Ya'll are not going to believe this......

Vegas Teacher

O.K..........

So you won't believe this, those of you who have been following my posts as of late......

Well my plans were to leave tomorrow morning, Tuesday May 31, at about 5:00 a.m. I would have gone and picked up my semi, from storage, about 2 hours ago and been cleaning it and packing right now. This morning, Monday May 30, I got a call from my mom. She was in tears, my 72 year old dad, came down with Covid, over the weekend. So I am not going to leave Vegas and get Covid myself. I told my mom not to worry and we would post pone the trip for a couple of weeks. My dad is getting something from the hospital called rapid infusion treatment. They have both had 2 covid shots plus one booster and were up for booster number 2 or covid shot #4 this week. They had appointments to go get them. My mom is asymptomatic right now. I told her to get tested every day and if on her scheduled appointment she does not have and + reports to get the shot but to avoid my dad if she could. That shouldn't be hard in a 3500 SQ FT house with three full bathrooms and 4 bedrooms and of course no kids living there now.

Part of my trip home was to see Jack Mayer over in Dennis Kansas at RVH lifestyles to have him do my bed on the 780. I called him after getting off of the phone with my mom and he said it was not a problem at all and we would go over everything when I got here. I have to give him so much credit, he is a great guy and wished my family the best of luck in getting better, not sure how many business men would do the same?

I am one of those people who think everything happens for a reason. There is probably a reason I am not getting on the road on Tuesday morning. I know Thunderstorms are forecasted along my route on I40, I44 and 69 into Pittsburg Kansas. Maybe somebody up above is looking out for me. With school being out this gives me time to get behind the wheel of the truck again for some more seat time. I had my injector cups worked on, fuses replaced for the fuel gauges (now it have an accurate reading on how much gas I have in the tank) and my coolant reservoir flushed with new coolant added.

My biggest concern is that my father gets well. This covid stuff really scares me for older people.

Hope I see you all at a Rally some day, I would like to meet all of the good people on the forum!

Later,

Cory Ossana - Vegas Teacher

It's a good thing you found out BEFORE you were almost there. Seniors ARE at higher risk, ESPECIALLY if they have "co-morbidities" (diabetes, asthma, obesity etc) which are SO common in todays world of "adulterated" foods. I believe that Big Pharma is working hand in hand with Big Agra to keep the population diseased (that were NOT common 50+ years ago). Prayers for you and your family. 

I hope for your family sake that your dad gets better soon, and mom stays safe and keeps her distance from your dad, your trip will eventually happen, their health and well-being is more important right now. Keep us posted and prayers for your mom & dad.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Cory

I hope your Dad gets well soon and you Mom stays healthy. When my parents were alive I had my Dad an Mom in the hospital  at the same time. NOT FUN. I had my fifth wheel sold and the guy got covid.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

On 5/31/2022 at 8:42 AM, DJohns said:

Cory

I hope your Dad gets well soon and you Mom stays healthy. When my parents were alive I had my Dad an Mom in the hospital  at the same time. NOT FUN. I had my fifth wheel sold and the guy got covid.

My Dad and Mon had adjoining ro9ms at the nursing home and died exactly 2 weeks apart to the day.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

2 minutes ago, Twotoes said:

My Dad and Mon had adjoining ro9ms at the nursing home and died exactly 2 weeks apart to the day.

I'm sorry for your loss.

In our care center there was a couple with adjoining rooms. They put both beds in one room and the chairs in the other room to be a lounge. That's how to live out your last days as a long-married couple.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

My dad went back to work after getting rapid infusion shots. My mom is not showing signs or symptoms.  My dad is really worn out but recovering.  Wel it is kind of neat, I will be with my dad now on Father's Day!

So our new time table is leave on Monday June 13, fly back to Vegas on June 22.

Thanks to all that sent me good messages and thoughts. My dad us going to make it through!

Later,

Cory Ossana