How do I Wax, Polish and Buff the top of the sleeper on a 780?

Vegas Teacher

Different methods...Different people.... Some folks may be able to borrow a forklift and a pallet, others have hung out of a tractor front end loader, others build elaborate scaffold, yet others will pay for someone else to do that part.

Me, I gently lean a stepladder against the back wall of the cab, and stand near the top, then do the same on the sides.  The front gets tricky.... I may have put a ladder over the valve cover and climbed up from there.... 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

20 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Different methods...Different people.... Some folks may be able to borrow a forklift and a pallet, others have hung out of a tractor front end loader, others build elaborate scaffold, yet others will pay for someone else to do that part.

Me, I gently lean a stepladder against the back wall of the cab, and stand near the top, then do the same on the sides.  The front gets tricky.... I may have put a ladder over the valve cover and climbed up from there.... 

Thanks, I think I can visualize what you are saying much better than what I had. 

We have one Little Giant, and two knock-offs.  The genuine article is worth the extra cost, especially if it'll see rough service or be used by a fat old dude.  The imitators are from Lowes and Home Depot.  While both are sub par, the one from Lowes is much better.  

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

310-5023.jpg

More like this, Jay. Around me, they go for about $125-150 a day, in town.

Edited by Darryl&Rita

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

310-5023.jpg

Hey, I was lazy and just grabbed the first reasonable Google result I got locally.. I thought it wasn't bad for as much as I invested in it.. All four seconds! Jay

8 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

310-5023.jpg

Yup that's the one I was thinking about, wonder what kind of a deal you could get to rent one for one of the rallies where it could be put to use on multiple trucks. Just thinking out loud. 

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch