Free Covid-19 Test Kits

Kirk W

19 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Very true. Pam was tested twice after she was exposed and never stood in line at all. At CVS she was never out of the car. In my 2 experiences, both were at medical centers by appointment and a medic swabbed my nose and was the only person that I was at all in contact with. No lines at all in either case. From what I've seen on the news in this area the long lines are at the walk-in/drive-in testing sites. 

Ours are drive-in...you never get out of the car.  Took about 15 minutes to get tested, phone call with results about three hours later.

On the other hand, I did order the test kits a couple of hours after they were announced.  Still no test kits.  Did get confirmation that they got my order!!1  

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

These are the kinds of reports I was talking about with the long lines.  Yes, it's not necessary for every instance of testing but I'm sure some Covid is being spread by those in these lines.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/covid-testing-demand/103-04aaa64d-263b-42df-8865-c47d26abd526

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, Vladimir said:

Ours are drive-in...you never get out of the car.  Took about 15 minutes to get tested, phone call with results about three hours later.

On the other hand, I did order the test kits a couple of hours after they were announced.  Still no test kits.  Did get confirmation that they got my order!!1  

The test kits:  Ditto on the "early" order date.  Kits arrived 3 days ago.

Testing:  "Back when" (before vaccs were available) wife was scheduled for knee surgery.  Hospital had at least two "off site" drive thru locations.  Results in two days.

Vacc sites:  Vacc 1 & 2 were drive thru.  Well organized, probably took a total of 30 minutes after arrival.  Half of that time, pull forward & wait 15 min to be sure of no adverse effects.  Booster (9-2-21)was at one of the hospital "satellites".  Schedule appt - fill out form, nobody ahead of us. Skip the 15 minute wait if you preferred.

BTW - nothing "political" - *If* you know anyone who had Covid "pre-vaccinations" (& barely survived), you will (likely) be a believer!  "Barely survived" = healthy 45 yr old FF.  Two months in hospital, touch & go while on vent, eventually released to a rehab center.  Then home wih 60% lung capacity & brain fog.  Ended career.

On 2/13/2022 at 4:13 PM, 2gypsies said:

These are the kinds of reports I was talking about with the long lines.  Yes, it's not necessary for every instance of testing but I'm sure some Covid is being spread by those in these lines.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/covid-testing-demand/103-04aaa64d-263b-42df-8865-c47d26abd526

My daughter was asked by U of M Hospital in Mi. to do testing.  Partner she worked with had it and didn't know and sure enough daughter got it.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:35 PM, beemergary said:

My daughter was asked by U of M Hospital in Mi. to do testing.  Partner she worked with had it and didn't know and sure enough daughter got it.

Hope she had a minor case, and returned to good health!

Be interesting to know how the testing was being conducted.  Walk in - as in, stand in line/s?  Or drive up?

Know lots of nurses, p/medics, etc.  NONE have contracted Covid *after* testing was available.  ALL those who participated (even in drive-up) were required to be tested daily.  The FF I referenced in prior post caught C *before* vaccination/s were available.  17 contracted C, 15 were minor - two barely survived.

Pharmacist friend has daughter - nurse who works at major So. CA Trauma Ctr in the ER.  At one time they were seeing lots of C (before vaccs) at the ER.  She never had any problems & still an ER nurse.  However, before & after vaccs became available - serious precaution protocol is/was required & followed.

The latest news reports say that because there are still free kits available, those who desire them can order some additional test kits if they wish. Those that we received have an expiration date so at this time we don't plan to order more. What do you think?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

The latest news reports say that because there are still free kits available, those who desire them can order some additional test kits if they wish. Those that we received have an expiration date so at this time we don't plan to order more. What do you think?

x2

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I ordered ours near the end of Jan, they arrived last week, what with the mail forwarding thing. We are in Ft. Myers Beach since Dec 1. The shipped notice showed they were going to our HOR, but when they arrived they had our Ft. Myers Beach address as the original shipping address.

You can only get 4 tests per mailing address, does that mean I can order 4 more after we get home? These rapid tests are not as accurate as the PCR test, in fact the instructions state, if this test is positive go get a PCR test.

Afterthought; if I feel sick why do I need a test to tell me? We both had COVID last Sep., by the time we felt like leaving the house to get tested we were over it.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961