Pot smoking in parks

PAylor

4 hours ago, folivier said:

And don't forget cars with vacuum operated wipers. I'll never forget my buddy pulling out to pass someone in his Rambler in a rain. Hey, stick your head out the window and let me know if someone's coming!

😄I remember those days too!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

How many police academy high speed driving courses have you attended?

💯

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

6 hours ago, folivier said:

And don't forget cars with vacuum operated wipers. I'll never forget my buddy pulling out to pass someone in his Rambler in a rain. Hey, stick your head out the window and let me know if someone's coming!

Oh yeah... As a teenager, I recall soldering fittings on large fruit juice tin cans to use as extra capacity vacuum tanks to keep the wipers working longer on uphill runs.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

8 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Distracted driving means you are not paying attention to the driving. No driving course can make a safe driver while they are being distracted by using a cell phone or computer. That is a basic teaching message in any defensive driving course. Cops are not super human drivers and they should not be exempt to use cell phones and computers while driving. They are being dangerous to myself and other drivers around them.

1 hour ago, gjhunter01 said:

Distracted driving means you are not paying attention to the driving. No driving course can make a safe driver while they are being distracted by using a cell phone or computer. That is a basic teaching message in any defensive driving course. Cops are not super human drivers and they should not be exempt to use cell phones and computers while driving. They are being dangerous to myself and other drivers around them.

Yet on duty police car caused crashes make headlines only because they are so rare. Are all LEO's perfect drivers? Of course not, but overall I think you would find they have excellent driving records on a per mile basis when compared to the general public.

Dutch

7 hours ago, gjhunter01 said:

How many years were you on the job?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 9/5/2022 at 10:23 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

Yet on duty police car caused crashes make headlines only because they are so rare. Are all LEO's perfect drivers? Of course not, but overall I think you would find they have excellent driving records on a per mile basis when compared to the general public.

Actually the general public distracted driving crashes is statistically pretty low for general miles driven. Like most of the driving public, I am too guilty of distracted driving and like most having an accident is rare. Also, most career truck drivers log many more miles than any LEO, so by rights they should also be exempt from distracted driving laws. 

On 9/5/2022 at 9:10 AM, Dutch_12078 said:

none.

but i used to have a race car license,  a license to teach people to drive cars, and another one for teaching how to drive a big rig. never for motorcycles. and over the decads of my life i have kept up with reacuring training.

and back when it was legal the "slick track" (used oil back then) was a blast. hit that at speed or slow turn hard and try to not wipe out too much.

some of what i have done excides some of the training some leos might have gotten, as not all leos get such training.

7 hours ago, packnrat said:

none.

but i used to have a race car license,  a license to teach people to drive cars, and another one for teaching how to drive a big rig. never for motorcycles. and over the decads of my life i have kept up with reacuring training.

and back when it was legal the "slick track" (used oil back then) was a blast. hit that at speed or slow turn hard and try to not wipe out too much.

some of what i have done excides some of the training some leos might have gotten, as not all leos get such training.

I think the point is that most LEO's are much better equipped to do their jobs while driving than the average driver. I have noted in recent years that more use of text to voice is being used which should be less distracting.

Dutch

So it is about being off-topic?🤣

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

3 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

So can you smoke pot openly in a escapees park.

Probably the only way to know would be to ask managemet for the owned parks but I don't believe that anyof them are in states where it is legal to do so, so my guess is no. For the co-op parks you would have to ask each one sice they are owned and operated by the lease holders.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

We believe in individual freedoms and responsibilities here in Pahrump.   The town has two public marijuana dispensaries along with 4 large fireworks shops, two legal brothels and several gun dealers.  Nevada still prohibits marijuana use outside of a private residence so you can't partake in a public place.  However, the state has just approved regulations governing bar-like cannabis consumption lounges.  So no, you can't use pot out in the open in our co-op park and I doubt we'll be applying for such a license.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/nevada-poised-to-ok-cannabis-lounge-regulations-opening-door-to-public-marijuana-useefbfbc

There is precedence for selling things that can only be legally used in specified places, for example you can legally buy alcohol but you can't drink and drive or be intoxicated in public.  Accepting money for sex is legal in the brothels but not on the streets, and although fireworks can be freely purchased year round at any of the firework shops they can only be legally used at the town's Fireworks Safety Range.  Make sense?

Edited by Lou Schneider

1 hour ago, Lou Schneider said:

We believe in individual freedoms and responsibilities here in Pahrump.   The town has two public marijuana dispensaries along with 4 large fireworks shops, two legal brothels and several gun dealers.  Nevada still prohibits marijuana use outside of a private residence so you can't partake in a public place.  However, the state has just approved regulations governing bar-like cannabis consumption lounges.  So no, you can't use pot out in the open in our co-op park and I doubt we'll be applying for such a license.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/nevada-poised-to-ok-cannabis-lounge-regulations-opening-door-to-public-marijuana-useefbfbc

There is precedence for selling things that can only be legally used in specified places, for example you can legally buy alcohol but you can't drink and drive or be intoxicated in public.  Accepting money for sex is legal in the brothels but not on the streets, and although fireworks can be freely purchased year round at any of the firework shops they can only be legally used at the town's Fireworks Safety Range.  Make sense?

Total sense. And no one can gripe that they could not partake or do anything legal they wanted there. Like being parked next to loud RVrs next door or late party hardy types, if legal then the always available option as RVrs is to move to a better spot or park.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I read every single post. I'm laughing. Here in California it is legal and there are dispensaries everywhere no card needed. I know I know it's California. My two 60 plus year old brothers still smoke pot daily. We call them functioning pot smokers. I haven't smoked pot since I was 17 and joined the Navy's delayed entry program back in 82. But they tell me today's pot is not like yesterdays pot nor are the prices. 

I work at Middle and High Schools in my school district and daily these kids are still smoking weed in the bathrooms. Folks this country is in huge trouble for the future far worse then it is today......

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

On 9/17/2022 at 8:17 AM, jamtracy said:

..these kids are still smoking weed in the bathrooms. Folks this country is in huge trouble for the future far worse then (sic)  it is today......

I don't like kids toking up, but weed has been around a long time.  I can think of plenty of other things the country is in trouble from other than weed.

Edited by hemsteadc

On 9/16/2022 at 12:16 PM, Wrknrvr said:

Not sure what 'openly' means, but no, not anymore than you can walk around drinking a beer.

At the entrance to Mesa Verde Nat'l Park there's this big sign, "Marijuana is prohibited by Federal Law.. blah blah blah."  This is in COLORADO.  Right.  Like that sign is going to stop anyone from bringing weed with them.

Edited by hemsteadc

21 minutes ago, hemsteadc said:

Not sure what 'openly' means, but no, not anymore than you can walk around drinking a beer.

At the entrance to Mesa Verde Nat'l Park there's this big sign, "Marijuana is prohibited by Federal Law.. blah blah blah."  This is in COLORADO.  Right.  Like that sign is going to stop anyone from bringing weed with them.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/senate-bill-to-federally-legalize-marijuana-and-promote-social-equity-finally-filed-by-schumer-booker-and-wyden/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Is it really any worse than alcohol?

12 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Can't say I ever saw a pot smoker in any kind of fight . 

More likely they'd just laugh and say pass the munchies . 

I don't do either anymore, but I think you nailed it!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998