My wife and I are full timers just a couple of months shy of a full year on the road. We actively seek cheaper venues to stay at. Our latest blog entry (non-monetized blog) reviews a State Park, a Corp of Engineers Park and a County Park all of which should fit the budgets of those seeking either full or partial hook ups when they camp. You can see the review here:  http://wanderingtootsies.blogspot.com/2018/04/hords-creek-lake-c.html  Enjoy (photo rich).

4 hours ago, SWharton said:

Do you update rvparkreviews.com when you visit a cg? Larger audience for your review.

I find this depends on if the blog owner is trying to make money on the blog with ads.   In this case, they are not.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I think these campground reviews might be better located in the Travel section. Or not posted here at all. If all the members started a new thread every time they wrote a blog post this forum would quickly become inundated. Most of us with blogs just list it in our signature so those who are interested can go there to see if they want to follow us or not.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

47 minutes ago, sandsys said:

I think these campground reviews might be better located in the Travel section. Or not posted here at all. If all the members started a new thread every time they wrote a blog post this forum would quickly become inundated. Most of us with blogs just list it in our signature so those who are interested can go there to see if they want to follow us or not.

Linda Sand

I agree. 

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

19 hours ago, SWharton said:

Do you update rvparkreviews.com when you visit a cg? Larger audience for your review.

We just pass on our own experiences and we also have a page on our blog that we rate the campgrounds we've visited. The blog is non-monetized and we do this as a hobby. 

8 hours ago, jc2 said:

I agree. 

You agree?  funny, I am a full timer, I provide these as a way of helping my fellow full timers find adequate camping spots and things to do in the area once we they get there. Is that not in the spirit of a full timer? I can post in the blog section but it isn't working correctly. For the record what I do is a hobby, not an income.

41 minutes ago, drzcharlie said:

Is that not in the spirit of a full timer? 

The spirit of a full timer is to make ourselves available to answer questions and provide support to other RVers. To dump our thoughts on people who have not asked for them is not supportive. It suggests that they use their time to support your wish to answer questions no one has asked.

You post your blog's URLs in your signature block so those who want what you are offering can find you. One of these days I hope to find time to check out your Viet Nam blog. I'm wondering if you have been back there and, if so, how it went. But, that's not a discussion we should have here.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

RVparkreviews is the generally accepted place for park reviews. I look at a blog as an item to view of someone's trip to an area I am interested in. It is nice that you put park reviews in your blog but if you additionally update rvparkreviews you would benefit a lot more people.

When traveling we generally update rvparkreviews on a daily basis to benefit the rving community.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:19 PM, drzcharlie said:

My wife and I are full timers just a couple of months shy of a full year on the road. We actively seek cheaper venues to stay at. Our latest blog entry (non-monetized blog) reviews a State Park, a Corp of Engineers Park and a County Park all of which should fit the budgets of those seeking either full or partial hook ups when they camp. You can see the review here:  http://wanderingtootsies.blogspot.com/2018/04/hords-creek-lake-c.html  Enjoy (photo rich).

I enjoyed reading the CG reviews, found the info helpful and enjoyed the pictures.  I think the criticism of this posting is a little over done though. 

Some thoughts:  Since the topic has little to do with fulltimeing, I would think the topic would be best served in the travel section of this forum.  I also believe the general information about the CG's would be most helpful if you were to add your reviews to RVParkReviews.com.  You did say you wish to be helpful to the general RV'ers. 

Thanks for the info.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Wow! You're playing to a tough crowd.  As for myself, I enjoyed reading your post. I rarely look at blog links posted below posts unless I enjoy the post so much and think I may get something more from the writer.  We've all seen posts put under the incorrect category but I rarely see such criticism in doing so.  Again, thanks for your post. I didn't think twice about what category I was reading it from.  I hope you don't write off this forum because of this unfortunate criticism.  I think some are just having a bad day.  Good travels to you!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Thanks for the post, I enjoyed reading it.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Wow. The Op just posted a link to his blog. I loved the pictures and the info on the blog. I don’t think he did anything wrong in posting a link. He did not make a lengthy post, just a link. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

By the way. I have been full timing for almost 5 years. I use rvparkreviews.com a lot. I just posted my first review and it was rejected because it was a negative review. I had to edit it to includ some positive comments about the RV Resort before they would accept my review. Just an FYI. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Interesting. I have been posting for over a decade and the only one I have had rejected is a review on a cg that would not accept any animals at all. Felt it should be posted as an FYI but because I didn't stay there it wasn't post.

I have seen negative reviews, look at some of those for Iraan TX, especially the older ones. I also think whether a review is accepted is dependent on the reviewer. I think everyone is a volunteer.

I feel if I use a free site I should contribute to that site.

For those posting links in their signature line; Just a heads up, but we've turned off all signatures, due to the size of some of them. We don't see links, pics, witty phrases, etc. 

I found the OP to be a fun little read, and also accept that in this brave new world, this is how business is done. Blogs need readers or face doom, so the message needs to be put out in as many avenues as possible. This is true for hobby blogs, and doubly so for revenue generating blogs. I control whether I click the link, or not. The original post was better than a lot of the generic "I wrote a new thing here" posts which I seldom click. Unless there's some detail to what I'm going to see, "Next".

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

By the way. I have been full timing for almost 5 years. I use rvparkreviews.com a lot. I just posted my first review and it was rejected because it was a negative review. I had to edit it to includ some positive comments about the RV Resort before they would accept my review. Just an FYI. 

As an administrator of RVParkReviews, I can state unequivocally that you were NOT asked to include positive information in your review in order to get it posted.

What you were told was that our site policy requires that all reviews contain some information about the park that would be useful to others in deciding if it is a park suitable for them.  We acknowledge that you had a negative experience at the park and you are more than welcome to include it in your review, but it is unlikely that most other RVers will share that same bad experience.  Rather than have your review only contain information about that one experience, we asked you to include other comments about the park.  Were there things that you liked?  Were there other things that needed improvement?

We're sorry if you disagree with this policy, but we believe that is it the best way for us to maintain a database of high quality reviews.  There are plenty of negative reviews in the database, you only need to browse it to find them.  We simply try to make sure that even those negative reviews have some lasting value.  Most highly negative reviews are related to interactions with specific CG employees; with the high employee turnover rate at RV parks, the employee in question may well have left before a review is even posted.  In that event, if there wasn't any other information about the park in the review, it would become meaningless; our policy ensures that it will have some lasting value.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I always read the RV Park Reviews with the thought of: "Does this very positive or negative review contain details which pertain to my situation."  Some of the negative reviews are "there is no place for the kids to play", "there is no dog run", or a gripe about certain employees.  If other reviews have info about things I want/need, then that is what I find important.

For what it is worth, RV Park Reviews is about the only listing for RV Parks that I use.  For dry camping or boondocking I use a few other sources, most notably Escapees "Days End".

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, docj said:

We acknowledge that you had a negative experience at the park and you are more than welcome to include it in your review, but it is unlikely that most other RVers will share that same bad experience.  Rather than have your review only contain information about that one experience, we asked you to include other comments about the park.  Were there things that you liked?  Were there other things that needed improvement?

As one who briefly did some volunteer work with the RV Park Reviews crew, but found I was spread far too thin to be able to fit in well with what is required of their volunteers, I can assure you that the staff work very hard and there are multiple layers of admin in an effort to always be both fair to the parks and to the customers. The key staff there are all unpaid volunteers, even more so than Escapees. Even though my experience as the staff was less than pleasant, it was only because I was not a good fit and I have only good things to say about the volunteers and the site. 

I have tried several other similar sites and to date have found none that match RV Park Reviews but continue to occasionally look to others.  Campendium is an interesting one and has some features that I like, but nobody I know of comes even close to the completeness of listings that RV Park Reviews has. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I also am a fan of RV Park Reviews. I quickly learned to read the review not just look at the rating since, as Al F said, what the reviewer values may not be what I value. But, the site itself is of great value in my opinion.

Linda Sand

I use RV Park Reviews extensively and have written my share of reviews for it. When I look at reviews, particularly bad ones, I look to see if someone simply had a bad individual experience and has ax to grind, or if the poor review is based on something more tangible that would be likely to impact my stay. And as with most web-based review sites, more reviews is better as they tend to average things out a bit.

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

When I look at RV Park Reviews (or any other review site) I discount the best and worst  reviews. You can never please everyone all the time. I try to look at the trend to get a feel for the park. If the majority of the reviews are positive I expect that I would have a positive experience; if negative I wouldn’t be surprised with a negative experience.

I use the same process in reviewing products on Amazon.

Dave

Dave

2008 Airstream 34’ Classic Trailer

Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins CTD

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 3:19 PM, sandsys said:

Linda Sand

Please provide a link where you best think the blog post links fit. I will gladly post there. For the record, I only posted the link. I did not post a lengthy blog entry. This in turn keeps bandwidth usage down for the site. 

As an Escapee member I thought I was entitled to post our experiences and of course I do it without bad language or at the expense of others.  

After all, I assume that we all want to share our experiences with other full timers?  Or, am I wrong?  From my perspective (and I don't wish to fan the fire any higher) this seems like a "Get off my Lawn" kinda thing.  

In the interest of camaraderie I will capitulate and move any further blog links to the correct thread.  

Archived