Campendium.com looks like it is gone. Another great camping info website gone.

Al F

Campendium.com looks like it is gone. Another great camping info website gone.  It has been taken over by something called Roadtrippers.com.  Roadtrippers is not nearly as useful or user friendly as Campendium was. 

While I do make extensive use of the Escapees Daysenddirectory.com website, I use other websites as well.  Oh, well, things change. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

LivingOurDreamNow Channel on YT predicted this a few months ago and was unhappy about the purge of the Campedium staff that went with it. He really did not like the new bunch. The bad drives out the good. I was almost about to join Campedium when I heard this news and put it off.

6 hours ago, Danfreda1 said:

Never liked campendium. Always used Allstays 

Campendium over Allstays for me. Especially when Allstays got rid of the Android app.

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Yes the website campendium.com is still there.  However the map section is gone (perhaps to come back or maybe not) and it looks like the website is going to be merged into roadtrippers.com.  At least looking at roadtrippers.com it sounds like they are going to get rid of campendium. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

The maps will return......

"Pardon the dust. Changes are underway.

Some of your favorite Campendium features are now available on Roadtrippers. Campendium maps are temporarily unavailable during this transition but will be returning soon! When the dust settles, you can choose between an all-in-one planning experience on Roadtrippers or streamlined campsite discovery on Campendium.com."

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

While you are still going to need an app that covers the smaller non commercial campgrounds that RV life Trip Wizard doesn't cover, they do have user reviews as well as useful information on cell coverage.  If you know the name of the campground or nearby town, the Trip Wizard search will often find the location even though it doesn't show up on the map.  It can be added to your trip as a custom stop.  You can also enter a stop using its coordinates.

I still miss Delorme's Street Atlas, but Trip Wizard is about as close as you can get.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys