. Or stay on and talk to a live person. One other item is to ask them to send you an email with your answer. I had the rep tell me that they used UPS because I asked do you use UPS mostly for deliveries and she said yes. I asked for her answer in an email to me so I could post it exactly and she came back with a completely different answer that I posted above that they use many delivery services. I was not adversarial at all, I thanked her and copy/pasted her answer.

They do make it easy just a few steps. Chat works great too.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

26 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Yes.... I posted the link to this above, also.

https://www.amazon.com/go/contact-us?orderId

Click your link, it brings you to the second pic in my post that crossed yours. Neither of us invented their system. We are just trying to help. I can't see posts until I get through posting the pics I was using to clarify. I just saw yours. What is your reason to reiterate that you posted a link to me?????

Thanks for quoting me, I corrected two typos I saw in it. 👍

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Informed Delivery by USPS

See Photos of Your Mail Before It Arrives, Free

I highly recommend it. We even monitor at times that we are traveling so that we know what is in our mail that is waiting for us. Unless things have changed they don't provide the service to those who are using a mails service, like the Escapee address.