Free Covid-19 Test Kits

Kirk W

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I got our free Covid test kits in today's mail.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcza505H2n8Tb3KnCv-Nk

I just noticed that they have a use by date of 07/07/2022.

Good to know. Dave's already been tested twice, both negative, so he might use them by the expiration date.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Here in Australia all us old farts are entitled to 10 free test kits per 90 days. Just walk in to a pharmacy and pick them up. (No you can't get more because all the pharmacies are linked to a central computer). This issues has become a political hot potato. Actually hasn't all covid stuff become political?

The reason for the limit of 10 was because some folks were testing them selves several times a day.

Just a reminder that political posts are not acceptable on Escapee forums. 

Rule #2: Absolutely no discussions regarding religion or politics. Posts that are political or religious in nature will be removed and all participants will be warned.

Rule #2: Absolutely no discussions regarding religion or politics. Posts that are political or religious in nature will be removed and all participants will be warned.

Rule #3: If you have any concerns, questions, or problems contact an Admin. Going public with your grievances is automatic grounds to be banned, regardless of your warn status.

Rule #4: Decisions of the Admins are FINAL.

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

Dave's already been tested twice, both negative

Pam has been also because she was contacted via contact tracing that she had been exposed to someone positive in our community. They tested her with a quick test on day #5 and then again with the PCR test at day #10, both negative. Now that I think of it, have now been tested via a PCR test 2 times. The first was in September for a minor medical procedure and the second was just this week for another procedure that is next Monday. Mine were both negative also. 

Just wondering how Dave came to be tested, contact tracing or is he a victim of medical practice like myself?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Just wondering how Dave came to be tested, contact tracing or is he a victim of medical practice like myself?

The first was because he was running a temperature which is one of the symptoms. The second was because he goes shopping regularly and attends indoor social events several times a month with people who aren't particularly careful and testing was offered here in our community. I am not exposed except through him so just testing him felt like enough.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, bruce t said:

This issues has become a political hot potato. Actually hasn't all covid stuff become political?

Does the above  statement constitute "a political discussion"?  Or - (Kirk) is your "reminder" a heads-up *not* to initiate discussion (due to the question in the 2nd sentence)?

Just curious.

Yeah, still waiting here, too. But it's not political!  🤪

Edited by RangeMaggotBob

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

1 hour ago, LindaH said:

We received our COVID test kits supplied by the state, but we're still waiting for the ones from the US government that I ordered back on 1/18.

We ordered ours the first day they were available and they came about a week ago.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

It probably takes longer to get them if you waited to order as there are more orders ahead of you and processing takes time. They started to accept orders online on Jan. 18. and I believe that I ordered ours on Jan. 20 or 21 so it took ours about 3 weeks. 

What ever happened to common sense, remember the days when you got sick you just stayed home so you didn't spread it and if it didn't go away you went to the doctor. Now you have sick people standing in lines to get tested spreading whatever they have to be told they are sick with whatever. We are vaccinated and came down with Omicron after the first of the year but didn't run out and get tested we just did what we have always done and stayed away from others and recovered without and problems. Anyone that can read should know what to look for and know that unless it gets severe just use over the counter meds.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

8 minutes ago, D&J said:

What ever happened to common sense, remember the days when you got sick you just stayed home so you didn't spread it and if it didn't go away you went to the doctor. Now you have sick people standing in lines to get tested spreading whatever they have to be told they are sick with whatever. We are vaccinated and came down with Omicron after the first of the year but didn't run out and get tested we just did what we have always done and stayed away from others and recovered without and problems. Anyone that can read should know what to look for and know that unless it gets severe just use over the counter meds.

Denny

Good post.  We also don't understand people standing in those long lines to get tested and possibly spreading it farther.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

4 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Good post.  We also don't understand people standing in those long lines to get tested and possibly spreading it farther.

Some places you can get appointments for testing so no standing in lines.

Linda

56 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Some places you can get appointments for testing so no standing in lines.

Very true. Pam was tested twice after she was exposed and never stood in line at all. At CVS she was never out of the car. In my 2 experiences, both were at medical centers by appointment and a medic swabbed my nose and was the only person that I was at all in contact with. No lines at all in either case. From what I've seen on the news in this area the long lines are at the walk-in/drive-in testing sites. 

D&J the days of taking responsibility for your own actions ended long ago. Now we expect someone else to look after us! This doesn't apply just to covid and other health issues. It's always easier to blame someone else. I have friends who honestly believe that signs don't apply to them. Yet they are very, very quick to ask for help. There's a reason lawyers are rich!

22 hours ago, docj said:

We ordered ours the first day they were available and they came about a week ago.

Yep, 1/18 was the first day you could order them.  I did.  They haven't come.  Haven't even received a shipping verification yet.  Good thing they're free.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

8 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Haven't even received a shipping verification yet.  Good thing they're free.

I don't recall ever receiving a shipping notice; they simply showed up in the mail one day.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

9 minutes ago, docj said:

I don't recall ever receiving a shipping notice; they simply showed up in the mail one day.

The order verification email that I received from the USPS after I ordered the tests said a shipping verification email would be sent when they were mailed.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

8 minutes ago, LindaH said:

The order verification email that I received from the USPS after I ordered the tests said a shipping verification email would be sent when they were mailed.

Yup;  I got the same email, but I never received a shipping notice.

Sandie & Joel

WiFiRanger Ambassador

54 minutes ago, LindaH said:

Haven't even received a shipping verification yet.

I think that I would try ordering again to see if you get accepted? I would think that if yours are in process it will reject your order. 

9 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

I think that I would try ordering again to see if you get accepted? I would think that if yours are in process it will reject your order. 

No need.  They must have heard me complain because I just received a shipping notification!  It's supposed to be here by Friday.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

2 hours ago, LindaH said:

No need.  They must have heard me complain because I just received a shipping notification!  It's supposed to be here by Friday.

That means our notification should arrive soon. :)

Linda