HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We are in Birmingham Al for the night. Staying at Hoover RV park which is the RV parking lot for Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. $31.72 full hook-ups, all asphalt, but areas for dogs to go. Not much "It" factor but easy to get to, very easy access and spacing.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrived in Clovis New Mexico this afternoon at the Travelers World Campground and will be here tell Monday. Next stop probably will be around Albuquerque just not exactly sure yet. :)

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Bob, if you're headed north out of Albuquerque, there's a KOA and another park just west of the Rio Grande river in Bernalillo. I've stayed at both, and they are big rig friendly. The Range Cafe in Bernalillo is worth going out of the way for!

Bill Greenwade

Full Timer from Mena, Arkansas

2012 KZ 40ft 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

1998 Volvo VNL 610

We are in Birmingham Al for the night. Staying at Hoover RV park which is the RV parking lot for Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. $31.72 full hook-ups, all asphalt, but areas for dogs to go. Not much "It" factor but easy to get to, very easy access and spacing.

How is the access in and out of there? We are looking for a better overnight location in that area.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Jack, the way in and out is good. Access is off of 459 at exit 10, Hwy 150. The way is well marked, tree branches are above the 14' mark. It is an asphalt parking lot. But I found it to be extremely easy to navigate. The sites are set up so that 1 island of utility hook-ups services 2 rigs. It's well lit at night as we found out. Your solar panels should charge well overnight!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Thanks, Jim.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

TwoBearBill:

Sorry for the delay. Hall Volvo on 31 is making the repair. We used them once before and were happy with their service. I hope this experience goes as well!

Mike & Joan
2006 Volvo 780
2008 KZ Escalade Sportster 41CKS
2001 Honda XR650R
2018 Kymco Spade 150

Arrived in Albuquerque today at the Albuquerque Central KOA. Since this is the last stop before getting home to my S & B I opted for the Supreme Deluxe site. I think this is the most I have paid in a long time per night like $65 I think it was at least over $60 anyways. Nice site though though getting to it was interesting and a little tight as far as some turns and narrow roads but my 67 feet got here!!!! ;) I can see some might have a problem but it really was ok. :ph34r: Besides we deserved the Supreme Deluxe site!!!! :wub: We will be here tell Thursday and then 270 miles to S & B to end the trip. Unless it seems muddy at S & B then may stop for a day or 2 at Gallup NM at the USA RV Park to let things dryout as there are supposed to be some rain. We will see. how it goes it is windy here right now. <_< .

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

We are in Congress, AZ at the North Ranch Escapees park for about 10 days before traveling up to Montana.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

Short run yesterday from Pahrump NV to the Hot Springs just N. of Beatty NV........UGH Sandstorm to the max......winds much stronger than the forecast.

Only one other RV was dumb enough to drive Hy 95 in the 70 mph "cross-breeze" but at least he was smart enough to drive south so he had fair tailwind.......not me......the ole Freightshaker was pulling 10psi turbo boost on some of the flats at 55 mph...... The guy in the Dodge DW /5er was at about 35 mph and all over his lane an shoulder.......FL was rock-solid....the ole truck earned her keep yesterday....

We are going to soak in the hot springs till the wind drop to.......maybe??

Cheers,

Dollytrolley

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

We have landed at the farm in Platte City, Mo. Which is near Kansas City.

Edited by Rick & Alana

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Okay got back to the S & B this afternoon. Sad trip is over then again good to be home. No more tire problems since San Antonio and tire wears appears uniform so I don't think I need to have axle alignment checked again. I do plan on putting on Michelin XPS's before the next big trip however.

Everyone be safe out there and looks like I left Texas none to soon looking at weather!!! :)

We are in Hutchinson, KS for a few days. Playing tourist and waiting for the snow to melt and ground to dry up a little in Woodland Park, CO before heading there for the summer.

www.jackdanmayer.com

We are in Carlisle PA for the night on our way to workcamp in Bristol NY, and it is cold, low 30s to night, not sure this GA boy is doing the right thing........

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

Short drive today to River Plantation RV Resort in Sevierville Tn. Had a few delays on I-40 due to the continuing bridge work, but otherwise uneventful. The campground is HDT friendly, but the sites are a little short, we have maybe 10' to spare in this pull thru site. But they do have a parking area for the trucks we could use if necessary. There is another red Volvo about 2 sites from us that I don't recognize, maybe we'll met them tomorrow.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We'll be pulling up stakes this morning, heading from Kelowna to Red Deer. Will be in Red Deer for a couple days, visiting middle son.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

We are in Woodland Park, CO at Diamond Campground for the summer. We leave here in the fall for th HDT Rally in Hutch. If you are in this area stop by....

20150427_074902.jpg

www.jackdanmayer.com

We are in Woodland Park, CO at Diamond Campground for the summer. We leave here in the fall for th HDT Rally in Hutch. If you are in this area stop by....

20150427_074902.jpg

Im sorry Jack, I am going to have to adjust my reading glasses because I assumed I read your message incorrectly, I thought you invited us to come join you at that location with that white stuff on the ground.. Is that Snow????

The Few

That rig looked a lot better (and happier) when I last saw it, northbound on TX 6 a little over a year ago. It didn't have all of that white stuff on it!

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

We were among the last of the HDT'rs to leave Deer Run (ECR) this morning. We had a great time and learned a lot! We are in now at Cave Country Campground in Cave City, KY where we will spend a few days including visit to Mammoth Caves Nat'l Park before heading to Ohio to clean out sheds and take care of other business.

You know how people in cars sometimes drive up beside you and check out your rig? I had it happen this afternoon by a marked sheriff car. He even came up on my left in a left turn only lane and then backed off and pulled in behind me instead of making the left turn. He followed me quite a ways. I wasn't doing anything wrong, but I still felt relieved when we parted ways.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

We were among the last of the HDT'rs to leave Deer Run (ECR) this morning. We had a great time and learned a lot! We are in now at Cave Country Campground in Cave City, KY where we will spend a few days including visit to Mammoth Caves Nat'l Park before heading to Ohio to clean out sheds and take care of other business.

You know how people in cars sometimes drive up beside you and check out your rig? I had it happen this afternoon by a marked sheriff car. He even came up on my left in a left turn only lane and then backed off and pulled in behind me instead of making the left turn. He followed me quite a ways. I wasn't doing anything wrong, but I still felt relieved when we parted ways.

Jim

Hi Jim,

What is your time line to be in Ohio ? It was nice to meet you and your wife at the ECR.

Hope to see you on the road,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

We're in Hardeeville SC. 15 miles from savanna Ga and 25 mile from Hilton head. The name of the park is Hardeeville RV park. All most all spots are pull through and 100 feet long and wide. Those that are back in have huge drive ways tomuse for backing.

No pool, but Laundry is available. Oh and low prices for the spots.

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

I've had a number of LEOs do that over the years. Almost always locals. Rarely State. I did have a State guy follow me in my smart on my quarter on I 70 for almost 5 miles. He was likely running my plate for some reason. He never pulled me over, thought. I figured he was just waiting for me to "drift" a little where he could stop me for "wandering" in my lane. But it never happened.

Edited by Jack Mayer

www.jackdanmayer.com