Where you be on Thanksgiving Day?

Kirk W

It is fairly common for those who anticipate going on the road full-time to wonder about what will happen on holidays. While we are no longer fulltimers, we still remember some of those gatherings as being among the most enjoyed in our years of experience. This year our RV is stored away and we are snug in our home-base but we usually use it to travel to one of our son's homes for the big gathering. This year we will just be making an overnight trip but will join two of our sons and family for the day.

Would you share your plans for the special day and also mention if you are a fulltimer, or even just traveling by RV for the holiday?

EDIT: I failed to mention, we will be with the sons in a northeastern suburb of Dallas.

We will be celebrating our Thanksgiving this year by enjoying a wonderful potluck Thanksgiving dinner at the gravel pit in Senator Wash LTVA north of Yuma. We would enjoy meeting any other SKPs in the area. We are Meathead and Marshmallow and are parked on North Florida Flats in an Eagle 5W.

My best RVing Thanksgiving was the meal at Rainbow's End. They cook the turkey and gravy and everyone else brings sides for groups of 12. That's a nice size table for group conversations.

Being off the road for now, Dave will make a pumpkin pie and buy a precooked turkey breast and we'll go right for the turkey sandwiches since we don't need that huge meal and there will not be a big family gathering here this year to share all those other dishes.

Linda Sand

Well, we had planned on being at Desert Trails in Tucson to enjoy dinner with our friends there. Then I had surgery on my foot the week we had planned on leaving so we are sitting here in Illinois with 8" of fresh snow!

We will have Thanksgiving dinner with Nancy's Mom and sister and hopefully the following week I will be recovered enough to drive the truck and we can head finally south.

AND we will be heading out as full timers since the house will be sold and whats left of the furniture in storage!

We are at the gulf coast, MS. The owner of the park puts on a huge feast (free of charge) for the campers, his employees and families and a few relatives. We did this yesterday. Santa also made an appearance for the children handing out candy canes and telling them he was keeping his eyes open noticing who were the ones that were being good boys and girls. The kids loved it. There wasn't a person who wasn't stuffed and there was still enough food so that anyone who wanted could take home leftovers.

We will be fulltimers on Christmas Day but for Thanksgiving we are taking our home down to Charleston, SC KOA and spend Thanksgiving with our daughter. It will be great and we'll be back for Christmas to spend it with her as fulltimers!!

Living in the fifth wheel now so just finishing up work.

We will be fulltimers on Christmas Day but for Thanksgiving we are taking our home down to Charleston, SC KOA and spend Thanksgiving with our daughter. It will be great and we'll be back for Christmas to spend it with her as fulltimers!!

Living in the fifth wheel now so just finishing up work.

I'm not sure which Charleston KOA you are staying at, but we will be at the one listed as Ladson, SC. It is actually off 26 to the north. We are having Thanksgiving at our son's home in North Charleston. If you see our brown Newmar Ventana, please stop by to say hi!

We are not fulltimers yet, but on the road a lot. We will be spending Christmas in Ft. Myers, FL with friends and then off to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas for the month of January and finally back to Georgia sometime mid-February.

Happy Holidays to All!!

Liz and Steve

We will celebrate with just the 2 of us. We rarely spend time at Thanksgiving any other way. We enjoy cooking the dinner together and eating the leftovers for days. Our kids are all too far away and mostly in cold weather locations. Well, so are we, but not next year! This year will be interesting as it is our first Thankgiving as fulltimers. Haven't lit the oven yet. It will be an experience.

Roger & Ola

2016 Ventana LE 4044

Archived