Pot smoking in parks

PAylor

i must disagree as there is a real usage for "pot". and the pill form it does not get one high, would have helped my dad while he was alive. illegal in the USA. still is. and no my dad could not drive a car by that time, and was trapped in a wheelchair.  he suffered from MS. died from   pneumonia compilations.

a number of "drugs" legal or not. do have a useful reason. but must be controlled, regulated. not out right banned. as i said before a lady i know uses the stuff. (pot) to help with a chronic pain. and it is much safer then some of the pills from the real Dr's pad.

but as long as it is a fed crime. it should be a jail time. just like being drunk in public. and many people like me with lung problems, all smoking makes me sick and cuts my breathing down to a point it hurts. sometimes just the junk in the air cause's me troubles.

most otc do not effect people so bad it cuts there ability's to do "normal" things. most controlled drugs can. and all will easily when abused.

and who here wants to get cut open in a hospital setting with out a knock out drug? with out testing the effects of things like heron we would still be held down and biting on a leather strip.

i say this not as a pro drug person. as i believe "druggies" should go to jail. just some drugs have a legal usage at times.

heck who wants moss on a open wound? i do not know the exact stuff. but it does help in healing.

so do not let me be your Dr.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jenandjon said:

At least the pot smokers don't leave cigarette butts everywhere. 

Here-here.....Most cigarette smokers are disgusting with the way they throw their butts everywhere.  It is liter,  plain and simple.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

2 hours ago, jenandjon said:

At least the pot smokers don't leave cigarette butts everywhere. 

But they do. Ask a veterinarian in legal areas how many cases of cannibals poisoning they have dealt with when dogs eat the butts.  Sad, but true.    

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

On 8/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, rpsinc said:

I suppose that could be the case but aspirin, Aleve, Tylenol, and others like this I use at times for relief of these aching bones and I dont find that they ALTER my mind.  But then again, Oxys and others I am not familiar with are also used for pain relief at times and can ALTER my mind.  It is a matter of being responsible and making a choice given your own personal circustances.

I do understand that some pain relief is available in CBD without THC and I have not been in situations that this course of treatment would be a personal consideration for me.  Although, not opposed, it is as well a personal decision and I personally would consider its MIND ALTERING capability as part of my decision.  

There certainly are many options for each of us and we have to make our choices based on our own circumstances.

Don't the pain relievers drug you use alter your perception as to intensity of the pain?  They alter your heart rate, blood pressure, respiratory rates, relax muscles, and slow reaction times. Your conscious mind may not be entuned to these changes but they still happen. They can make you drowsy, at least I know they do this to me, and take too much and they can stop your heart and kill you.

Perhaps the mind altering effect you refer too is the stereotypical "high" that of being in a eutrophic state, or uninhibited state, clouding ones judgement or inducing a psychosis or hallucinatory state of mind? These are certainly effects that can happen depending on ones intent, the amount of the drug, ones body chemistry and so forth.

I disagree with your original statement that any use should disqualify one from sharing the road, but I do agree that it is a personal decision and that ANY DRUG should be used responsibly , the person should know how any drug will effect them and exercise caution .

On 8/15/2022 at 4:16 AM, RV_ said:

Technically you're right. I stand corrected. But the steps are the same, only the terms are changed.

Agree. The Doctor writes the orders, and then they are dispensed . 

Total Amount Ordered: 14000 milligrams
Mg Per Day: 200
Purchase Device: Yes
Note: This is a recommendation, not a prescription. There is no scientific data regarding specific dosing. We are only providing you with a maximum dose per day. Start low and slowly increase your dose to avoid adverse reactions.

6 hours ago, palmeris said:

original statement that any use should disqualify one from sharing the road

I dont think I said that.    And I didnt use the term "high" mostly because I wasnt intending that frame of mind.  Mind altering isnt the same as being high.  Some meds, perscription or other, can induce altered state.  I will be considerate to others around me IF I should be in a situation where due to some life condition, I use substances that CAN alter my mind (read not able to make the best and safest decisions) and not operate any machinery, auto, truck, forklift, tractor or other that might cause a potential for injury or damage to others, myself or property.

6 hours ago, palmeris said:

Don't the pain relievers drug you use alter your perception as to intensity of the pain?

yes they do, but your examples are mostly directed at physical consequences.  I suppose, that depending on the amount taken, can alter your mind but..................

Sure wish I had not gone down this rabbit hole.  Please make the best choice you can as it concerns medications.

Marcel

"Don't the pain relievers drug you use alter your perception as to intensity of the pain?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, and if you read the instructions on the bottle or Indications information, there are very specific instructions that you are not to drive a car or operate dangerous equipment while taking this drug.  But then again, how many people are smart enough to read and follow instructions?

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

46 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

are very specific instructions that you are not to drive a car or operate dangerous equipment while taking this drug.  But then again, how many people are smart enough to read and follow instructions?

In TX such prescription drugs are reported by the pharmacy that fills them to the DMV and if an officer should run your license he will know you are taking such a drug and you will be charged with impared driving. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

57 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

In TX such prescription drugs are reported by the pharmacy that fills them to the DMV and if an officer should run your license he will know you are taking such a drug and you will be charged with impared driving. 

Without even testing the driver?

Edited by hemsteadc

1 hour ago, hemsteadc said:

I wondered that, too. Being prescribed a drug and taking the drug are not the same thing.  I have meds that say, "take as needed."  One of those makes me sleepy. So they would issue me a ticket even if I had not taken that one?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Seems to be a lot of misconceptions. I did think having to see a doctor to get them to write an approval for getting the drug to be a prescription technically incorrect  but I am no lawyer. However, I am experienced in body chemistry and metabolism, perhaps I can help clear up the chemistry.

There are many components to Marijuana (MJ) but the medicinal and recreational products refined from the plant boils boil down to two. CBD and THC.

Simply put CBD is supposed to relieve pain and does not get you high alone.

THC is the component that gets you high.

CBD only products do not get you high. Like those who claim to get an altered state from NSAIDs, which can be imagined or something individual akin to other reactions/allergies/drug interactions to drugs they take but I don't, which would be real. So to relieve pain you can increase the CBD dose without an altered state of mind or being high. Increasing the dose of NSAIDs, Opioids, and other pain relievers can cause organ damage or death.

THC only products get you high but without CBD do not relieve pain.

There are two main strains Sativa and Indica, and the THC derived from each are said to give different highs. Some products use hybrid strains or mix them. 

CBD and THC can be extracted from all MJ strains but some strains are grown for low THC for CBD products, and some for high THC for products that get you high.

CBD is generally extracted from low THC strains and then further refined down to effectively zero or non-effective traces.

Littering is done by slobs be they a non-user, or users like alcohol drinkers who throw cans and bottles in lakes and leave them littering the ground wherever they drink, or sugar addicts who throw their soda and candy wrappers out the window on our roads and highways, or Opioid addicts who were normal nice folks like us that were hooked by their doctors and now in desperation use heroin and litter used needles.

I did not nor would smoke MJ. I did enough damage smoking cigarettes for a number of years when I was younger. MJ users get high almost immediately smoking or inhaling it, within minutes. Gummies or other edibles take an hour or so to "Kick In" or take effect. So some folks would rather smoke it.

A caution. If anyone goes to a state where recreational MJ is legal as a MJ tourist and tries THC containing edibles to get high (gummies, chocolate, sodas, teas, edible THC oils, lollypops etc)  please wait a couple of hours before you take another. While it is very difficult to die from a MJ overdose, you can get so high it can be frightening. MJ tourists do this with edibles be they gummies or chocolates or whatever. They wait 15 minutes then take another then another and in an hour sometimes take five times as much as needed. They start hallucinating and panic and go to our ERs thinking they are going to die and if they drive themselves may cause a self-fulfilling, albeit tragic, prophecy.

Hope that clears it up some from a trained recently experienced MJ user, now non-user.

Hope that helps.

Safe Travels!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

3 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

I would assume that the officer would still test you. The LEO will know that you have been prescribed a drug that has directions that you are not to drive while taking it if he runs the license number. The officer would be required to have some reason to stop you and I would assume that he would do the standard sobriety test. I just looked on the page of cautions that came with a drug my wife is presently taking and in the printed instructions it does sate that the prescription was reported to TX-DPS. Until you get stopped and your license run an LEO would have no way of knowing, just as would be true for alcohol or anything else. I suppose that I should have said that you could be charged with impared driving. I would not expect that you would get stopped unless driving badly or involved in an accident. 

Edited by Kirk W
typo

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 8/10/2022 at 3:56 AM, packnrat said:

as a commercial truck driver my life is on the line every time i get on the road. ANY person who uses any drug, legal or not.

should go to jail if they are behind the wheel of any motor vehicle.

you do not need to be on a cell phone to kill another person in there car. remember you are driving at 65 mph (more?) in a 2000+ pound kinetic missile.

if i said a couple beers would make me a better driver would that make it ok for me to drink and drive? heck even a number of over the counter  pills/etc do impair one ability to drive safety. so a class one controlled substance will do far worse. and they say the pot these days is far stronger than 20-40 years back.

and yes there is a real medical reason for using this drug. but no real Dr will proscribe it for you.

i do know a lady who ripped up her leg and is fully disabled. she smokes to control the pain. sad she was only about 30 and was a registered nurse at the time. kinda hard to do that job when you need a cane just to walk around your home.

Several years ago, we had a group ATV event at the  Glamis (CA) sand dunes.  A few of us "caravaned" on the way there from Orange County, CA.  We stayed in contact by CB radio - which worked OK - if we weren't too far apart.

On the return trip, folks departed at separate times.  Sooo - I thought I would give the CB a try on the CB channel we had used on the trip *to* Glamis (think we had used ch 22).  No replies....but, just happened to be passing the truck scales - several tractor/trailers in line.

As we passed opposite the scales on the freeway, a  TRUCKER (on "our" channel) was asking his buddy if he knew where he "could score some  dope in L.A." !!

I picked up the mic, and said I was in the Pete a few trucks behind him, and I was going to come up and kick his Azz for making "us truckers look bad"!!  The guy riding with me about had a heart attack !!......and you should have heard the guy looking for "the score" do a LOT  of serious "back peddling".......he was "just joking", etc. etc.  You would have thought he had a (pick your favorite 18 speed  HDT tranny brand) -  - with 12 of those in reverse!! LOL

I had several friends who were long-haul truckers, who said besides (no-doz)  "mini-bennies" as eye-openers - -  "users" were not all that uncommon when they had mandatory "down time".

Edited by Pappy Yokum

For those that might be interested New Mexico just legalized pot sales in April of this year. The first month sales were 

$39 million with a tax revenue to the state of $2.4 million.

Last month, July, sales were about the same.

If this continues, that equates to $28,800,000 in new tax collected for the state. Thats right, almost 29 million dollars.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

13 hours ago, travelinbob said:

For those that might be interested New Mexico just legalized pot sales in April of this year. The first month sales were 

If this continues, that equates to $28,800,000 in new tax collected for the state. Thats right, almost 29 million dollars.

Ssssh🤫 (And the reduction in jail costs, law enforcement, overdoses from bad or laced MJ products, the costs in lives and violence) a good book to read is "From Chocolate to Morphine" By Medical Doctor and Harvard Psychochemist Andrew Weil which details the costs.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

12 hours ago, packnrat said:

and how much of a increase is theft to cover the drug habits ? heck even cigarette smokers and beer drinkers steal things to cover those habit's. even if just  ( paid ) time from work. lack of food to feed the kids,etc

Not everyone is perfect . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

On 8/19/2022 at 3:21 AM, travelinbob said:

For those that might be interested New Mexico just legalized pot sales in April of this year....If this continues, that equates to $28,800,000 in new tax collected for the state. Thats right, almost 29 million dollars.

Excellent. I would much rather pay the state than a street dealer.    Now I don't have to drive to CO! 

Edited by hemsteadc

On 8/19/2022 at 4:21 AM, travelinbob said:

Dave says that other states tried this but the cost of the taxes made it easy for street dealers to undercut the official prices. Oh, well.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I hope ND legalizes it this Nov (recreational, medical is legal here now).  I don't nor will I use it but I've know a few that did/does.  Great tax revenue!  Folks that imbibe in alcohol, can get rowdy, loud, just plain stupid.  Anybody I've been around that smokes a joint or bowl gets pretty mellow.  Neither one needs to drive or operate equipment while under the influence, period, especially someone operating a heavy vehicle like the OP mentioned in the first post.  IMHO, someone stoned on pot should be treated just like anyone that has drank alcohol even though the pot smoker is mellowed out.  I also firmly believe, pot/alcohol, 1st offense, loose license for one year.  Second offense, one year prison and loss of license for life.  I don't care who the person is, their right to be stoned/drunk does NOT trump my/wife's or your life/right to live or be maimed for life because of an idiot.

My drug of choice, is beer.  99% of the time it's beer I have brewed myself, don't like commercial swill.  With me, one beer, I'm done driving for the day.  Wife drives if with me, if not, I don't drink, not even one.

Edited by NDBirdman

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

Dave says that other states tried this but the cost of the taxes made it easy for street dealers to undercut the official prices. Oh, well.

Linda

Add in the cost of commercial real estate, utilities, labour, and you start to see why retail is such a hard game. Canada legalized in 2018, there was a flurry of new stores, now they've settled down, with mostly chain operations ruling the scene. My local guy, or personal plants are less than half of retail.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.