Getting ready for trip positive vibes please

Vegas Teacher

Howdy all......

Hey I am in the final countdown for what will be my first big trip, leaving on Monday at 5:00 a.m. Went to see my mechanic today he was going over all of my systems for me today and doing a parked regen just to make sure the truck was ready. 

So if you read this please think some good thoughts for us on our trip.

Thanks,

Cory O 

12 hours ago, Tahoe Shark said:

Cory, we all have this feeling when we are new to the trucks! Just start the journey.

Yup! Agree!  You will be listening to everything.  Then after a couple of hours, it will fade to normal background. 

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Howdy Cory,

Geterdone 😄

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Yup! Agree!  You will be listening to everything.  Then after a couple of hours, it will fade to normal background. 

This is a very true statement; I feel this way every year just before we start traveling.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

3 hours ago, dblr said:

This is a very true statement; I feel this way every year just before we start traveling.

8 hours ago, Sculptor said:

I'm the exact opposite.... if I don't hear the rattles and squeaks I know to stop and see what fell off....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

10 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

I'm the exact opposite.... if I don't hear the rattles and squeaks I know to stop and see what fell off....

That one made me laugh!

I remember the day I heard new noises coming from my vehicle. Turned out it was because I'd turned the radio off.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

. Turned out it was because I'd turned the radio off.

Good point.  When learning a new vehicle, don't turn on the radio.  Well, at least not very loud.  Get comfortable with the subtleties of the sounds, and especially the vibrations.  Pay attention to where you interface with the vehicle, especially your feet.  You'll be amazed at what those floor boards can divulge.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Cory   Have a great trip and remember if you get out here to the east coast of Va we can put you the 5er and the truck up for your visit with power and drainage. And a tour the the worlds largest naval Base. Just relax and enjoy the scenery. Have a great summer!!  Pat

The Old Sailor

6 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

The joy of owning an old truck!  With that being said, I've put about 13k miles on mine since buying it a year ago, and the sucker does what it's supposed to do every day without complaint. 

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon