Covid Vaccinations

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am at the Escapees Co-Op in Benson AZ. The office announced that the local County Health Dept was making a list of all residents of the park that wanted to be vaccinated. So many signed up for the vaccine that they are now limiting the vaccine to anyone over 75. Hopefully everyone even those under 75, can eventually be vaccinated in the near future. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, Twotoes said:

I am at the Escapees Co-Op in Benson AZ. The office announced that the local County Health Dept was making a list of all residents of the park that wanted to be vaccinated. So many signed up for the vaccine that they are now limiting the vaccine to anyone over 75. Hopefully everyone even those under 75, can eventually be vaccinated in the near future. 

We got a reservation for Jan 29th here in Maricopa County.  Took me 2 hours on line this morning to get it.  The 29th was the last day they currently had open.   So January is all filed unless some new sites open up.   So we will spend the next couple of weeks rechecking every day to see if they open up the pharmacies around Mesa because while they said they did, the websites at the pharmacies said no appointments through April!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

The latest from Escapees for those of us traveing.

The most frequently asked question among RVers about the coronavirus vaccine is, “can I receive the vaccine in a state if I’m a resident of a different state?”

So far, we are not aware of any state that has explicitly imposed residency requirements or required patients to show proof of residency. And at least two states, Arizona and Florida, have specifically said that residency will not be a requirement for vaccination in their states

While the vaccines are still in short supply, Escapees recommends that once RVers receive their first dose, they remain in the same geographic area and plan to return to the same vaccination site for their second dose. (Some counties and vaccination sites are actually making appointments for and/or reserving second doses when you receive your first dose.) Doing so will help to ensure that you’re able to get your second dose of the same vaccine at the right time.

Each vaccination will be recorded in the CDC’s Vaccine Tracking System, which allows health care providers to know who got their first shot and what kind it was and when they should get their second. But as a backup, you’ll also receive a card after your first dose that tells you which vaccine you got and when you should come back for your second dose. It’s also a good idea to take a picture of the card with your phone in case you lose your card.

escapees.com/coronavirus/vaccine/

Please realize that the chances are that the J&J vaccination will require at least one booster, probably next year, to get longer immunity.  All modern vaccines require more than one shot.  Often 2 or 3 with a booster after so many years.   I really am glad we are getting one of the mRNA vaccines.  And yes, I fully expect that we may need a booster next year with those.  Especially for seniors because our immune systems do not function as well as when we were young. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

The CEO of Maderna also said he expects we will need boosters.  However, at the rate vaccines are being administered it would appear many of us will need a booster  long before many others have received their first vaccine.  The new administration has set a goal of 1 million vaccines a day for the 1st 100 days.  At 2 injections each that will stretch to nearly 2 years without adding  boosters to reach the numbers they say they need for herd immunity.  Sure hope some new vaccines are approved and the numbers can be ramped up exponentially. 

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Randy I agree with your Math. Even if the under 18 age group equals 25% of 333 million people, that leaves  250 million people to vaccinate or 500 Million shots. Nearly 17 months at million shots per month.

Of course, I hear Johnson & Johnson may require only one shot to be effective. Then judging the limiting factor is till a million shot a day the time remaining could be cut in half.

I used the states population at 333 million people that worked to 250 million adults

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

At least a quarter of people say they won’t take the vaccine, which means this will be a disease that is now endemic to the US.  Watch other countries not letting people enter without certification of vaccination.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2 minutes ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

There has been recent news reports of  adverse reactions to moderna in California and Norway and vaccines were halted at one location in california.  I have not heard of any adverse reactions to Pfizer .  Comments???

We received Moderna last Thursday and have had nothing beyond tenderness at the injection sites. There was a multi page questionnaire we had to fill out about health and allergies before receiving the shots though. I was lucky in that my allergies only cause dermatitis not breathing problems.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, sandsys said:

We received Moderna last Thursday and have had nothing beyond tenderness at the injection sites.

We both were vaccinated with Moderna on Jan 7, along with several of our neighbors. Thus far none of us have experienced significant reactions. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

9 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

There has been recent news reports of  adverse reactions to moderna in California and Norway and vaccines were halted at one location in california.  I have not heard of any adverse reactions to Pfizer .  Comments???

The recent one in California was for a specific lot of Moderna vaccine and ONLY at one clinic.  Other places using the same lot had not seen any problems.  Remember, a LOT of people will have a reaction, that's what happens as the immune system starts working.  If you have a group, the 'soreness' in the arm gets amped up, the fevers reported tend to rise as they all compare notes, etc.  Or it could be one family where everyone has a history of allergic reactions.  My daughter will run a 103° fever or so when she gets hers - she always does.  First time as a baby she hit 104° at 4:00 am - by time I got her in at the pediatricians, it was way down.  As he told me, well now we know, she's going to spike with every one.  And she did.  Even developed the slight rash after the measles, we learned that was her immune ramping up.   Lots of water and fever reducer, plus moving the arm to increase blood circulation around the injection site, are what you need.   Because the vaccines are 'new' and technically we are all getting them as part of the trial phase, they will halt for a couple of days to investigate when anyone has a report of 'significant' reaction so it can be evaluated, and usually they resume.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

On 1/12/2021 at 5:43 PM, trostberg said:

The latest from Escapees for those of us traveing.

The most frequently asked question among RVers about the coronavirus vaccine is, “can I receive the vaccine in a state if I’m a resident of a different state?”

So far, we are not aware of any state that has explicitly imposed residency requirements or required patients to show proof of residency. And at least two states, Arizona and Florida, have specifically said that residency will not be a requirement for vaccination in their states

This is no longer the case.  Florida is requiring proof of Florida residency.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Prioritization-of-Floridans-for-Covid-19-Vaccinations.pdf

On 1/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, NamMedevac 70 said:

Wow!!!  Thanks for your comments.  I will go for the Pfizer shot when available and will travel if necessary.

We received Moderna vaccine yesterday and have had absolutely no adverse effects.  No sore arm from the injection; no fever; and no other possible side effects.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...

Pfizer makes that little blue pill, So I want their vaccine. I figure if they can raise the dead, they can save the living. :lol::lol:;)

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

9 minutes ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

the 700 variants of covid said now to be in USA by none other than the wise owl.

700?

New Variants of the Virus that Causes COVID-19

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Here it is Kirk  as of 5 days ago from CDC the the atlanta FOX 5 station and there is more.

With nearly 700 cases of new COVID-19 variants, CDC Director urges Americans to keep their guard up

Published 1 day ago

"

Yet Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director for the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention says over 83,000 Americans are hospitalized right now with COVID-19.

"I am asking everyone to please keep your guard up," Dr. Walenksy says.  "The continued proliferation of variants remains a great concern and is a threat that could reverse the recent positive trends we're seeing.  As of February 7, 699 variant cases have been confirmed across 34 states, with 691 cases being the b.1.1.7 variant."

I did a simple google search for Fauci and 700 variants.  There are many more references to this in same search.  Over past two years CDC has issued so many conflicting statements on covid but here is this for what it is worth.

4 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

Here it is Kirk  as of 5 days ago from CDC the the atlanta FOX 5 station and there is more.

With nearly 700 cases of new COVID-19 variants, CDC Director urges Americans to keep their guard up

Published 1 day ago

"

Yet Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director for the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention says over 83,000 Americans are hospitalized right now with COVID-19.

"I am asking everyone to please keep your guard up," Dr. Walenksy says.  "The continued proliferation of variants remains a great concern and is a threat that could reverse the recent positive trends we're seeing.  As of February 7, 699 variant cases have been confirmed across 34 states, with 691 cases being the b.1.1.7 variant."

I did a simple google search for Fauci and 700 variants.  There are many more references to this in same search.  Over past two years CDC has issued so many conflicting statements on covid but here is this for what it is worth.

Just stating the obvious, but that's not 700 variants.... That's one variant, 700 cases. Huuuge difference. Jay