HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Well, Robert, the "bribe is sure tempting, but with the kids and your age you definitely violate the Covenants..... :blink:

What a bummer, we would love to see you guys. However, you CAN stay next door in Bentsen Palm, and it is quite nice. Rocky and Sheri stay over there so you would not be "alone". Come and play with us as much as you want.....

Bentsen Palm was our fall back(if their not full). We have some good friends who stayed there for a winter and spoke highly of the park.

I can still bring a flag if you would like. Just need sizes.

Edited by Just Enough

Robert, Kim, Timmy & Kelsey (kids) Kasey (dog)

2001 Volvo 770 450HP Cummins ISX ST 1450/1650 Gen2 Autoshift .73OD and 3.42 rears.

1999 40' Travel Supreme two bedroom

Motosat Datastorm F1 DW7000 Primary

Blackberry Storm Tethered to MBR-1000 Back-up

http://community.webshots.com/user/timkelco

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I take you made it the "Village of the Discriminatory Old Dudes" ? (Notice there is NO reference to the young ladies accompanying the "Old Dudes, as

I have no wish to even begin to delve in the myriad of commentary that would ensue from such an atrocity. :D )

Do NOT send me a PM, Cliick HERE to email me!

In considering a truck like that you need to ask yourself just how much you enjoy meeting new people, such as tow truck drivers and heavy truck mechanics?

Or perhaps, enjoying the great outdoors, like the side of the road while waiting to meet those exciting people?

So I take you made it the "Village of the Discriminatory Old Dudes" ? (Notice there is NO reference to the young ladies accompanying the "Old Dudes, as

I have no wish to even begin to delve in the myriad of commentary that would ensue from such an atrocity. :D )

We are planning to visit with Gene McCall Thursday afternoon with Art and Caroline Fennell. May spend the night and leave for Retama Friday, see how things go. The shortest route from here to there is ???? We have a rattle in the front end ?? so we're avoiding bumpy roads as much as possible till we can have it checked out. Looking forward to seeing ya'all ! By the way, Jay and Vicki are here and we spent the day in Palomas. Jay and Henry are still doing their truck design thing as we speak. D

Edited by hjsdds

Henry,

You can check my Blog for the best route from Deming to Retama Village. We just came up that way and heve done that road for years and years, its a good road and not much traffic.

Try this: http://mikepatstravels.blogspot.com/2009/0...road-again.html

Just take hwy 90 South out of Van Horn to Del Rio...........Easy trip from Deming to the boondock spot I mention, then another easy day on to Mission.

Tell Ole Gene and Pat McCall "hello" from us. We used to go there to his place all the time. he was real sick for a while. Hope he is doing better....

have a good trip!

Mike

Mike & Pat McFall SKP # 40224

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

2005 Teton 45' Grand Reliance

PressurePro Tire Monitor Dealer

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

We are planning to visit with Gene McCall Thursday afternoon with Art and Caroline Fennell. May spend the night and leave for Retama Friday, see how things go. The shortest route from here to there is ???? We have a rattle in the front end ?? so we're avoiding bumpy roads as much as possible till we can have it checked out. Looking forward to seeing ya'all ! By the way, Jay and Vicki are here and we spent the day in Palomas. Jay and Henry are still doing their truck design thing as we speak. D

Davena & Henry: If you are visiting the McCalls in Columbus, I'm sure they'll point you to El Paso on Hwy 9 instead of going back up to Deming and I-10. Hwy 9 is a real smooth two lane blacktop on which you may see only Border Patrol vehicles. Say hello to Gene & Pat for LaVila & me. Travel safe and we look forward to seeing you when you get to the Valley.

Not all who wander are lost...but, odds are a few of us must be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11080131@N03/

Will be leaving Fredericksburg, TX Sunday AM and heading west on I-10 for Tucson, Las Vegas and the CA central coast. Figure on being in CA about 3/15. Gots to go see the kids and grandkids for the first time in 3 yrs.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

We are in New Orleans, LA. Jack we finally have the amplifier and antenna installed correctly, and it is great.

Henry, I'm not sure if you received my email, about the light on the rear of your cab, if not I will resend.

Margie and I really enjoyed Mardi Gras, for the last time for a while. After we are finished here with Dr. appointments and parades, we are heading west, then North to Alaska, maybe by next summer. We love this retirement thing, we were in FL for over 5 months.

GREAT COOKIN'

Margie, The Chef & Calvin (Dalmatian)

you eat to live, WE LIVE TO EAT

2000 Volvo 770 "NO FireDog"

2006 Hitchiker Champagne 38 LK

2003 Heritage Softail Classic "Brutus"

2007 Yahama 400cc "Hi-Ho"

SKP#97959

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/23543...033436899TkRHUX

Hey Jim/Val , Henry/Cindy and Diana/myself are leaving Yuma Sunday 3/8 for a few days offroading in Qsite area, then North of Parker for another 4-5 days off roading , then on up to Davis Camp in Bullhead for 4-5 days. Lets us know if you will be anywhere near. We would love to see you folks again.

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

Hey Jim/Val , Henry/Cindy and Diana/myself are leaving Yuma Sunday 3/8 for a few days offroading in Qsite area, then North of Parker for another 4-5 days off roading , then on up to Davis Camp in Bullhead for 4-5 days. Lets us know if you will be anywhere near. We would love to see you folks again.

Hey Bob ,

Welcome to the warm AZ. days.

Do you know where you'll park when north of Parker?

I meant you a couple yrs back when you were boondocking near Lake Havasu race track.

Anyway if you want some company 4 wheel'in, give me a pm or call (928-864-6953)

I just bought a 72' fj40 and would enjoy getting out

however I don't want to go out there all alone.

Have fun and be safe

Rdub

38' 1996 Alfa Gold

FREE MASON Home Blue Lodge #64/Lake Havasu, AZ.

who said? "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Hey Rub a dub,,,,,,,I been wondering what happened to you........Come on over here to North Ranch SKP park at Congress. We have thousands of miles of trails at our disposal right out our back yards........

Mike

PS...my son lives in LH, he is a Federal Agent and his wife is a RN.

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

Ron we will be at a place called "The Steps" boondocking, We plan on doing a Jeep trip out for a burger and a beer at that little place in the desert on the Jeep trail, will probably be in the area for 4-5 days. I will PM you when we get up there. Yes, I remember you from your visit when we were up there a couple of years back for the Pyro show. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Edited by Bob Speckman

Bob

Country Coach Intrigue Motorhome
Harley Heritage Softail
Jeep TJ
Travel Supreme 34FKTSO 5th Wheel

Hey Rub a dub,,,,,,,I been wondering what happened to you........Come on over here to North Ranch SKP park at Congress. We have thousands of miles of trails at our disposal right out our back yards........

Mike

PS...my son lives in LH, he is a Federal Agent and his wife is a RN.

Hi Mike, I'm getting ready (Apr or May) to move our 5er up to Voyager at Juniper Ridge in Slow Low.

We are buying Chris and Stans lot #469 and plan to leave the rig there year round.

AliceMae is going to love the park as she can ride her electric wheelchair all over the place.

I'll be scouting out my new hunting areas in my Land Crusier.

Would like to stop in and meet you in Congress.

Later RW

P.S. I still have the Pressure Pro system in the box you shipped it in. Know of a buyer?

Edited by RW

38' 1996 Alfa Gold

FREE MASON Home Blue Lodge #64/Lake Havasu, AZ.

who said? "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Stop on over Robert, I'll be here until May 1st. I'm glad your getting out to a park....

Suggest putting your PressurePro system on For Sale section, you'll get a buyer. I get a call every once in a while for a used system, but not often. However I don't handle anything but NEW Latest MODEL's.........

Take care!

Mike

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift

PressurePro System

Mike and Pat's Travels

Tripod Website

Well we headed out of Montana on Thursday. Made it about 150mi then stopped in a rest area for replacing the pins on the towbar and

a light duty welding repair to my bumper from a previous mishap. Then traveled on to Albany,MN to spend the night. Almost made 590mi

for the day.

Friday we left Albany,MN and made it almost out of the Twin cities when our accident occurred, we then drove on to Tuscola, IL making a little over

620mi for the day.

Today we are having a "Jack" day we gathered up out FL112 and 5er in Tuscola and made it to Benton, IL making a whopping 142mi for today.

We now have some "Plumbing" issues with the 5er so we are enjoying another "Suite" night.

Tomorrow we will make it to the I-24 campground in Smyrna, TN where we will stay for 1 month and I have a long honey-do list on our 5er

to take care of BEFORE the DW will let me work.

Do NOT send me a PM, Cliick HERE to email me!

In considering a truck like that you need to ask yourself just how much you enjoy meeting new people, such as tow truck drivers and heavy truck mechanics?

Or perhaps, enjoying the great outdoors, like the side of the road while waiting to meet those exciting people?

Henry,

I'm located a few miles from where Michael is currently camped out.

Mary and I have got to take the grandson and daughter out for pizza for his birthday at 6:30 tonight but if your in the area say after 8:30 PM tonight and want some additional company or can't get ahold of Michael give me a shout "" and I'll treat you and your DW plus Michael and his DW if you contact them to a cup of Joe or a beer or two if you like.

I can also set you up with a place to stay in front of a friends shop for free overnight "water only" near the house if you like.

I'll be heading out in a few so you will have to contact me at the phone # above if you like as I won't be back home till later on tonight.

That is All......

Edited by 5th_Wheeler
phone number

Jon
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . JonMary-ImprintMTShadow.jpg
. . 
Bodacious "aKa" BigBig ~ 2000 Turquoise Metallic VNL770
.  2003 6.0L C.C. DRW F-350. .    Dang Kid's - & - Their Toys. .                                1998 34' Citation Fifth Wheel

339121917.jpg

Margie and Chef. We are on I 10 headed to Hogryders for tomorrow am. Almost to Lafayette. If you see this give us a call! Henry and Davena 3:15 pm

We have been busy with Medical tests. Friday I'm having an angiogram, maybe we can get together saturday.

cell 469-579-8471. Or PM me

GREAT COOKIN'

Margie, The Chef & Calvin (Dalmatian)

you eat to live, WE LIVE TO EAT

2000 Volvo 770 "NO FireDog"

2006 Hitchiker Champagne 38 LK

2003 Heritage Softail Classic "Brutus"

2007 Yahama 400cc "Hi-Ho"

SKP#97959

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/23543...033436899TkRHUX

Leaving Las Vegas tomorrow. 3/16 for CA and I have to remember to slow down to 55 at the border as I don't want to incite the CHP into any contests. Sure don't like going there but have to see the kids and kidlets every couple of yrs.

Figure to be in or around San Luis Obispo and Vacaville area for about a week each place and a couple of days in the Fresno area if we can find a place to park.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

In San Luis Obispo,CA till the morning of 3/26 when we will head for Fresno for a few days and Vacaville for another 3-4 days. Plans are pretty much cast in jello right now so don't have an exact date when we will head north.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Left SLO this AM and wound up here at the Elks Lodge in Fresno, CA. Will be here for two nites and then head up to Vacaville, Neil's Vineyard, for a week. Just about done with the visiting kids and then North to RC.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

At Neil' Vineyard in Vacaville, CA until 4/7. Not too bad a park, a wee bit old but livable. Eucalptus trees made for an interesting set up of satellite dishes but I overcame the green leaves.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Guest hjsdds
At Neil' Vineyard in Vacaville, CA until 4/7. Not too bad a park, a wee bit old but livable. Eucalptus trees made for an interesting set up of satellite dishes but I overcame the green leaves.

Cancel

Edited by hjsdds

On the road again this AM. Leaving Vacaville, CA and heading east on I-80 thru Sacramento, REno and points EASt. Just watching the weather along the I-80 & I-90 corridors. Too early to be going back into the Black Hills but someone has to be first I guess.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396