HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We are in PHX (well, Tempe-Elks campground) the next few weeks -- getting dental implants (4?), finally,,, having paid for them back in '07. SOLD the Calif. house 10/06, closed 10/28, did a whirlwind of "spring cleaning" (ie, 22 yrs of stuff!).

Will go back to Calif for December holidays.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best laid plans of mice and men.....sometimes go to s___t

Illness hit me while in VA and it took almost a week to recover...pretty sure it was pump problems (the one that circulates my blood)

So..we decided to turn around and head back home.

I feel great now, but then the truck decided to have an ABS valve issue last night right at the fuel pumps. Called in the mechanic...simple fix...but can't get the part til Monday. So here we sit at a truck stop on I84 until tomorrow.

Just another adventure.....things could have turned out alot worse in alot of ways.

Been a heck of a week.

Mike

Sorry to hear about your problems, but hope you are OK. If you need a rest stop en route we are at exit 12a off I 89 Springfield NH. If you went I-91 N we are about 20 miles east from the Lebanon NH exit on I-91. Safe trip. Davena

Sorry to hear about your problems, but hope you are OK. If you need a rest stop en route we are at exit 12a off I 89 Springfield NH. If you went I-91 N we are about 20 miles east from the Lebanon NH exit on I-91. Safe trip. Davena

Thank you so much Davena, that was very kind of you. I was actually thinking of you and Henry as a pit stop if things got worse. I'm going to start a new thread and tell the story of how things went down and hopefully save a life someday by someone learning from my mistake (stupidity)

We are home now safe and sound.

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Got back to Yuma yesterday morning -- settling in for the winter (mostly) with a few side trips. Have already touched base with Smokey & Pam, and some ex-HDTers are either here already or heading this way in a few weeks.

Anybody passing through or staying for the winter, we'd love to see you! We're in the Foothills again this year...

Looking forward to the first Yuma 4x4 run that we'll be here for in a couple weeks...

Renee & Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Bonnie and I are in Gulf Shores, Alabama till the 18th of November at Gulf Breeze RV Resort visiting with friends. Talked about leaving with the upcoming hurricane (Ida) but we decided to add a hurricane to our bucket list. See you in Retama Village on the 20th.

Gail & Bonnie Quinn (Full-timing since July 18, 2004)

2001 Volvo 610 autoshift (Ultimate V Rod) 465 HP, 1650 Torque, 3:42 gears with air locker, pictures of build can be seen @ http://community.web...theeskimogquinn

2010 New Horizons 45' custom Majestic, pictures of construction can be seen @ http://picasaweb.goo...com/gailquinn48

2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI, 100 HP, 118 Torque; Blog of 2007 Alaska trip @ http://quinntheeskim...nn.blogspot.com

2013 Smart Passion fortwo coupe

Gail, we will be in Summerdale next Sunday. I'll look you up sometime the following week.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 4 weeks later...

We arrived back in the RGV to receive groups for trips south of the border to work on projects at orphanages. Looking forward to seeing friends from last season and introducing the needs of the children at risk to anyone interested.

Bless y'all.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I'm in Junction City, KS at the Horizons factory - working on my rig. Yes, they are actually letting me help build it.... I am just here for this week. Been working on the BluDot and "all things electrical". Pretty interesting, actually. But the 6am start time is not good :angry:

Danielle and Poppy are in AL with the rig. I'm living in the truck in the parking lot (with power). Shower down the block at the truck stop.

Edited by Jack Mayer

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack if I can do anything let me know ...when will you take delivery ....?? Jim

I'm in Junction City, KS at the Horizons factory - working on my rig. Yes, they are actually letting me help build it.... I am just here for this week. Been working on the BluDot and "all things electrical". Pretty interesting, actually. But the 6am start time is not good :)

Danielle and Poppy are in AL with the rig. I'm living in the truck in the parking lot (with power). Shower down the block at the truck stop.

Jim&Hazel,03 Volvo 610,425hp,10sp Autoshift,Eaton 3:90 rear,24.5Alum,184"wb,ET jr/air hitch,SafVis Cams4,XM,Press/Pro,Garmin2720,CB,Rally Sport/TS,Bigfoot Levelers,03Roadking,02Dyna Lowrider,Golden Ret in spirit,Choc Lab(Trash)..Herrin Hauler Bed..Toyota FJ ...SKP# 95463 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2901871210078354682lLxYIz .Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez ....

I'm in Junction City, KS at the Horizons factory - working on my rig. Yes, they are actually letting me help build it.... I am just here for this week. Been working on the BluDot and "all things electrical". Pretty interesting, actually. But the 6am start time is not good :(

Jack: a quick look at weather in Junction City indicates temps in the low teens...betcha you wish Poppy was with you to keep you warm. Might even be a three dog night. ;)

Not all who wander are lost...but, odds are a few of us must be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11080131@N03/

Headed back to AL.....Last night was mid-teens but the truck started easily in the morning, and I had a ceramic heater overnight....no cold issues. Did OVER 500 miles today. 500+ tomorrow will get me back to warm weather.... :lol:

www.jackdanmayer.com

Yeah, good luck with that! 48 right now here in mission, supposed to get to 36 on Saterday morning.

Warmer than KS, but not exactly warm!

In Oakley KS.

9* this morning with it getting back down there tonight. House is nice and warm but the Wild Cargo set out back in the cold. Burr!!!

Edited by Still Working

Larry & Billie

'98 Volvo 610, "HD Mule"

2010 Excel Wild Cargo SKM

A. J., the guard dog

Sadie, Mistress

http://community.webshots.com/user/stillworking100

Got back to AL after a second day of 500+ miles. Slept in a WalMart the second road night - it got down to 21*F....truck was kinda cold in the morning!! Good thing I had a good sleeping bag.

SUre is nice cruising bobtail in this truck....especially with the nice seats I have.

www.jackdanmayer.com

• 3 weeks later...

Got to Retama finally. Nice and warm...in the upper 70's the last two days. I don't know what all the gripping from the people that have been here for awhile about the cold is....I think it is nice and toasty here. :rolleyes:

www.jackdanmayer.com

We're right behind you, Jack. See you tomorrow!

Oh yeah . . . it's going to feel toasty to us down there, no matter what happens with the weather.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

From The Woodlands/Conroe, TX. First, I think Jack is suffering from the lack of snow.

About a week ago, when I looked behind the truck traveling from East Hou to 30 mi. North, there was a police type vehicle with lights on, passed me, since I was driving legal and turned right at the first signal light. Since I did nothing wrong I continued. Immediately, he reappeared, at the next signal he offered turn signals and a hand out the window pointed me to the right. When he and I both got out, he had a funny look on his face and asked me who I was. Answer 1. was my name, answer 2. was I'm an Escapee, answer 3. was dandy2! Smiles all around. He too is an Escapee, and likely to be FT in another 3 years. So, if you are in the Houston region, see a vehicle behind you with lights a flashing - - - Smile, you may have met a wonderful person who is an Escapee! I will leave it to him to identify himself.

Life is a wonderful adventure,

dan

Dorcas & Dan
Retired in North Metro Denver

We're in Roswell, NM this AM. Headed for Tucson, but there is snow between here and Las Cruces today so we will sit tight for a day. Forecast says sunny and 50 degrees tomorrow.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

We are in Retama, trying to figure out what all the hoopla is about. Been here since Christmas day and the weather is COLD and RAINY, just plain LOUSY since we arrived, LOL, guess it will improve MAYBE. Seriously, this is a great park with very nice lots. Currently squatting on one of Jack's lots and it is REALLY nice. Just would like for the weather to at least ACT like it is south Texas instead of the cold north somewhere. Oh, well, had 10-14 inches of snow and 65 mph winds at home the morning after we left, so guess it is not so bad here after all. Gene :P

2013 Entegra

45 ft. Anthem DLQ

2012 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4X4 EconoBoost

http://community.web...om/user/gben101

http://bensoneducation.com

Yeah, Gene, this weather really stinks....but it should be nice in the next couple of days....

www.jackdanmayer.com

Oh, well, had 10-14 inches of snow and 65 mph winds at home the morning after we left, so guess it is not so bad here after all. Gene :rolleyes:

We were wondering if you guys got out before the storm. Its been mostly high 60's and low 70's here in Yuma with no rain since we got here. Headed up to Quartzsite around the 10th for the RV show and a little offroading for a couple of weeks then back down here.

Happy New Year to all.

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel