Bronco Sport

lappir

It's not the "New Full Size Bronco", but the compact/sub compact one. I found a "Demonstrator" in Lawton, OK. today and they want everyone to drive it. They have to put 4000 miles on it before it can be sold. Will try to post photos of it and my Subaru will be sitting next to it. 

0ywj3nGl.jpg

WXeq8J5l.jpg

EKDfDdhl.jpg

qiYAJhfl.jpg

Rod

Edited by lappir
photo

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

1 hour ago, jenandjon said:

Anything without a 3rd row seat is jut too small for my clan. Not that we need the seating but cargo space.

Anything with a 3rd row seat is too big for my garage. The Bronco will fit. 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

7 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

I have a Subaru outback and absolutely love it!!! It is a great car.

I like most of the Subaru, but it's not easy to load compared with the VehiCross it replaced. The Bronco is more like the VehiCross in height and I will not have the "Eye Sight" stuff to worry about, my Daughter will. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

19 hours ago, jkoenig24 said:

I read somewhere that the "new" Bronco had very little towing capacity.

Not planning on towing with it, but it is nice there is already a hitch. On the Subaru I would have to add one to put my bike rack on. With the Bronco I just have to find the right bike carrier. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

On 1/3/2021 at 6:32 AM, Chalkie said:

That's not surprising considering that Ford use to own Land Rover. Personally, I would stick with the Subaru with its established tech and reliability.

The Subaru will stay in the family. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

12 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

Bronco Sport should not have a bronco badge. It's like an escape replacement. 

Actual bronco is pretty capable out of the box. 

I agree, I think it is going to be a good seller for Ford.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

18 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

Bronco Sport should not have a bronco badge. It's like an escape replacement. 

Actual bronco is pretty capable out of the box. 

I wonder how much the delay in getting the "Actual Bronco" out affects sales of the Sport. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

On 1/5/2021 at 8:52 AM, lappir said:

I wonder how much the delay in getting the "Actual Bronco" out affects sales of the Sport. 

Hi lappir,

I was curious to know what engine they have in that Bronco. I know that I should Google that question. 😁 One more question. Is the Sport unibody ? Curious minds need to know. 😎

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

19 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi lappir,

I was curious to know what engine they have in that Bronco. I know that I should Google that question. 😁 One more question. Is the Sport unibody ? Curious minds need to know. 😎

Al

Mr. Al, 

There are two different engines in the Bronco Sport. One a 4 cylinder and the other a 3 cylinder. I think both have Turbo Chargers, but you can't see much under the hood, especially on the 2 liter 4. The 3 is a 1.5 liter. 

I have now driven both engines over the same route. They each have more pep than expected and according to the instant MPG readouts will get near the same 20 mpg. At least that's were the meter showed for cruising speeds of near 70 mph. It was primarily flat with a bit more wind yesterday than the day with the 2 liter. 

The 1.5 comes in the Base model. The 2.0 was in a Badlands with all the bells and whistles. 

The Seats are not the same and I did prefer the more expensive of the two. I did not get in the back seat of the Base, but did the Badlands and while the leg room wasn't great the seat also was very comfortable from the start. 

I will continue to look at them and one day will most likely make an offer on one. It won't be near the Suggested list price though. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

2 hours ago, lappir said:

Mr. Al, 

There are two different engines in the Bronco Sport. One a 4 cylinder and the other a 3 cylinder. I think both have Turbo Chargers, but you can't see much under the hood, especially on the 2 liter 4. The 3 is a 1.5 liter. 

I have now driven both engines over the same route. They each have more pep than expected and according to the instant MPG readouts will get near the same 20 mpg. At least that's were the meter showed for cruising speeds of near 70 mph. It was primarily flat with a bit more wind yesterday than the day with the 2 liter. 

The 1.5 comes in the Base model. The 2.0 was in a Badlands with all the bells and whistles. 

The Seats are not the same and I did prefer the more expensive of the two. I did not get in the back seat of the Base, but did the Badlands and while the leg room wasn't great the seat also was very comfortable from the start. 

I will continue to look at them and one day will most likely make an offer on one. It won't be near the Suggested list price though. 

Rod

Hello Rod,

Thank you for the great info. Interesting info about the engines. A three cylinder. Would have never thought of that. I can see a 4 cylinder being turbo charged. 

Al

Per Car & Driver: "A 181-hp, turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder is the base engine, but a 245-hp turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder is also available. Both pair with an eight-speed automatic transmission, but the more powerful engine brings steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters and upgraded cooling components."

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

1 hour ago, hone eagle said:

Al -😇 I am pretty sure all ford small engines have at least one turbo

Hi Ralf. It's always good to hear from you. 😁    Al

It sounds like the three cylinder is one bank of the 3.5L in my pic-m-up.  I'm on my third F-150 Eco-Boost, 'nuff said.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com