HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Ron, we are sad to hear your having medical issues. Get well soon!

Cathy and Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got to the ECR yesterday. It's going to be a great rally. So many old friends here that we haven't had time to talk to all of them yet.

2016 smart car

We arrived Kilgore, Tx this morning and dropped the truck off at Herrin's. The trip was uneventful until a jerk side swiped us while going through Dallas/Fort Worth and sped away. I was having a not for children conversion with my DW until we could exit the freeway. Absolutely no damage or marks. I'm thinking the jerk got close to our rear tire but there is no evidence other than seeing his molding flapping as he sped away.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

We arrived Kilgore, Tx this morning and dropped the truck off at Herrin's. The trip was uneventful until a jerk side swiped us while going through Dallas/Fort Worth and sped away. I was having a not for children conversion with my DW until we could exit the freeway. Absolutely no damage or marks. I'm thinking the jerk got close to our rear tire but there is no evidence other than seeing his molding flapping as he sped away.

Sad to think instead of just forward facing cameras, we need panoramic views all around the truck. Glad there was no damage to your Brand New Truck.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Sad to think instead of just forward facing cameras, we need panoramic views all around the truck. Glad there was no damage to your Brand New Truck.

Rod

Sad point is a camera would only let me see the Jerk instantaneously come across 2 lanes while he was checking his phone, distracted driver. I watched him in mirror, no time to react.

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Back in Tallahassee from the ECR. I 75 traffic a bit better, but won't be my choice of routes back to Iowa at the end of the month. There was an idiot kid who liked to just ride along in the center lane and when I passed him he would always speed up and sit where I couldn't pull back right. Don't know if I caught his truck on my traffic cam or not. Couldn't see his licence plate because the tail gate was down. The camera came partially unplugged from the power source so I know I missed the time he was a real jerk and slowed to 30 mph right in front of me. Grey Dodge 1500 Crew cab with children s toys in the bed with the gate open. I think the only thing that stopped what he apparently thought was great fun was my fuel and bladder distance. I was sort of wanting him to pull into the rest area, but didn't want to come back out and have to come up behind him again.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Left Retama this morning headed for Colorado. It will take us a couple of weeks to get there. We will stop outside Albuquerque for a week. Then get to Woodland Park around the 29th.

Tonight we are in DelRio, tomorrow night Lakewood or Trapark. Have not decided yet.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Enjoy the ride bud. Saw you guys pulling out this morning. Be safe, hey to Danielle and Poppies. Have a great summer and see you guys in Hutch.

Thanks, Bill. Stay healthy - see you in KS.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

HERE is where we were last night (Broke Mill/Del Rio TX)....great park for HDTer's - lot of space, easy maneuvering. Trey, an entry will be coming your way for the Campground Guide.

Edited by Jack Mayer

www.jackdanmayer.com

We finally get to leave Bullhead City on Saturday. From here we're heading to Albuquerque, up to Colorado Springs and Denver, and then on to Box Elder, SD. Maybe we'll cross paths along the way somewhere, Jack?

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

We finally get to leave Bullhead City on Saturday. From here we're heading to Albuquerque, up to Colorado Springs and Denver, and then on to Box Elder, SD. Maybe we'll cross paths along the way somewhere, Jack?

We are in ABQ until Sunday (at least). The will head towards Woodland Park. We "may" stay here longer, but if we leave Sunday will get to WP on Monday.

www.jackdanmayer.com

We are in ABQ until Sunday (at least). The will head towards Woodland Park. We "may" stay here longer, but if we leave Sunday will get to WP on Monday.

Looks like we'll miss each other in ABQ. We're staying for a couple of days in Colorado Springs, visiting friends before moving on to Denver to see some friends, he just had open heart surgery and is recovering in Denver.

Edited by Raquel

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

Our departure from here was delayed 3 weeks, so I was just looking last night about adjusting our schedule. I've only gotten to Colorado Springs on our "re-imagining", so far. We're on our way to Box Elder, SD to change our domicile and register to vote. I should know more in just a few days.

Trish & Raquel

--------

We're in Chanute, KS moving into our new to us 2014 DRV Mobile Suite Memphis. Staying in the city run RV park just down the street from the Kansas RV Center, the former NuWa factory. Nice folks there. We are very excited and will head up to see Mt. Rushmore before going to Montana for our summer gig.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

We left the most excellent ECR on Wednesday...thank you Donna and Carl! Spent the first night at Cabelas in Columbus Ohio so we would not have to drive secondary roads in the dark to final destination. That worked out really well. A nice walk past glorious cherry blossoms brought us to Mimi's Cafe for a very good breakfast. On the walk back we stocked up on provisions at Costco. Might have looked a bit suspicious, or indigent, crossing the street with the full cart going back to Cabelas parking lot, but I did have permission to remove cart from Costco if I brought it back. Then a little shopping in Cabelas...I HAD to repay their kindness for allowing us to boondock in their lot. They even have a pay ($10) dump station. The front of trailer would have been quite a bit higher than the rear, and it tilted to driver side, so I am not sure how well it would work with our drains if we had used it.

Now we are boondocking in FIL's driveway. It's the first time we tried extended period without shore power. Testing to see how long we can go without generator in poor solar charging conditions. Good so far after a couple days of poor solar.

Going to be here at least a couple weeks working on the to do list and then heading west and maybe Alaska.

Jim

2016 smart car

Our departure from here was delayed 3 weeks, so I was just looking last night about adjusting our schedule. I've only gotten to Colorado Springs on our "re-imagining", so far. We're on our way to Box Elder, SD to change our domicile and register to vote. I should know more in just a few days.

Raquel,

Hopefully you can work in the ECR. It would be nice to meet in person.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We rolled into Woodland Park, CO and the campground for the summer, today. If you are in the area this summer stop by for a visit....

www.jackdanmayer.com

We'll be wandering around out there around the end of the summer. How long do you stay at WP? Used to have some property up in Divide but gave it up after gambling was legalized.

Paul & Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

We'll be wandering around out there around the end of the summer. How long do you stay at WP? Used to have some property up in Divide but gave it up after gambling was legalized.

Paul & Paula

We are here until the first couple of days in Oct. We close the end of Sept. Then we head to the HDT Rally.

www.jackdanmayer.com