What did you do to your truck today?

jenandjon

Thank you for that.  Did contact the attorney we use for Farm where he noted all the Card Companies understand what figures they can adjust out or void altogether, they also have a flock of on staff lawyers that do nothing but drag the hearings on these larger challenges out for Months and repetitive courts events to cost the challenger out of the value.  His notation, accept the loss, claim against taxes or just buck up and move on.  Will not get it back, would spend far more for litigation that can achieve as refund.  So off we go on that path.  AMEX cards are already Closed, just paying that balance off, Visa accepted the loss as a Fraud event and moved on, still have that one.  Bought a RFID Wallet, make certain each use are in it, and are in my pocket now, a lot paranoid of it all as remembered had been in a hurry, was fumbling around with the hoist and trolley, taking stuff out to the car pulled gloves from the pocket had hurriedly dropped the cards into as when removed from my old wallet were stuck together as usual.  Not a second thought to recovering them at the time as Knew were Safely in that pocket.  As to that 'Approval' that AMEX had sent to me, have friends in IT departments, asked if had a Passcode or Face ID on my old phone, said was available just found it inconvenient.  My fault there as well.

As to Iphones from a Tech, if the cards were picked up or pick pocketed by one of the more intelligent less desirable, all had to do was follow as we moved to the Grocer after HF, get within a Few Feet with my phone active and can Clone it, unseen, discriminately, one of the easier "Skims" that happen.  For cards, if are using a card reader at a store, as soon as swipe and log the code to access, they can have those as well from a few feet away.  Cloned phone, can redirect ALL inbound calls for a period of time, yet if slip out of range or out of a region and phone connectivity that reverts to most active phone.  Today Skimming Scamming Thieves are so far advanced could be paid well by most industries for IT security, just easier money to steal from someone else.  What was purchased were $1000 and $500 Gift Cards, also access our VENMO and PAYPAL accounts, set up a Bogus Bank account, sent money that was then recalled and sent to that bogus account.  Bank checked those transactions, cannot recall electronic Wire payments or refunded moneys to bogus Temporary accounts these people immediately close out.

The notes above are just words to the wise, a warning to remain vigilant on guard.

Dave

Edited by ddm502001

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's why so many olde phartes (like me) prefer cash.  Do I get 5% cash back?  No.  Do I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to avoid being hacked?  No again.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

12 hours ago, rickeieio said:

And that's why so many olde phartes (like me) prefer cash.  Do I get 5% cash back?  No.  Do I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to avoid being hacked?  No again.

You just have to remember where you buried 136 mason fruit jars full of cash....

And hope that dementia doesn't set in soon.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

14 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

You just have to remember where you buried 136 mason fruit jars full of cash....

And hope that dementia doesn't set in soon.

Maybe he will leave one of those "Treasure Maps". 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

5 hours ago, rickeieio said:

It's all in my Rolodex.  🤣 

Don't forget to wind it and loose track of when it's time to take your pill...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

Gotta story about my mother-in-law and a battery operated pill dispenser.  Best told around the campfire, adult beverage in hand.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Gotta story about my mother-in-law and a battery operated pill dispenser.  Best told around the campfire, adult beverage in hand.

You're not going to tell us? That's just mean!

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, rickeieio said:

6 hours ago, sandsys said:

You're not going to tell us? That's just mean!

Linda

Sounds like a good reason to plan a meet up

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

8 hours ago, dblr said:

Sounds like a good reason to plan a meet up

I'm stuck in Minnesota. Y'all want to come here? We only have a little snow still on the ground and most of the parks aren't open yet.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Picked up Thunderstruck from her annual maintenance and inspection visit.  

New oil, filters, and a thorough inspection from a far smarter-than-me group of experts.

She got a clean bill of health for this seasons shenanigans...

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

I have to get The Money Pit in for a service. We are actually going on a trip this year. These Nebraska rednecks are going to Florida. Spending Memorial weekend in Kentucky with the in-laws and then headed to Tarpon springs to Visit my brother and his family. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new windshield put in after driving it with a huge spiderweb of cracks for a year.  Also put Dynamat and Dynapad in the cab, followed by stock rubber floor and a layer of carpet.  While it's plush and clean, it only dropped the sound at idle 4 DB.  It does sound noticeably quieter driving. 

Also put a Gen 2 door panel in on my passenger door.  The old panel didn't take to -15 F very well and broke pretty badly.  Other than the power window switch, it's a painless swap.  The panel I bought came with a switch that was bad, so I had to finagle it.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Cleaned, vacuumed and scrubbed the vinyl floor in preparation for the trip to Crossville.  Tomorrow I'll pack up all my tools and supplies and well be ready to go...

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

What is your target height for your 5th wheel plate and which hitch are you installing?  I am about to install a Trailer Saver TSLB.  My 5th wheel king ping level sits at 48”.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

11 hours ago, Cotreker said:

What is your target height for your 5th wheel plate and which hitch are you installing?  I am about to install a Trailer Saver TSLB.  My 5th wheel king ping level sits at 48”.

We measured it today at 50 1/2 inches. Just saying. If you stop by some day we can measure mine to see what it is.

2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift Trailersaver Hitch
2017 Momentum 397th
3 Yamaha Banshees
2 Honda 400EX's
Polaris Outlaw 50

Polaris Outlaw 110 EFi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018 Polaris RZR S 1000 Stealth Black
2019 Polaris RZR S 1000 Titanium Matte Metal

2015 Polaris RZR S 900 VooDoo Blue

https://i.imgur.com/e0ajU8Pl.jpg

So, installing Reese Style rails for a Detachable Hitch?, Very nice work so far.

I had to R&R my Right Fuel Tank, had considered doing this very repair while had tanks off to move mounts to OE Locations, is what I deserve for being Cheap.  Is called Strapping a Tank, where corrosion sets in along the retainer strap and/or saddles for the tank support, eventually begin to Seep, was defined as begun.  Weld shop pressure checked and found two other pin holes one of those is the small square to the Left, the other is on the bottom not pictured.  End result after sand out and polishing.  Segmented Tank, forward half is an unused Hydraulics Tank, still has a PTO on the trans just no pump or lines or controls for hydraulic system.

IMG_1882.JPG.5a8c00556261de6d6443109be095f5a2.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG

Edited by ddm502001

Leaving for Florida May 20 or 21 so I started getting everything ready. Sometime between now and then I have to plant another 800 acres of soybeans. Attend 2 scouting events, Wife's 40th birthday party attend 2 graduations and do a bunch of stuff I probably forgot about. 

I changed oil and greased. Only put on 6,000 miles in 3 years. Getting tools and generator packed up. 7000 k Kubota generator was giving me a little trouble bogging down on the last trip. I got that back from the dealer. There was problem with the fuel pump. We should be good there now. I'm still bringing my little 3500 Brute gas generator for redundancy. I have plenty of room for it since I junked the old Onan out of my side box. The Kubota is too big, so it has to ride on the bed. 

Camper is still at the shop. A tree fell on it last fall. Just grazed it but I got 6K in insurance money. So, I had them coat the roof and repair a little spot of the fiberglass that got busted. Replace the water heater and tv antenna then they found that the rear AC was shot so replace that. Dumped in a little over $5,000. What's left of the insurance money will go to the principal on the loan. Couple years ago, I got a new fridge and beefed up the suspension. 

With A little help from Chad, Wandering Dave and Mr. Cob, I got 2 AGM batteries and an inverter installed to run the beer fridge. All that is still working just fine. We should be good for a while. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Got some more done. Hitch is all done. Back plate is on, mudflap hangers, 

wiring is completed to the trailer plug.  Place for side by side is on the truck. 
I just need to install the Jackalopee, direct link, and back up camera.  
Then some more bling !,

9E749569-9BB5-4DF0-9C8F-E18929D07A91.jpeg

4 hours ago, Cheyenne1 said:

Got some more done. Hitch is all done. Back plate is on, mudflap hangers, 

wiring is completed to the trailer plug.  Place for side by side is on the truck. 
I just need to install the Jackalopee, direct link, and back up camera.  
Then some more bling !,

9E749569-9BB5-4DF0-9C8F-E18929D07A91.jpeg

Looking good!