Covid Vaccinations

Dr. John Campbell in the UK stated on his you tube channel at the time the “UK variant” became the news of the day that there had been 1300 variants of C-19 identified. 

Edited by noteven
Corrected Dr Campbell’s name

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

700 variants in over a year really isn't that many and as with all viruses, they will continue to evolve as they USE the host DNA to replicate.  Many, many variations are very, very minor.  That's why the vaccines are targeted at the basic structure of the virus that aids it in getting into the cell (the spikes).  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Just stating the obvious, but that's not 700 variants.... That's one variant, 700 cases. Huuuge difference. Jay

Eh, it's a huge difference only if you're interested in accuracy.

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

700 variants in over a year really isn't that many and as with all viruses, they will continue to evolve as they USE the host DNA to replicate. 

That may be the case, but the point is that NamMedevac70 said he heard there were 700 variants, and when challenged, posted his source, and it appears he is still misunderstanding it, because it said:  "As of February 7, 699 variant cases have been confirmed across 34 states, with 691 cases being the b.1.1.7 variant."  A "variant case" is not the same as a "variant." 

1 hour ago, noteven said:

Dr. John Walker in the UK stated on his you tube channel at the time the “UK variant” became the news of the day that there had been 1300 variants of C-19 identified. 

I can't find a Dr. John Walker who says there are 1300 variants.  Source?

10 minutes ago, Blues said:

Eh, it's a huge difference only if you're interested in accuracy.

That may be the case, but the point is that NamMedevac70 said he heard there were 700 variants, and when challenged, posted his source, and it appears he is still misunderstanding it, because it said:  "As of February 7, 699 variant cases have been confirmed across 34 states, with 691 cases being the b.1.1.7 variant."  A "variant case" is not the same as a "variant." 

I can't find a Dr. John Walker who says there are 1300 variants.  Source?

Geez I’m daft some days - he is called Dr. John Campbell - on you tube 

Definition of variant  

NOUN
  1. a form or version of something that differs in some respect from other forms of the same thing or from a standard.
    "clinically distinct variants of malaria" · 

Some variants of malaria are more deadly than others such as cerebral malaria.  Different drugs and dosages are used for different types of malaria. I ought to know spending years in SE Asia flying choppers in the jungles and swamps of SEA and PNG after Vietnam flying for Evergreen Helicopters I did catch a mild form of malaria. I am sure this comment will be ignored by others and I know why because I am right. Cheers 227-capt-perkins-with-bell-212-evergreen-in-tokyo(1).jpg.b468bf06502d48667aa55538e78bedef.jpg

Evergreen International Aviation - Wikipedia

Edited by NamMedevac 70

17 hours ago, noteven said:

Dr. John Campbell in the UK stated on his you tube channel at the time the “UK variant” became the news of the day that there had been 1300 variants of C-19 identified. 

Thank you noteven for that information about the 1300 VARIANTS.  It is good to be right.  All is good. Others will ignore your comment because you are also right. Cheers

Edited by NamMedevac 70

Even the flu shot, which we take as soon as available every year, can help against other viral infections slightly, as the body's defenses are increased with any exposure, but not enough for other specific viruses like COVID.

As long as the outside capsid of the virus still contains the proteins used in the vaccine it will still work, but enough to protect depends on the variety. You have to remember these vaccines are different than Flu vaccines which are live or dead virus samples. These are mRNA replicators if you will:

"The (Pfizer) shot uses a molecule called mRNA as its base. A molecular cousin of DNA, mRNA contains instructions to build specific proteins; in this case, the mRNA in the vaccine codes for the coronavirus spike protein, a structure that sticks off the virus's surface and is used to infect human cells. Once inside the body, the vaccine instructs human cells to build this protein, and the immune system learns to recognize and attack it."

Source: https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-vaccines-authorized-for-use.html

I found Virology fascinating! We are doing fascinating things in immunology today.

Off topic: Prions which cause BSE (Mad Cow Disease) are the reason we can't give blood anymore. We lived in Germany on assignment 1990-1997 and apparently they had an outbreak at some time in those years. I'm not even sure if they are alive. The reason they burn prion infected food animals is that even heating boiling, everything that makes pet and human food safe does not work at all on prions. Pet food made from infected animals despite intense processing that kills all bacteria and parasites still has the prions that infect. Look it up if you like this kind of reading like I do. Very weird protein/organism??

I just found out I get my first Vaccination COVID shot this Sat the 13th.

I called and was glad I am getting the Pfizer Vaccine.  Why? (joke) They also make the little blue pill. I figure if they can raise the dead, they can save the living. LOL!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

We have a friend that works on Prions at the NIH Rocky Mountain Facility in Hamilton, Montana - a LEVEL IV biolab - the moonsuit with supplied air and inter lock chambers where you are hosed off type of lab.   The lab was originally put there to study Rocky Mountain Wasting Disease that is prevalent in Elk and Deer herds in the Rocky Mountains and might move into sheep herds, etc.  And the cause is a type of prion - hence his expertise in Mad Cow Disease - similar type of wasting cause by prions.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

16 hours ago, RV_ said:

called and was glad I am getting the Pfizer Vaccine.  Why? (joke) They also make the little blue pill. I figure if they can raise the dead, they can save the living. LOL!

So let me get this straight.  You are telling me my Phizer covid shot may also help me with my love life.   Pllllease!  Derek, what are you drinking lately. You are getting positively comedic in a number of your recent observations.🤓

12 minutes ago, bigjim said:

So let me get this straight.  You are telling me my Phizer covid shot may also help me with my love life.   Pllllease!  Derek, what are you drinking lately. You are getting positively comedic in a number of your recent observations.🤓

Well if you stay alive, that is a great deal of help for one's love life. 😎

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

his opinion of the WHO junket to China to investigate the origin..

So he is more expert than any of the US doctors?  Or are you just looking for someone to support your already held opinion? Since most of the sources that I trust as well as my personal doctor share the view that seems to be a strong majority, I'll not give much credence to this fellow. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Dr. John Campbell had an interesting talk yesterday:

Dr John Campbell Utube

vaccines take 14 days to protect you

results of surveys and studies not contaminated by politics

and... his opinion of the WHO junket to China to investigate the origin...

Just wondering... Does anyone actually click on these random YouTube links? Regardless of the subject matter, I can't see myself spending time listening to some unknown, self-proclaimed expert surfing for views, subscribers and likes. Just curious if that's something others do. Jay

8 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

Just wondering... Does anyone actually click on these random YouTube links? Regardless of the subject matter, I can't see myself spending time listening to some unknown, self-proclaimed expert surfing for views, subscribers and likes. Just curious if that's something others do. Jay

Thankfully , some are more adventurous than you purport to be . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

So he is more expert than any of the US doctors?  Or are you just looking for someone to support your already held opinion? Since most of the sources that I trust as well as my personal doctor share the view that seems to be a strong majority, I'll not give much credence to this fellow. 

I don’t understand what you mean Kirk.  I don’t know what majority view of what I am in contravention of by providing a link to a person who summarizes information and states his sources. 

Any slight differing of opinion on any subject matter will bring heat from the powers that be man.  Hang in there sport.  I did not call him an expert and I don't think you did either but CDC and wise owl are king of the flip floppers and have been wrong so many times in past year. 

I will still get my vaccine after others even if there is 700 or 1300 VARIANTS out there just like Flu and Malaria VARIANTS.  Many people will feel they are perfectly safe forever with a vaccine but the doctors and nurses tell me each year the flue shot does not protect against all VARIANTS of the flue.  End of Story. 

Each week health "experts" from around the world are finding out new symptoms and new ways the virus is effecting different people in different ways.

Edited by NamMedevac 70

I don’t understand what you mean Kirk.  

It seems that I misunderstood your intention. Sorry as I must admit to not having watched his videos. I probably should have before I commented.  I must admit to having become very tired of the constant debate over masks and similar issues. I apologize for having gone off half cocked. 🙂

No offense taken Kirk, thanks.  I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer most days so I'm easy to confuse. I am also not smart enough to have a valid public opinion on anything as serious as the science of how this disease operates. 

Anyways - Dr. Campbell is not a MD. He is a PhD.  So his "point form" format is more sifting and researching info based than medical science / practice based.  Easy for non scientists like me to comprehend. 

34 minutes ago, noteven said:

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer most days so I'm easy to confuse.

I think that I may have proven myself in that group too, with the reply about the video.  I blame it on my increasing age.  

48 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

I must admit to having become very tired of the constant debate over masks and similar issues.

Me too.  I chose to not participate, because I was unable to envision a path that would advance greater understanding or consensus.

If this thread fostered a small group, in a face-to-face discussion, I suspect there would be a better chance of narrowing the gap in our opinions.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

4 hours ago, noteven said:

I don’t understand what you mean Kirk.  I don’t know what majority view of what I am in contravention of by providing a link to a person who summarizes information and states his sources. 

Anyone from NIH (Dr. Fauci) or from a university that has a department specializing in emerging viruses (Dr, Peter Hoetz, U. of Baylor Medical School).  There are many, many more.  

3 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

Latest from our "experts" at CDC as of 6 hours ago is that two or double mask are safer around unmasked people.  Next we will all be wearing self contained moon suits and that really means a big government spending program like a good long war in SE Asia.

Or no need if EACH OF YOU ARE WEARING A MASK.  The has been the whole premise about wearing masks, that both people need to be wearing them.

2 hours ago, noteven said:

Anyways - Dr. Campbell is not a MD. He is a PhD.  So his "point form" format is more sifting and researching info based than medical science / practice based.  Easy for non scientists like me to comprehend. 

MOST basic research in any field is done by PhDs.  If it has application in a medical field, after the structure-function research, then MDs use that information as they look at how a specific item might relate to disease processes.

3 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

I will still get my vaccine after others even if there is 700 or 1300 VARIANTS out there just like Flu and Malaria VARIANTS.  Many people will feel they are perfectly safe forever with a vaccine but the doctors and nurses tell me each year the flue shot does not protect against all VARIANTS of the flue.  End of Story. 

Each week health "experts" from around the world are finding out new symptoms and new ways the virus is effecting different people in different ways.

Very, very few vaccines do not need boosters at some point.  Have you had a tetanus in the past 10 yrs, if not, you should get one.  What about Whooping Cough?   Some viruses change very little, and the vaccines are effective for a long time, others either don't induce as good of an immune response or the viruses change enough to require modification of the vaccine.  And since world wide travel is now the norm, viruses move through more populations, which means more changes within shorter periods of time, plus the number of people who refuse to get vaccinated means the viruses can mutate faster the result being more variants.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834