Dog poop story

NamMedevac 70

I have observed from inside my RV  in RV parks and public campgrounds certain types of RVers deliberately allowing their pets to poop just below the steps of other RVs whose occupants were asleep or not aware or gone shopping, etc.

I then inform the victim RVer of what I saw and see if they report this to campground manager.  By the way I do not have a pet and have never camped or   RVed with a pet.   Some large apartment complexes take DNA samples of renters pets for locating offending poopers who violate poop rules.  This was a surprise to me.   Many campers now days have outside security cameras and scare lights so let the poopers beware. Cheers and Happy Trails

Edited by NamMedevac 70

I too have seen this ignorant behavior.  As a responsible dog owner i had doggie bags in every shirt, jacket, and pants pocket to offer those who claimed to not have a bag but will come back later to pick it up!

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

I always pick up after my dog. I have seen others who do not but never one allowing their dog to poop at another’s door step. As far as apartment owners doing DNA test, I don’t believe this because of the high cost of doing a DNA test. An apartment owner just would not spend the $$$$. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Well just call the Vintage Apartments on South Meadows Parkway in South Reno, Nevada and ask them yourself. They are large fairly modern complex. They also do pet interviews to check for aggression. My mother lived there for years before she passed away and they instituted this requirement after she moved in. Neither she nor I ever had any pets since living in Texas many years ago. 

DNA test for apartment owners are now as low as 50.00 dollars and the renters pay for this.  RV parks are not doing this because of transient nature of RVs.  Long Term lot owner/renters in gated parks may see this in future.  There are now many apartments doing this everywhere like The Vintage apartments in Reno. Cheers and Tears to you.

We use to own two beautiful German Shepherd dogs who were brothers but had to give them a better home in the country with friends who owned a nice farm as we moved into apartments and they were too large.  Before that I had a wonderful border collie that was killed by senile old neighbors who gave him chicken bones without our knowledge.

This quote was just posted by ORCA another RVer on another RV forum.

"I too have seen this ignorant behavior. As a responsible dog owner i had doggie bags in every shirt, jacket, and pants pocket to offer those who claimed to not have a bag but will come back later to pick it up!"

Edited by NamMedevac 70

On 12/25/2020 at 4:54 PM, 2gypsies said:

Really.   Is this the best you can talk about on Christmas Day?🙄

I thought my story about our two beautiful dogs with a happy ending would be inspiring to all. Instead you chose to focus only on the other tragic one. Although I have an accounting degree I did my minor in psychology and sociology that included as I remember extensive study of human behavior and their responses to two simultaneous different types of stories and an insight to the personality.

My two above accounts are true and insightful. Thank you everyone for responding.

I actually thin skin I thought of this as a public service announcement to save some RVers from future embarrassment,  I have observed this and others on this and other RV forums agree with me.  Sorry if this offends as you can skip my post or block me.  

ORCA  " I too have seen this ignorant behavior.  As a responsible dog owner i had doggie bags in every shirt, jacket, and pants pocket to offer those who claimed to not have a bag but will come back later to pick it up!" 

ORCA agrees with me so why don't you jump on him also but of course I know the answer to that one sport.

Edited by NamMedevac 70

I also carry extra bags and gladly offer people one to pick up after their dog.  Sometimes, the offenders are kids sent out to walk the dog, without a bag and have never been told to pick up the poop.  Ignorant and lazy parents raise ignorant and lazy kids.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

There is a dark side to everything, 8 years fulltime now and the dog poop issue has never and will never go away. When we had a dog with us Diane would pick p after others pets whenever needed, I was more of a "bring it to their attention" type myself if I saw it. 

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

This is not just an RV problem. Before I went fulltime I lived in a house on a corner lot. I always had trash and dog poop on my front lawn left by people walking by n

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, packnrat said:

i had two loving rotts, never a problem. if the humans can learn, (that's the hard part) the dogs will know where it is ok, and where not to.

heck first time i took my girls camping (tent) they were hurting as there back yard was not there.

One advantage of using puppy pads occasionally is they can tell an experienced dog that this place is OK for them to use.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

i have heard of such, but never needed them for any dog i have had over my lifetime.

when a dog knows "this is were i live" they do not go where they sleep. and most all dogs will go to great lengths to make there human happy. so if you make a big happy deal of going "there" that alone works wonders. but never punish for going in the wrong place, just correct with lots of love and fun when your dog does is/her duty in the "approved places"

Got up and headed out with my dog for her first thing potty this morning.  Right beside my truck was the 3rd large dog pile in two weeks.  Some clown is walking his dog late or early and not picking it up.  The park has a rule to pick up your poop and several disposal bins around the park. 

Well this will end soon.  The game camera is now set up and will be on at night.  Photos of the offender will be supplied to the office as well as posted on their Facebook page.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

• 2 weeks later...

Git him Ken. When we were full time we picked up and were irked by the ones who leave it and all dog owners get the looks for them.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Well, I never caught the pooper even though I had a a good idea of the culprit.  They packed up and moved on.  I kept the camera out for a number of days and no poop.  

Ken

21 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

Well, I never caught the pooper even though I had a a good idea of the culprit.  They packed up and moved on.  I kept the camera out for a number of days and no poop.  

Ken

Maybe they or him saw the camera and left as they knew you were alert and on to them. Hopefully they left in a huff.  Good show iceman.  If more people put out cameras on their RVs this could help reduce number the of culprits.  They consider it mean fun sport to do this and I would consider it fun sport to catch them on photo or video when not fishing, hiking or boating, etc.  I learned a long time ago to bully the bullies as they easy to spot most times.  Turning the other cheek only results in a sore red face.  Cheers For The New Year