How Many Contribute ?

dewilso

I know that many of us use various APPs for finding facilities. We look at ratings, comments, locations, inclusions, prices (if applicable) and what ever else. We use AllStays, Gas Buddy, Free RV parking, RV Park Reviews and many others. My question is how many actually contribute their knowledge to improve or maintain these valuable resources ?

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

We've  contributed and reviewed hundreds on RV Park Reviews - mostly public parks.  That was our 'go to' site.  Also to the Escapees 'Day's End' site for boondocking sites.  We used both during our travels.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

It is difficult to know what share of people on these forums take the time to conrtibute information to the sites & apps that they use, but I suspect that it is a higher percentage than it would be if you could look at all RV owners. People who take the time to contribute to a forum like these probably do that with the others. I can tell you that I use Gas Buddy, RV Park Reviews, Campendium, and Escapees camping guide on a regular basis and I also contribute to all of them on a frequent basis. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I use RVParky on a regular basis and review each and every CG we stay in.   I will also use Yelp if we patronize a local business in the area and it is either really good or really horrible.   

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I review nearly all the parks I stay at on Campground Reviews (formerly RV Park Reviews).  The ones I don't review are because I forgot to and too much time has passed for me to remember the good and the bad.  I usually do my review the day before I leave a park.  If a week goes by, I have probably stayed at one or 2 more parks and the details get fuzzy pretty quick.

One thing about reviews is they are simply one person's opinion.  When the rating and the text do not match, I ignore the entire review.  And that happens a lot.   

I admit I go in phases of doing well in contributing to all (Well not Yelp -  Legalized extortion IMO, so boycott until they change their business practices.) of the mentioned sites. Then I'll get sidetracked, and let a few months go by where I just don't take the time to contribute. I know I should do so, and just before I posted, I asked the DW if she'd help me remember, and even take over the updates on a few of the sites - so hope to be more consistent in the future:)!

Best to all, be safe, have fun,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped some years ago. I was submitting CG reviews, most of which never were published. Some were positive, some negative.

Now I only use Good Sam to look up CG reviews.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961