HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Well, we are sitting here in Woodland Park, Colorado, next to Jack, and happy to be away from Mission, Texas! :lol: The temp is 59.8 and may get to 81 today. Great to have the change! We were greeted by someone pulling up next to our rig while we were stocking up at the local Wallmart, and it was Jack with an invite to join him and Danielle for hamburgers! Now that's hospitality! We were greeted at the Park by hugs from Danielle and Jack as well, and then a storm rolled in while we were setting up. :lol: It was a good downpour and felt great. Enjoyed the burgers grilled by Jack and our getting caught up afterward. Looking forward to spending a few days here and then on to Summerland, BC. Really enjoy the truck and fiver :lol:

Edited by HERO Maker

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rocky, My truck is lonesome to see his Brother, or is it Sister?

Enjoy!

PressurePro working OK? Course I know it is, they always do!!:-)

Mike

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

PressurePro is working fine Mike. In fact, I trust it more than I do my new tire gauge!

You know, I haven't checked the gender of the truck yet. Not being a farmer type, maybe someone else knows where to look?

May see you when you get back from your trip out of the country.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

. . . and happy to be away from Mission, Texas! :lol: The temp is 59.8 and may get to 81 today. Great to have the change!

Come on, Rocky, you know that you miss it here! :lol:

They happened to mention on the ten o'clock news that the average daily high here this month has been 103°. How could you not want to get back to that ASAP?

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

What is with this "leaving" the country bit???? Last time I looked, Glacier National Park was in Montana. Now I thought that was still the good ole USA. Did I miss something? Even the"road to the Sun" looks like its all in the USA......

Well I think my truck is a male. its has a good disposition, isn't moody and always quite co-operative. Thats the only way I know to tell....By its actions!!!:-0

UhOh, I'm gona "catch" it now!!! Probably have my pc taken away for a week!!

Take care...

Mike

PS. PressurePro is more accurate than most gages......

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

OH! I guess it is us who are going to be out of the country. About 2 1/2 weeks in Summerland / Calgary. Then a stop in Gooding Idaho (I think that's in the US) and then headed your way if there is a spot. I will pm you when I get closer to predicting when we might be there. This new guy travel stuff is different but fun. Still trying to learn how long it takes to get somewhere.

Oh Phil, it's just like Heaven. I know it's going to be great when I get to Mission, I'm just not ready to go there right now! :lol:

Bless you guys,

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

Rocky and Sheri now have an RV spot.....they were boondocking for 2 days in our storage and workshop area.....

Rocky built a computer workstation/slide like mine yesterday. Moved the CB elsewhere. Today he should be remounting the Pressurepro to the overhead console. He wants to do touristy stuff....but I told him the truck comes first....:angry: We will see if he believes me <_<

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

OK. First thing this morning I finished relocating the PressurePro monitor to the overhead position. I will like it a lot better there.

The new laptop table (Jack design with a little Rocky modify) looks great and was easy to build. Of course I had the supervisor there to guide me, but you can do it very easily.

We will enjoy our "day off" tomorrow and head out Monday.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry

Guest hjsdds

We moved Kechup and the A1 from the side lawn last Thursday (anticipated house closing Friday) and are now set up in the Mill Brook RV Park in Kingston, NH. Have the same spot that Mark and Diane (DIY Guy) occupied last year, and plan to stay at least a month. House closing now is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow (Wed the 29th at 3 pm).

Henry leaves Monday (our 40th anniversary!!) to fly to Reno with a new HDT'er (Frank). They will pick up the Volvo 610 and Royals that he and his wife just purchased and do a training drive back to MA. We met them when they came over for a visit a couple weeks ago and are excited about their new RVing adventure. Rumor has it that they will probably stop in and spend a night or so with Jack and Danielle. dds

We moved Kechup and the A1 from the side lawn last Thursday (anticipated house closing Friday) and are now set up in the Mill Brook RV Park in Kingston, NH. Have the same spot that Mark and Diane (DIY Guy) occupied last year, and plan to stay at least a month. House closing now is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow (Wed the 29th at 3 pm).

We know the spot, enjoy. Hopefully as the time has passed, hopefully you can celebrate the next stage of living. If your joy is like ours, it will be very good! Best wishes for the lovely days ahead,

Dorcas & dan

Dorcas & Dan
Retired in North Metro Denver

Guest hjsdds

Dan and Dorcas! We're enjoying the site along with the Canada geese, yellow finches, hummingbirds and frogs! ! My son and I finished moving my DH STUFF tonight. That storage bin is getting a little tight! Closing is definitely tomorrow and I have a power of attorney from the traveling one , so I know it will happen!! Safe and happy travels! DDS

Come on Rocky, you can tell the sex quick, clue--Look at the wheels. lol Sounds like you are having a great time in Colorado and making the Teton and truck"HOME". Enjoy, it dont get much better than that. Gene and Ann

2013 Entegra

45 ft. Anthem DLQ

2012 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4X4 EconoBoost

http://community.web...om/user/gben101

http://bensoneducation.com

We made it to Thief River Falls, Minnesota on Tuesday, and will be here until next Tuesday, when it's time to move on to Joliette, North Dakota, until January or so.

I missed the Kenworth even more than I thought I would, and its old, worn out, 652k mile Bostrom air ride driver's seat in particular. My ass and back are still pissed off at me for making them ride 1850+ miles over three and a half days in that GMC pickup seat. :D

Edited by Phil D

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

We made it to Thief River Falls, Minnesota on Tuesday

Wow, I thought I was one of the few that knows about Thief River Falls, MN. I don't hear that town's name too often, anymore.

My grandparents homesteaded a little away from there over 100 years ago outside of Roseau, MN. The stories I heard growing up included stories about trips to the "big city" of Thief River Falls.

Oh well, that's the past. Please wave "hi" to the countryside for this fellow SKP. Thanks.

Edited by garthg

Garth & Debbie

SKP #70431

We are in Cheyanne Mountain State park in Co. Springs for a few days befor heading for Wyoming. This is a really nice park w/large spaces, laundry and full hookups. 2 years old.

Regards

John & Michal

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

We came THIS CLOSE to being in Thief River Falls (I just LOVE the name!) a couple weeks back. We spent almost 5 weeks total in Minnesota, and needed to head to Montana for a week of camping with the grandkids before school starts, so we skipped the Falls this time. It's on my to-do list for next time we're in the state, though.

Currently in Bismarck, ND, seeing some of the Lewis & Clark sites, until Tuesday. Heading towards a great little national forest campground south of Bozeman for the grandkid time.

Renee & Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

We came THIS CLOSE to being in Thief River Falls (I just LOVE the name!) a couple weeks back. We spent almost 5 weeks total in Minnesota, and needed to head to Montana for a week of camping with the grandkids before school starts, so we skipped the Falls this time. It's on my to-do list for next time we're in the state, though.

Currently in Bismarck, ND, seeing some of the Lewis & Clark sites, until Tuesday. Heading towards a great little national forest campground south of Bozeman for the grandkid time.

Renee & Dave

Will be in Bismarck on the 20th for ND state HOG rally. Information on camp grounds would be helpful.

thanks Dan

Dan

Newmar X-Aire Toyhauler

2000 610 Volvo

2000 CVO RoadGlide

Dan -- We're actually about 9 miles east of Bismarck (exit 170 off I-94). Little RV park called A Prairie Breeze. The hosts are super-nice, the place is very clean with approx 85' pull-thrus (we're 81 ft front of Volvo to back of Jeep, and we had room to pull the truck up a few feet after unhooking). Approx 40 total sites, not all have sewer, but I'd guess over half do. We don't mind the extra miles getting into town, and prefer parks "out" a little ways from the nearest population center. $110 for the week for full hook-ups isn't too shabby!

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Please wave "hi" to the countryside for this fellow SKP. Thanks.

Consider it done, Garth.

I'll be moving up to my work assignment, which is based near Pembina, ND, tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll get down here to the "big city" of TRF any more or not.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

ET Air Hitch

We are on the road and heading back east to Nova Scotia from Alberta. Hopefully hook up with Dieselpuller in Swift Current, so he can check out my ET hitch.

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

On the road again leaving Canmore, Alberta, Canada in a couple of hours headed for Gooding, Idaho. Will be there by the end of the week. Getting used to this stuff!

We just pulled into Canmore last night. Spring Creek Mt. Village. Daughter flying in Sat. for 5 days in all this beauty. The parks are pricey, stopping in them a $20.00 a day is pricey too. But the price of beauty is a good bargain.

Hope you enjoyed your time as we are enjoying ours.

Stay well and stay happy,

dan

Dorcas & Dan
Retired in North Metro Denver

As usual with us, we stayed too few nights as we were all over BC and AB in 2.5 weeks. Both times in that area, we stayed at Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court in Banff, and it was really nice. Yes, I believe it was $23 per night (Canadian) but they gave us their normal pull through sites for two! I know your rig is long (hopefully I will get to see you at the rally), but instead of 2 rigs in this site, you get the whole thing. Also nice, was the 3 point (6 in some parts) Buck Deer that was checking out the truck and fiver. Walked right between the two while I was cleaning windows 10 feet away.

Don't miss the ride to the top in banff. More than a nights stay per person, but worth the view. Also check out the Clark's Nutcracker birds on the edge of the overlook deck. Eat out of your hand.

Have fun. We will be headed East towards SD next Monday'/Tuesday.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
HERO Makers Ministry