List of states planning to reopen

agesilaus

I feel that we have this bug on the run, so why open up too early.  These facilities are shut down and let's leave them shut down for 2 to 4 more weeks and make sure we are safe.  

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

This virus is here to stay no matter what we do. It will still be among the public in 4 weeks. 12 weeks, next year and beyond. So far, in the USA, .047% of the population has been infected and .011% have died.

Think about how small that number is compared to how much damage has been done to the people and businesses of this country due to the shutdown.

I used to think the shutdown was about safety, I am starting to come around to the belief that it is more about control than safety.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

One sure thing, if things open up you yourself "or me, not pointing fingers" can remain in place and see how things shake out.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

This virus is here to stay no matter what we do. It will still be among the public in 4 weeks. 12 weeks, next year and beyond. So far, in the USA, .047% of the population has been infected and .011% have died.

Don't know where you get your info but they are just starting to do antibody testing, that shows who has had the WuFlu. In Contra Costa County CA people were tested using an extremely stupid testing selection of FB users. They were heavily  over selected for white females but still found 3 to 4% of the population had the WuFlu many did not know that they had it.

In NYC they did more representative testing and found 34% of the city population had had the plague. About half reported having at least one symptom the rest never knew.

Both of these tests only tested a small portion of the population. You can expect many more results in the coming weeks since the antibody test was just approved recently.

And there was that German town where they tested 75% of the population and found 15% were infected.

The actual fatality rate may be as low as seasonal flu.

The response to this information has surprised me, I expected about half and half: negative, we are all going to die vs enthusiastic "whoopee we can go camping again"

Edited by agesilaus

Agesilaus, I agree with your thought processes but used the "official" numbers that are published. I still think we are being played and this is coming from someone in the high risk group with emphysema, COPD. high blood pressure and in my mid 60's.

I do know that if this country doesn't get back to work, we are going to turn into yet another third world crap hole with the population beholden to the government for their existence.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

We and many like us are retired.  We have no workplace. We can choose  where we go and who we associate with. We have a pension  that pays the bills each month . We take the virus very seriously and will continue to do what we have been doing for over a month. State open or closed has little effect on us .We will not be travelling anywhere this summer or into the near future since we are not full timers we have a S&B and here we will stay.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

34 minutes ago, remoandiris said:

Because Utah never had a statewide stay at home order.

Neither did WY or SD and they are on the list. But this is early days and that list will firm up over the next week or so. UT did have a policy of using the Alert system to notify drivers entering the state that they had to fill out a Health Survey. That drew major negative feedback and they dropped that scheme.

31 minutes ago, richfaa said:

We and many like us are retired.  We have no workplace. We can choose  where we go and who we associate with. We have a pension  that pays the bills each month . We take the virus very seriously and will continue to do what we have been doing for over a month. State open or closed has little effect on us .We will not be travelling anywhere this summer or into the near future 

We are in total agreement with this. We shop for groceries once a week during "senior hours" at Walmart.  We're lucky to own a site at an "ownership parK" where we have plenty of space.  It may be a somewhat restrictive, even dull, life, but at least we're reasonably safe.

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

And here is more info from another early set of tests:

"Around a third of participants in a Massachusetts study tested positive for coronavirus, according to researchers.

The Mass. General study took samples from 200 residents on the street in Chelsea, MA. Participants remained anonymous and provided a drop of blood to researchers, who were able to produce a result in ten minutes with a rapid test."

article

1 hour ago, agesilaus said:

I was waiting for that to pop up, it's inevitable, like the sun rising...heh. Just what do you disagree with in the article, it's just a list.

And it's accurate for Minnesota. Individual outdoor sports are reopening--shooting, fishing, golfing, hiking. Most of those activities are done solo or in very small groups so someone decided those would be a good place to start. As for us, we'll be staying home except for grocery shopping for at least another month. It looks like Dave's model railroad community is going to reopen about then but he hasn't yet decided if he's willing to risk bringing this stuff home to me yet with my multiple vulnerabilities. We'll see how it's going in another couple of weeks. I hope the trend is down enough for him to be able to go. But, we now have two cases in our apartment building so we'll see.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

5 hours ago, agesilaus said:

They were heavily  over selected for white females but still found 3 to 4% of the population had the WuFlu many did not know that they had it.

In NYC they did more representative testing and found 34% of the city population had had the plague. About half reported having at least one symptom the rest never knew.

And there was that German town where they tested 75% of the population and found 15% were infected.

The problem I have with this is Figures don't lie but how presented is the implied lie.

I don't anything about the German town but used the American method of getting a test, the 25 % not tested would be the absolute least expected to be have the virus .  So my figures, the possible actual German infected could be 11 % (15%of 75)

The NYC like wise is high based in the American method of testing . The actual numbers NY per the AMERICAN SICK MAP is below. The State percent being 1.184% and if all was in NYC the city would have less than a million people'

Breakdown by state
  Cases Deaths
State Total Per 100k people Total Per 100k people
Total  706,442           215 35,926 11
New York   230,290         1,184 15,504     80
New Jersey    78,467            883 3,840

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

4 hours ago, agesilaus said:

And here is more info from another early set of tests:

"Around a third of participants in a Massachusetts study tested positive for coronavirus, according to researchers.

The Mass. General study took samples from 200 residents on the street in Chelsea, MA. Participants remained anonymous and provided a drop of blood to researchers, who were able to produce a result in ten minutes with a rapid test."

article

Unfortunate selection of a source for your opinion/s...☹️

1 hour ago, agesilaus said:

I was waiting for that to pop up, (Fox) it's inevitable, like the sun rising...heh. Just what do you disagree with in the article, it's just a list.

As inevitable as blaming Msnbc.

Edited by hemsteadc

This will be the first summer since 2006 that our Montana will sit in the driveway and not move except for dealer repairs.. We hope we will be able to return to Florida for the 20/21 season.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

he problem I have with this is Figures don't lie but how presented is the implied lie.

I don't anything about the German town but used the American method of getting a test, the 25 % not tested would be the absolute least expected to be have the virus .  So my figures, the possible actual German infected could be 11 % (15%of 75)

The NYC like wise is high based in the American method of testing . The actual numbers NY per the AMERICAN SICK MAP is below. The State percent being 1.184% and if all was in NYC the city would have less than a million people'

You lost me here you need to define your terms, like American Method. Just what is that. All testing when properly done follows statistical methodology which is standardized. You would almost never see 100% of a large population tested for anything. You test a subset, trying to pick a representative sample of the population at whole. That is often quite difficult. And after testing your subset you apply statistical methods which will give you the estimated error rate. A larger sample will give you a smaller error than a smaller sample of the population. Neither one of these tests is anything but quick and dirty with large error bars.

And there is another test in the NE also quick and dirty that got 29% but don't quote me on that I'm not sure of the numbers.

As for the German test, the first report that I saw said that they tested about 75% of a town's population of 17,000 or so. Even with Germans how could you sample that many people in a small town? That would be an extreme sample size.  But I just saw a second report that says they tested 500 people out of the town, which sounds more likely. That smaller number should be good, statistically, if it was a representative sample. Not people responding to a FB advert for example which gives you a terrible sample. The NYC sample was 200 people taken off the street in one NYC neighborhood. That is better but still hardly representative of a city of, what, 13,000,000 (not sure of the population)

8 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Think about how small that number is compared to how much damage has been done to the people and businesses of this country due to the shutdown.

I used to think the shutdown was about safety, I am starting to come around to the belief that it is more about control than safety.

Exactly, the shutdown was to even out the load on medical limitations, not to reduce the total number of people contracting SARS-CoV-2.

At present our only protection is self-education and protection to prevent COVID-19.

The 1918 Spanish flu pandemic came in 3 waves; number 2 was the most severe/widespread.

POTUS said in March  financial recovery could take 12-14 years.

This is a life-changing event-for everyone.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• Kirk W locked this topic