300’ cellular tower at Escapees Care?

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have returned to our homebase at Escapees in Livingston after being gone for over six months. Now I see all the signs throughout the Escapees “No 300’ cellular tower at Care”. Can anyone update me on what this is referring to. 

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Edited by chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gary, welcome back. Bruce Horton did a nice write up on the project a while back. There is a 10 yr contract with CARE for the tower, $1k a month. Some I guess are afraid it will cause brain damage or make them sterile. Probably to late on both accounts. Some of us are rooting for the project.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

We enjoy our winter home base at Jojoba Hills in Southern California.  Our resort has a Verizon tower which is designed to look like one of our pine trees . . . we hardly notice it and it brings in nearly two thousand dollars a month in revenue while affording those of us in the resort excellent cellular reception. 

oRV

75065 Lifetime Member

2010 Phaeton 40 QTH

2014 Honda CR-V Toad

There are much worse things to worry about other than a cell tower.  If the tower is not put up, everyone will complain about poor cell coverage.  You cannot have a good signal and no tower.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We have one of those "Pine tree cell towers" at the Muskegon MI Elks Lodge RV park/campground.  Actually glad it is there as that helped fill a huge cellular dead zone.  Plus, it brings in revenue as the cellular company rents that space, covers the utilities for that space, and helps keep the main road in good repair so that they can access it. The tower is not in the area where the sites are either.  

Richard "Doc" Strait, USN Retired

2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

Point of Contact for the Military, Veterans, and Gold Star Families BOF

I'm so sick of the very same people complaining about towers, and complaining about poor cell service.  Idiots.  I live in a spot that used to have no usable service.  Some neighbors went around asking people to sign a petition against towers going in nearby.  I'm happy that most refused and some even campaigned against them.  The towers are shaped like giant saguaros, and unlike the palm trees, they blend in perfectly.  There's no way you'd know they were towers unless you got close to them.

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

I'm so sick of the very same people complaining about towers, and complaining about poor cell service.  Idiots.  

We had that happen in our old neighborhood with power poles. People want the power but not the poles. You can't have it both ways, people.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

18 hours ago, dewilso said:

Hey Gary, welcome back. Bruce Horton did a nice write up on the project a while back. There is a 10 yr contract with CARE for the tower, $1k a month. Some I guess are afraid it will cause brain damage or make them sterile. Probably to late on both accounts. Some of us are rooting for the project.

Do you have a link to Bruce's article?

Will the tower really be 300 ft. tall? It's unusual to have a cell tower that large in an area with any kind of population because it simply covers too much area for a single cell.  Also, anything above 199 ft. in height usually requires aviation obstruction lighting and orange and white stripes for visibility.  Towers below 200 ft. height are exempt unless they're within the glide path of an airport.

Edited by Lou Schneider

23 hours ago, dewilso said:

Howdy!

Dave, thanks if it will improve the AT&T coverage I’m all for it and it is much needed.

” Happy Trails “

Chiefneon

Edited by chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

The one game changer might be if they install the new 5g technology on the tower. They are 1000 times more powerful than the old cell transmitters. This technology is new, and many fear the high power of these devices will have many health risks. The old towers had risks that many debated. I don't think there will be much debate about this new stuff once it gets in and people start having problems.

Edited by Muskoka Guy

9 minutes ago, Muskoka Guy said:

They are 1000 times more powerful than the old cell transmitters.

This is completely false fear-mongering from people who know nothing.  The same people who are flat earthers and anti-vaxx nuts.  It's not just ridiculously false, but backwards.  The current cell towers produce around 20-40 watts depending on need, while 5G towers are far less than that.  They could be as low as 5w, and as far as I know, never above 30.  So, already, less power.  The 1000 times more...LOL!  On top of that, radios in handsets go dormant when they are not busy.  If it takes a long time to transfer data, the radio is active for a longer time.  Since 5G can transfer the data much more quickly, you will actually be exposed to an active radio for a shorter time.

Please stop listening to mainstream media and/or conspiracy nuts on tech stuff.  You can just easily research the raw facts and see that claims like 1000x more powerful are bogus.

Carlos, I agree.  People spread false information and create fear in order to farther their own fears.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

20 minutes ago, Muskoka Guy said:

Its the difference in wave lengths that make it dangerous. I guess all the leading scientists who are warning everyone don't know what they are talking about either.  Believe what you want. 

With so much of the world using cell phones non-stop it is truly a wonder we haven't had species extinction from the treats of cell phones.  

What leading scientists and their credentials?   This isn't ionizing radiation.  More damage to you is done by going out in the sun.  But it you feel better then by all means withdraw from society and hunker down in the hills because everything evolves and change is occurring all of the time.   And be careful what you eat, everyone who ate carrots in June and July of 1885 died.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Sorry, but obviously you have no understanding of difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, nor how true scientific studies are done.   Just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

On 10/2/2019 at 2:11 PM, sandsys said:

We had that happen in our old neighborhood with power poles. People want the power but not the poles. You can't have it both ways, people.

Linda

Yes you can;  my local REMC wants to bury the utility cables coming to our house, _at my expense.😒 My reply was, leave the overhead power lines there if you wish, or bury them on your dime, just be timely when those 3 huge trees fall on them, and restore power.

As to local cell towers, more power to them, I want one nearby, presently have NO cell phone signal = signal ampflier will not work when there's nothing to amplify.

When 5G becomes commonplace, there might be  a mini-tower on every block I've read.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

13 hours ago, Muskoka Guy said:

I see that you’re an anti-5g shill here. That’s cool, can you address the claim that 5g is 1K more powerful than 4g?

In reading about the coming 5G cellular technology, the most common issue seems to be the number of them and distance from us. (5G Cell Towers: Why You See Them and How They Work) I can't seem to find any discussions that address any towers of even close to 300' tall? If that is actually happening then the tall towers must be part of a link to time the small, short distance transmitter/receivers together. The one positive thing about this thread for me is that it has triggered me to do more research on the subject. If you are like me and have not kept up with the latest on cellular technology and where is it going, then I suggest you read "What is 5G?" from the August, 2019 PC Magazine. If you want more information about the questions of what impact it may have on all of us, read "5G Cell Towers: Are They Safe?"

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI