Just statistics.........

Vegas Teacher

I’d rather write too much than not enough. 

It keeps me from spending too much time in court trying to explain after the fact in my line of work. ;)

2 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Not Even,

You just made my day, because all I wanted was yes or no nothing else, thanks for reading!!!!! As I tell my students no explanation needed or necessary.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Guess I should read better but then it is the same thing I tell my wife and she still gives me a story that usually could have been said with a yes or no 😝

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

On 5/15/2018 at 1:34 PM, Vegas Teacher said:

Not Even,

You just made my day, because all I wanted was yes or no nothing else, thanks for reading!!!!! As I tell my students no explanation needed or necessary.

If ALL you wanted was statistics and a yes/no answer then you should have created a new "poll" rather than creating a new "topic". With a poll you could have supplied simple points to your question.

IE:Did you have any previous experience driving HDT's before you bought one?
1 yes I did
2 no I didn't

(you can have expanded your poll with a few more points, like)
3 some but not with HDT's
4 was a professional driver

Then you would have gotten your stats in a percentage format from the poll and not had to waste any time reading the drivel that people put in the thread.

After you click the "Start new topic" button you have your choice of "content" or "poll". Try a "poll" next time, Cory. Since the question and answers are fixed by the creator no instructions or disclaimers are needed. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Pill - Now don't go trying to instruct a teacher.  They tend get all grouchy when you don't read their mind for exactly what they want...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

5 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

Pill - Now don't go trying to instruct a teacher.  They tend get all grouchy when you don't read their mind for exactly what they want...

Now that was funny :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

2 hours ago, runaway parents said:

PROGRESS REPORT Student failed to follow and read instructions . Needs to improve. Have parent sign and return. I am so scre ( up a creek) I just know I will get grounded. Teach can I just stand in the corner:) 

We are not allowed to make kids stand in the corner any more, that hurts self esteem honestly that could get you fired. I walk a very fine line when I walk into the classroom. 20 + years ago when I taught in Stockton Missouri I was called into the office to be a witness while the principal he swatted a kid 5 times for being tardy, now he would be fired for that. Times change rules change and the curriculum changes the only thing constant is change. 

14 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

We are not allowed to make kids stand in the corner any more, that hurts self esteem honestly that could get you fired. I walk a very fine line when I walk into the classroom. 20 + years ago when I taught in Stockton Missouri I was called into the office to be a witness while the principal he swatted a kid 5 times for being tardy, now he would be fired for that. Times change rules change and the curriculum changes the only thing constant is change. 

and that is why kids are out of control today

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On 5/17/2018 at 8:35 PM, Vegas Teacher said:

Well since the thread is way off the rails anyway...   and since the op brought it up...

35+ years since I was in high school (way out in the country, farm kid like I said) and the principal, gym teacher and shop teacher all had paddles hanging in their office signed by those that had gotten the business end.  And you didn't want it from the shop teacher as that one was a custom hand built job full of holes to make it nice and aerodynamic.  And the only guns in school were the ones in our gun racks in the parking lot for hunting or target practice after school.  Anybody else feeling a connection here?  There's some change.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:05 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

YES

Figured out long ago, that if I can start it, I can operate it.  Boats, Cars, Heavy equipment, etc.

Same with me. Never even sat in and HDT before the day I bought it and drove it from KC to Chicago.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

If I read your question correctly, a yes answer would mean that we have never owned or drove a semi truck before we got our HDT.

If so, then YES for us.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Archived