The National HDT Rally is on!

sdixon747

The National HDT Rally is on! I have been in touch with the Kansas Department of Health and EnvironmentHutchinson/Reno County Chamber of Commerce, and the Kansas State Fair Administration. They all agree that with common sense precautions it is safe to have the National HDT Rally. For example following the CDC recommended social distancing, hand sanitizing, and recommend wearing a mask when indoors or when you can’t socially distance. Hand sanitizing stations will be setup in the buildings and I will have a limited supply of masks available upon request. Tables etc. will be sanitized daily with hospital grade disinfectant. 

We feel that the National HDT Rally will be safe informative and fun. We encourage everyone to come out and join us. I have extended the early registration discount to September 14th. To register, go to NationalHDTRally.com and click on REGISTER.  

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

This is good news to me, but unfortunately I will not be able to attend. I had planned to be a lot closer to Hutchinson in October, but my plan hit a speed bump keeping me over 8 hours away and working Monday to Friday each week. Depending on the weather, I may think about an overnight trip on one of the weekends, but those don't really work out well for seeing everyone. I hope everyone is able to remain safe and remember it's really the hand washing that does the most. Also important to do soap and water in addition to the hand sanitizer.  I have other suggestions as far as Mask usage, but won't share unless requested. 

Rodney Lappin RN

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

1 hour ago, lappir said:

This is good news to me, but unfortunately I will not be able to attend. I had planned to be a lot closer to Hutchinson in October, but my plan hit a speed bump keeping me over 8 hours away and working Monday to Friday each week. Depending on the weather, I may think about an overnight trip on one of the weekends, but those don't really work out well for seeing everyone. I hope everyone is able to remain safe and remember it's really the hand washing that does the most. Also important to do soap and water in addition to the hand sanitizer.  I have other suggestions as far as Mask usage, but won't share unless requested. 

Rodney Lappin RN

Rod, you will be missed. Sorry you can't make it. 

I would like to hear what you have to say about masks. I certainly respect your opinion as a nurse that is in the thick of it. You can PM me if you would rather.

Stay Safe and Healthy

Steve

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Steve I sent you a PM and will follow up most likely with another in the morning. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

People have asked “What do I get for my registration fee?” Well, in addition to a week of fun and learning with seminars presented by some of the foremost experts in the field of using an HDT in RV service, we have several meals catered in throughout the week. Pizza and Subs on opening night and Barbecue on Wednesday. We have an ice cream social with more flavors than Baskin-Robbins.Friday night is “Pot Luck”. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings we have a full home cooked breakfast including sausage, eggs, pancakes, home fries, coffee and more. On Tuesday and Thursday we have a continental breakfast including coffee, donuts, fruit, yogurt and juices and more. Saturday morning we have our farewell brunch featuring breakfast casseroles, biscuits and gravy, coffee and fruit juices. 

All RV parking sites include 30 and 50 amp electric along with water and sewer. All sites are long, level and can accommodate even the biggest of rigs. An HDT is not required to attend. Everyone is welcome. 

The early registration discount has been extended through September 14th. Go to NationalHDTRally.com to register.

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

58 minutes ago, sdixon747 said:

People have asked “What do I get for my registration fee?”

Are you kidding? You have so much fun at one of these events they should be illegal....😀

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

8 minutes ago, beyerjf said:

Are you kidding? You have so much fun at one of these events they should be illegal....😀

It’s always more fun when you are there! Are you going to join us this year? We’ve missed you.

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

I was not given a choice.  Susan declared we are going, so it will be.  She had a blast last year, and was surprised at how much she learned, even outside the seminars.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

I was not given a choice.  Susan declared we are going, so it will be.  She had a blast last year, and was surprised at how much she learned, even outside the seminars.

Good to know who is in charge isn't it. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

22 hours ago, lappir said:

Good to know who is in charge isn't it. 

Rod

I wear the pants, and I have her permission to say so............

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

7 hours ago, rickeieio said:

I wear the pants, and I have her permission to say so............

Another good one. Is it a long pants day or short ones? 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Just a reminder, today, September 14th is the last day to get your early registration discount for the National HDT Rally. Today is also the last day to order an event t-shirt. Tomorrow, the registration fee will go from $95 per person to $105. The registration will still be open after today but at the higher price and no t-shirt. 

To register, go to NationalHDTRally.com and click REGISTER.

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

This year just will not work for us, we are picking up a 8 week old puppy the week of this event.  She is a German  Shepherd pure breed and I can't wait to get her.  Was also not able to make the WCR due to dog issues but dog life must go on.  Steve I still play with the radios (ham) but could not get the license due to Covid.  Finally got lots of channels programed into them with a different cable, heck these radios even do marine channels.

Last year I attended this rally and got a ton of information, sorry to miss this year.

Dennis,

Westminster, Co 

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

2 hours ago, Cotreker said:

Last year I attended this rally and got a ton of information, sorry to miss this year.

Dennis,

Westminster, Co 

Dennis, you will be missed! Looks like we are going to have a good turnout this year. Good luck with the new puppy!

Steve

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

• Phil D pinned this topic
20 hours ago, DesertMiner said:

Just curious .... how do the numbers look so far?

A little over 60 so far. We expect 70 give or take a little.

Registration is still open! Go to NationalHDTRally.com to register.

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE