GOOD BYE TO MR. SEAS. GOOD BYE TO AN HDT'er.

Refuzn-To-Grow-Up

Mr.  Seas (Scott) has passed away.  Scott was a frequent poster on this forum.

His wife is selling their 2012 NuWa Hitchhiker 38LKRSB Champagne.  Go to the for sale section for more details.

Scott was my "go to geek" for Volvo and RV issues.  For those who do not know, Mr. Seas, along with Chad, organized the first West Coast HDT Rally.  As Scott was fond of saying, "The rally was AWESOME."

I went to the first West Coast Rally.  You may not remember me, but you may remember my three bird dogs, Rusty, Sadie and Abby.  Rusty and Sadie were liver and white English Springer Spaniels.  Abby is an English Setter.  Sadly, Rusty and Sadie got into baited poison and died.  Abby, although getting old, is still fond of hunting birds.

Scott was a good friend of mine.  I will miss Scott.  I met Scott through this forum.  I was struggling with the decision to buy an HDT.  He drove his "Big Boy" to my home to let me and the wife inspect it.  BTW, the nicknameI Big Boy is from the steam locomotive named Big Boy.  When the fully restored Big Boy was passing through California, Scott and I drove out to see it.  This fully restored fire breathing, steam hissing monster machine was AWESOME to see up close.

Good Bye Mr. Seas.

Safe travels to all.   

Good to hear from you Jim.  Scott will be missed.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Very sorry for your loss. I remember reading many post's by "Mr. Seas", but never had the privilege to meet him in person.  May he rest in peace. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Had the pleasure of meeting Scott several years ago.  May he RIP.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We were very fortunate to meet and socialize with Scott at few WCR's. So sorry to hear about this our condolences to his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-loving-memory-of-scott-almquist

Edited by RickS
New Info

Scott's Big Boy is back on the road again, traveling to new places.  

We  just got back from a three-week trip in gold prospecting country.  It was below freezing and windy almost every day.  I did not venture into the mountains that I love so much.  Locals said when it rains, the rain freezes on the dirt roads.  Then, when it snows, the snow covers up the ice.  People think that they are snow, but they are on ice . . . and off the road into the ravine they go.  Not my idea of fun and adventure.

Some day, we hope to make it back to the West Coast HDT Rally.  

RIP Scott.  He was instrumental in getting my wife to "buy off" on the idea of an HDT, during the 1st W Coast Rally.

We knew he was having health issues.  Praying his family and loved ones weather the wave of emotions during this trying time.

Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young" seems very appropriate for this exceptional HDT'er!

Brad

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

Howdy All,

Condolences to the family and wishing smooth sailing to Mr. Seas, on his present course.  I remember Scott from the first WCR fine fellow he was.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

"Mrs Seas" here Responding to an earlier ask about his illness.  It was very unexpected and quick.  My advice to all is to make sure you have all affairs in order.  Make sure your spouse knows all the key passwords to accounts and is listed as FULL access to make changes on any account (utility, bills, banks, etc).  They should also be well informed on the operation of your truck, trailer, and toys.   I was fortunate to have a lot of this but there were still quite a few challenges since we were not prepared for him to be gone so fast. 

This came out of nowhere and took us quite by surprise.  We went on our last trip in the HDT and RV in January of last year.  He drove, and even took a side trip by himself for a few days, which we found out later he should not have done.  We discovered in February that he had a very advanced and aggressive brain cancer (glioblastoma).  He died in late April. 

Life is short and unpredictable.  Enjoy it while you can!