why login every day?

14 hours ago, Chalkie said:

I know I need to relog in every time I run CCleaner as all the cookies are deleted. 

You should be able to keep the cookies you want by transferring them to the "Cookies to Keep" box.

Open CCleaner.  Click on "Options" on the left-hand side of the screen.  Click on "Cookies."  You'll see two boxes:  "Cookies on Computer" and "Cookies to Keep."  Scroll through the "Cookies on Computer" list to find the cookies you want to keep so that you don't have to log in each time.  Highlight that cookie and then use the arrows to move it to the "Cookies to Keep" box.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

4 hours ago, LindaH said:

You should be able to keep the cookies you want by transferring them to the "Cookies to Keep" box.

I know that but thanks anyhow. I just prefer to clear almost all cookies. Most of my logins are saved in Last Pass so it is easy enough to relog in.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I also use Chrome and have never had an issue.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

45 minutes ago, Joe Spiker said:

My take is still that the site is screwed up.

I, along with many others have never had that problem. That really doesn't sound like a problem with the website.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm having to sign back in about half of the time now, never did before a couple of weeks ago.

As far as who to blame, I imagine it's an issue of Invision's software and it's compatibility with certain browsers.  Considering how many browsers are in use out there, I'm surprised any website can operate flawlessly on all browsers.

To me, it's not a big deal, I just sign back in when it requests me to.

W10 will time-out a website that requires a sign-in, for security reasons. Otherwise, your sign-in is valid to anyone who can hack your account,, which is quite easy for some.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Remaining signed in when you return to a website like the Escapees forum is a function of the cookies stored locally on your computer.  If your browser or security software is deleting cookies or not storing them when used, you will not be auto logged in the next time you go to the website.  It is done on your local machine, not at the website.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

5 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Remaining signed in when you return to a website like the Escapees forum is a function of the cookies stored locally on your computer.  If your browser or security software is deleting cookies or not storing them when used, you will not be auto logged in the next time you go to the website.  It is done on your local machine, not at the website.

True, but if sometimes you have to sign back in and other times you don't, or if this is the only website which is behaving like that, then I doubt that cookie settings is causing it.  For example, I frequent about a dozen forums on a daily basis.  I stay signed into all of them and this forum is the only one that I ever have to manually sign back into, and that's about half of the time when I visit.

24 minutes ago, durangodon said:

I stay signed into all of them and this forum is the only one that I ever have to manually sign back into, and that's about half of the time when I visit.

And yet, most of the other users of this website do not have that experience. Do you think that this site is selecting people to give problems and you happen to be one of them?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI