Visible Phone Service

Since no one has answered up yet, I have had Visible for 15-18 months, always trying to keep at the 25.00 rate. My comments probably won't help much but I use it only if our primary T mobile phones are not available. It has come in handy where T mobile will not work for both cell coverage and Data streaming. 

Having it at 25 a month is worth it to us as I'm sure many others do the same.  I probably shou l d use it more than I do.

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

If you search RV forums there are lots of comments about Visible.   I had it for ~6 months.  It's like many other low priority cellular services--the service can vary from very good to awful on a moment to moment basis or location to location. If you don't need a 24/7 high speed connection, Visible probably will work for you.  One of the reason I decided against it was that I like to combine my cellular connections using a load balancing router and Visible was so unstable, at my location, that it messed up the load balancing.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

We have Visible and like it a lot. Like any other carrier, there are good and bad LOCATIONS. Our Visible at home works great where our AT&T is useless. Visible is also better than Verizon at our location even though Visible uses Verizon towers. So service at your location will be a bigger determining factor than how well it works for others at different locations. That's the problem with opinions on any one particular service. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

I had it for a few months, but discontinued the service.  I was primarily using it for a hotspot connection, not calls, but I was trying it out thinking that if it worked, I'd quit our Verizon service and move exclusively to Visible.  

I ended up having too many problems with the service -- things that it wouldn't do on particular websites that would work on my Verizon phone.  I got one problem solved by an hour+ chat with a CSR at Visible, but another problem they were never able to solve for me.  It was at that point that I discontinued the service.

I would suggest that, if you want to move to Visible, you get a phone and try it out for a few months BEFORE you cancel your Verizon service.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Most of the secondary cell companies use ATT or Verizon cell towers. Maybe T Mobil has many of their own tower now that they merged with Sprint. But if you don't use the hot spot for internet you can get better prices from one of the resellers?

4 minutes ago, whj469 said:

Most of the secondary cell companies use ATT or Verizon cell towers. Maybe T Mobil has many of their own tower now that they merged with Sprint. But if you don't use the hot spot for internet you can get better prices from one of the resellers?

Visible (owned by Verizon) offers just one plan that includes unlimited talk, text, and Internet, including hotspot/tethering use on phones that support those features.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I have had Visible for 18 months, as my primary phone/internet, in the rig.  In the RV, the phone stays tethered to a router.  With only one exception, I have had good service everywhere I've gone.  I use a lot of data, around 300gigs a month.  I will say though, that I research the availability of Verizon signals in a particular area, and will not go there if there is no signal..  The times  there are problems with Visible service I used my Hello Mobile back up phone.  I think for $25/month, it cant be beat, Period.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:34 PM, whj469 said:

And they don't slow you down if you use to much data?

You'll be "deprioritized" if you go over 22 mb in a month, in other words other users have higher priority when the network is heavily loaded.   So yes, after 22 mb you can be slowed down if you're on a crowded tower.  But you'll return to full speed as soon as the congestion eases.  And as soon as you enter a new billing cycle you return to the same footing as everyone else.

I've had Visible for several years and the only time I was deprioritized was when I was staying in a motel room in Las Vegas adjacent to I-15.  During commute hours my speed slowed noticeably but was still sufficient to stream SD video.

Edited by Lou Schneider

On 3/26/2021 at 11:34 PM, whj469 said:

And they don't slow you down if you use to much data?

No... Visible data service is subject to temporary deprioritization on congested towers, but there are no data speed limits for both the phone and hotspot service at any time. I regularly hit 100-150 GB/mo with no significant slowdowns.

Dutch

23 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

You'll be "deprioritized" if you go over 22 mb in a month, in other words other users have higher priority when the network is heavily loaded.   So yes, after 22 mb you can be slowed down if you're on a crowded tower.  But you'll return to full speed as soon as the congestion eases.  And as soon as you enter a new billing cycle you return to the same footing as everyone else.

I've had Visible for several years and the only time I was deprioritized was when I was staying in a motel room in Las Vegas adjacent to I-15.  During commute hours my speed slowed noticeably but was still sufficient to stream SD video.

I haven't seen nor experienced anything about 22mb limits to be prioritized. I probably reach 22mb 15 minutes after I log on at any given day. Other carriers including Verizon have 22gb limits on their unlimited plans. But I have not seen anything stating this for Visible. We reach 22gb early on most of the months we have had Visible and never seen this. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

5 hours ago, agesilaus said:

As I understand it, tho I didn't see the 22 MB limit, this only applies if you are on a congested tower. And if you change towers it goes away. I have never seen it myself.

There is no "22 MB" limit on Visible. Deprioritization applies any time the tower is congested, and only lasts for the period of congestion or you move to a less congested tower.

Dutch

3 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Probably not the best for hotspot users who travel.

If you mean travel around the US, including the desert west west, then I disagree. We have very rarely not had a usable signal and that includes boondocking. We do have a cell booster but you need a signal in the first place for those to work. The place we are at right now outside Deming NM actually has the worst signal that I've seen in awhile, 2 bars.

Now I cannot say Visible is the best, who knows after all, but it does work.

Edited by agesilaus