Covid Update

SuiteSuccess

Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing.  Here in East TN we’ve sheltered going on one month and actually have enjoyed it.  Lots of yard work done and some projects.  Garage reorganized.  Chins up as we are seeing leveling of the curve.  Need to go camping.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hi Carl, I made it into a KOA in eastern TN in mid-March. I doubt Covid19 (along with accompanying complications) is going to be resolved anytime soon (say, the next three to six months), so I plan on sitting tight here. I had hoped to get back onto Long Island, NY to see my medical providers but, NY is too risky as far as I'm concerned. I am happy that, so far, "normal" daily supplies are still flowing (and I hope that continues to be the case). I generally venture out once every 7 ~ 10 days to resupply. There are still FAR too many people who, in my opinion, are NOT taking the Covid19 problem seriously and, continue to act irresponsibly. They could well keep the problem going much longer than if everybody acted responsibly. Add to this mess, the fact that a tiger in the Bronx Zoo has become infected (showing the Covid19 CAN "jump species") and, that China has recently announced a "second wave" of sickness, I see no "light at the end of the tunnel" at this time. I'm sure that everyone would love to "get back to normal" but, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon. I hope you & Donna, as well as all of the HDT crowd, can isolate in place for as long as it takes.  People need to find something to occupy their minds and not just be sitting around feeling desperate. May God bless us all.

11 minutes ago, jkoenig24 said:

There are still FAR too many people who, in my opinion, are NOT taking the Covid19 problem seriously and, continue to act irresponsibly. They could well keep the problem going much longer than if everybody acted responsibly. 

No truer words could be spoken.  I just returned from Nashville and it appeared as though things hadn't changed all that much based upon road traffic.

And then you have 70 kids from the University of Texas who left for Mexico right in the middle of this pandemic.  As of this past weekend, 49 of the 70 tested positive for Covid-19.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

38 minutes ago, jkoenig24 said:

Hi Carl, I made it into a KOA in eastern TN in mid-March. I doubt Covid19 (along with accompanying complications) is going to be resolved anytime soon (say, the next three to six months), so I plan on sitting tight here. I had hoped to get back onto Long Island, NY to see my medical providers but, NY is too risky as far as I'm concerned. I am happy that, so far, "normal" daily supplies are still flowing (and I hope that continues to be the case). I generally venture out once every 7 ~ 10 days to resupply. There are still FAR too many people who, in my opinion, are NOT taking the Covid19 problem seriously and, continue to act irresponsibly. They could well keep the problem going much longer than if everybody acted responsibly. Add to this mess, the fact that a tiger in the Bronx Zoo has become infected (showing the Covid19 CAN "jump species") and, that China has recently announced a "second wave" of sickness, I see no "light at the end of the tunnel" at this time. I'm sure that everyone would love to "get back to normal" but, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon. I hope you & Donna, as well as all of the HDT crowd, can isolate in place for as long as it takes.  People need to find something to occupy their minds and not just be sitting around feeling desperate. May God bless us all.

John,

I know New York is a city you love.  The NYPD, your brothers, are suffering.  We offer our thoughts and prayers for their safety as well as all New Yorkers and New Jersey.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We're going to the farm some days, but staying away from other folks pretty much.  We live in a planned community with about 2500 homes.  It seems most households have dogs, and they require walking, a lot.  We sit in the driveway with a refreshing beverage and wave, but don't invite them in.  If we have a campfire, we limit it to one other couple with the chairs spread about 10' or so.

So, we got the garden tilled with my new 84" roto-tiller, today we cleaned the interiors of the smart, the real car, and my truck, plus I washed the smart and truck, washed engine bay of the smart (it was covered in red Utah dust) and did a good cleaning on the wheels on the truck.  

Now it's time to retire to the porch with a Coctel de Camarones. (Mexican shrimp cocktail.)  And to add some cultural diversification, I'll have a raddler with it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Hi Carl

Thanks for checking in.  We are doing fine.  Fortunately all levels of government here have not contradicted the medical professionals and I think it has made a difference.  You won’t find a politician here answering medical questions.  Brenda and I live in a neighborhood where it is easy to get out and walk while easily maintaining social distancing.  Sure wish there was somewhere to go camping.

Really the biggest problem I have is the dog keeps taking my spot on the couch when I get up.

Hard to believe it was only a month ago you were ahead of the curve and cancelled the ECR.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Nigel,

Glad I did cancel.  Cumberland County has almost 30 cases and growing.  Just glad to hear all my friends are doing well across the US and Canada.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Hi Carl we are still stuck in Illinois staying in a campground just south of Springfield. We are about 20 miles from where our house was and this is as far as we’re going now. Doing a lot of walking and only going out every two weeks for food and drinks. All the fast food and car dealers are still open here all of them are essential workers, but power plant workers are not. It’s Illinois I’m not even going to try to understand it. Can’t wait to see everybody again. Hopefully October. Be safe

4 hours ago, rickeieio said:

We're going to the farm some days, but staying away from other folks pretty much.  We live in a planned community with about 2500 homes.  It seems most households have dogs, and they require walking, a lot.  We sit in the driveway with a refreshing beverage and wave, but don't invite them in.  If we have a campfire, we limit it to one other couple with the chairs spread about 10' or so.

So, we got the garden tilled with my new 84" roto-tiller, today we cleaned the interiors of the smart, the real car, and my truck, plus I washed the smart and truck, washed engine bay of the smart (it was covered in red Utah dust) and did a good cleaning on the wheels on the truck.  

Now it's time to retire to the porch with a Coctel de Camarones. (Mexican shrimp cocktail.)  And to add some cultural diversification, I'll have a raddler with it.

There was a video on Canada's Weather Network of a small dog being walked with it's leash attached to a drone.

Hi Carl glad all is well there, we are at home in De as the wife still works and even tho schools closed she did work a couple of weeks for the to go lunch program, they have rotated workers so we believe she is done. Home projects seem to be at task but that is good so when this is all over we can hopefully head out. We had a condo vacation cancelled for Vero Beach next week and also the Forest River Owners Group ( FROG ) has cancelled all their June rallies muck like you did for the ECR and also proponed the April registration for their main rally in August. Stay safe and with some luck we will all be out camping soon and WE hope to attend next years ECR, been a while since I have been there.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Hi Everyone,

Things in northeast Ohio are good. The governor of Ohio wants everyone to wear a mask when out in the public. The only time you need to be out is to get supplies. My grand kids are doing on line classes right now. My oldest grandson goes to Kent State ( his classes are also on line ) and he also works in a nursing home. I need to go to the store tomorrow for supplies. The nice thing is that I can get into the store early because of my age. I also stay in touch with the kids thru my smart phone.  😎

Stay save everyone,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I made the trip from the RGV Texas last Wed, Thursday & Friday back to Northern Indiana where I am  hunker down, just working on RV, Truck, Yard & workshop. We have 14 cases in our county. Most things R closed.

07 630 VNL Volvo
16 Smart Car
2017 DRV 40KSSB4

Hi all.... we've been in lockdown since 3 March here in Eastern NC.  I have friends who are mission essential here...heavy towing and truck repair.  I check in with them every couple of days.  They tell me they're doing fine.  We are fine but I stay busy taking care of the house and property.

If we need to go to the store for anything, Wendy usually does that... she's hi speed low drag and in better shape than me.  You all take care out there.  Wishing you all well.

53 minutes ago, Lights said:

I made the trip from the RGV Texas last Wed, Thursday & Friday back to Northern Indiana where I am  hunker down, just working on RV, Truck, Yard & workshop. We have 14 cases in our county. Most things R closed.

Hi Dan,

Glad to see you are home. I have been thinking about you. Stay safe my friend.

Al

Edited by alan0043

After crossing back into Canada, we've been in total house arrest. The federal government allows for walks, shopping (minimal), and almost normal life. The provincial government regulations are MUCH more restrictive. 14 days of full house arrest. No walks, no external contact with others. A neighbor has been walking the pups for us. He texts, I put them outside, wipe down the leashes with Lysol wipes, and wait. When they get back, they tie the dogs to the picnic table, I go out to wipe down the leashes again, and bring the dogs back in. Garbage gets set at the edge of the site, picked up with a golf cart. No exercise going to the dumpster. The water is turned on now, but the original plan was to contact the office to confirm staff would be available to help with water. The rig would then be moved to the water fill station. The outside hose bib, both ends of their hose, and the female end of our hose would be disinfected. The staff member would be wearing gloves during this process. The only part of the system I was allowed to touch; the end of the hose touching our rig. I was wearing gloves the whole time, but not my house, not my rules. Overall, a very professional operation.
We're at day 5 of 14, can't wait to walk my own dogs.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Grateful to have got out of California just in time, before they it shut down.  Being quarantined in the RV while recovering from my skiing accident would have been less than pleasurable .....

Life has been pretty normal here at the house & office but getting out of course has been a different issue.  It has been about 50/50 around here of those who do and don't understand the seriousness of what is happening.  I honestly think that some believe that their social/economic status is going to protect them from COVID19.  They are in for a rude awakening when their carelessness catches up with them.

I have found that when we do have to get out, do it as early in the day as you can.  Those who seem to understand what is really happening seem to get their errands done in the early day.  Then as the day progresses people seem to become more relaxed with their PPE and social distancing.  My favorite was yesterday at the grocery store the parent has wearing PPE but not the kid.  The kid was touching and moving everything around in the cart then rubbing their face.  Hopefully they did a full decon on the kid but doubt it.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

5 hours ago, RickW said:

Grateful to have got out of California just in time, before they it shut down.  Being quarantined in the RV while recovering from my skiing accident would have been less than pleasurable .....

Life has been pretty normal here at the house & office but getting out of course has been a different issue.  It has been about 50/50 around here of those who do and don't understand the seriousness of what is happening.  I honestly think that some believe that their social/economic status is going to protect them from COVID19.  They are in for a rude awakening when their carelessness catches up with them.

I have found that when we do have to get out, do it as early in the day as you can.  Those who seem to understand what is really happening seem to get their errands done in the early day.  Then as the day progresses people seem to become more relaxed with their PPE and social distancing.  My favorite was yesterday at the grocery store the parent has wearing PPE but not the kid.  The kid was touching and moving everything around in the cart then rubbing their face.  Hopefully they did a full decon on the kid but doubt it.

Rick,

The amount of willful disregard astounds me.  I have relatives that are not distancing or taking any precautions.  Don’t care if you think this is all hype or not, exposing yourself is your choice, but exposing others is plain stupid.  BTW glad to hear y’all made it home safely and are recovering.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

42 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

exposing yourself is your choice, but exposing others is plain stupid.

Nicely stated. 

Hmmm.  Your arms are about 3', and a cattle prod (stun gun on a stick) is about another 3'. 

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

We live in a relatively rural area surrounded by horses and farm land.   I have not left our property since we returned from FL in Mid-March.  We are the very last house out here served by Comcast and we feel fortunate to have high speed Internet.  Without wi-fi we would not even have acceptable cell service.  Nancy has ventured out to the grocery store on two occasions with gloves, disinfectant and mask during the first hour only open to seniors.  Forget call ahead pick-up ordering as it is close to a week wait to get a pick-up date and time.  Pollen is very bad turning everything yellow and I am coughing with watering eyes despite meds.  There is plenty to do here to keep me busy but I just can't seem to get my mo-jo in gear to get moving.  Reading a lot and sleeping more than usual.  Area State Parks, Corp of Engineers and National Parks we normally like to visit are all closed.  Some private areas are open but bath houses and common areas are closed.  Of course schools, churches, movie theaters and community events are cancelled.  Just finished an interesting Kindle book;  Influenza - The Hundred Year Hunt To Cure The Deadliest Disease In History by Dr. Jeremy Brown.  It focuses on the 1918 pandemic and where we are now.  Answered a lot of my questions the scare news thrown at us 24/7 fails to address.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Hi Everyone,

Anyone know how Road Fitter is doing ? Have not seen any post from Ken for a long time. I was just curious to know if Pat and Ken are doing good in these difficult times.

Al

Al, you got me think'n.  Most of us have spare time between tinkering on jobs that aren't urgent.  Let's all try to sit down, grab the phone, and call a friend or two, every day.  We may be isolated, but we can still stay in touch.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN