Canada Welcoming Fully Vaccinated USA Folks Again

FULLTIMEWANABE

Just announced couple hours ago, that we are opening up 5 more airports (besides the major 4) and our border to welcome fully vaccinated USA Citizens and permanent residents again.   Certain rules/test but a step in a positive direction, especially for those transiting to Alaska etc.   Looking forward to the USA's response hopefully due soon.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/border

Looking forward to welcoming back all our friends from down south August 9th.   YEAH!

Edited by FULLTIMEWANABE

5 minutes ago, whj469 said:

Some where I read that the Canadian Government will require a US Government issued proof of shots? Where do I get that?

I know there is a lot of push back on a "COVID passport" but back in the day we had to carry our yellow shot records along with our passports. If you, like us have the card that was filled out when you got your shot(s) do you not think this would suffice?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Sadly and it's all third hand chit chat, but we are hearing a lot of folks trying to test the system through ArriveCan (Think I got that right?), and they are basically not admissible (might be too premature date start wise??).   Also with test having to be within 72 hrs (test not results!) it's going to be quite the challenge.   Too many hoops and loopholes sadly to get too excited, but with that said do agree in protecting ourselves from both sides of the fence as priority No 1 first and foremost.

Lot of folks up here are anticipating as fast as they propose this 9th August opening that it'll be halted again.   Out of curiosity we closely monitor the UK, and they opened up fast and furious on flights etc a while back with no quarantine, and then due to high numbers, started shutting down again.   They are still at around 50,000 cases a day but from Monday are saying fully opened.   We are cognisant of the land mass and the population size density wise which plays a big part on close proximities for spread and so on we'd think.   

Alas, it still looks like we are a long ways away from any form of "once upon a time leading to happily ever after".    Finding myself humming Vera Lynn lately = We'll meet again, don't know where don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day"

Stay safe everyone, and enjoy what travels you can whilst you can in your country.  

51 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

I know there is a lot of push back on a "COVID passport" but back in the day we had to carry our yellow shot records along with our passports. If you, like us have the card that was filled out when you got your shot(s) do you not think this would suffice?

I've read that those cards given to us are now being forged.  A new, safe way of tracking is needed.  I took a photo of our cards for our phone just in case we're asked and we do have the hard copy.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Well the cost of doing 2 test (one pre test and one at-home test at the border) means not going to do it for a trip to enjoy a day in Vancouver or Victoria BC, so common before the pandemic during the summer in Western Washington.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We just returned from Costa Rica, and the US requires a negative COVID test taken within 48 hours of your return. There was COVID testing available at every pharmacy, and even at the airport itself. We did our test at the airport and had results within 30 minutes. The cost was $65.

Once testing became required for travelling between countries, the testing facilities were put into place very quickly and made quite convenient. As Barb says pretty inconvenient for a quick day trip, but certainly not enough to stifle travel for those who really want to go. But if you happen to test positive, things will get interesting...

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

4 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

I've read that those cards given to us are now being forged.  A new, safe way of tracking is needed.  I took a photo of our cards for our phone just in case we're asked and we do have the hard copy.

Yes, it would have been nice if once you had your second shot they would have laminated it like a drivers license with a hard to forge (note I did not say impossible) laminate.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

Yes, it would have been nice if once you had your second shot they would have laminated it like a drivers license with a hard to forge (note I did not say impossible) laminate.

But you will probably need a third shot, and there is room 9n the card we received for that 3rd shot.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

19 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Well the cost of doing 2 test (one pre test and one at-home test at the border) means not going to do it for a trip to enjoy a day in Vancouver or Victoria BC, so common before the pandemic during the summer in Western Washington.  

Check with a local Walgreens.  Ours here in upstate  NY will do either Rapid (ID Now) test which is not on the Canada acceptable list or the PCR which is for free.  One problem - the typical results of the PCR test is 2-3 days, and Canada wants the test within 3 days of entry...

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

On 7/19/2021 at 2:05 PM, Chalkie said:

And is the US welcoming our northern neighbors as well?

On 7/19/2021 at 3:08 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

No word, yet.

U.S. continues travel limits on northern border despite Canada's plan to open to fully vaccinated Americans | The Spokesman-Review

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

The way numbers are climbing Canada may cancel that Aug. 9 re-opening. The U.S.A. is now at 609,999 deaths attributed to COVID-19.

ref: https://covidusa.net/

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

15 hours ago, chindog said:

Can you provide a link to the possible cancellation?  I searched, but could not find any announcements from the Canadian government.

Ray, IN said Canada *may* cancel...just an opinion, but nothing official.  However, I tend to agree with Ray...with the rapid increase in COVID among the unvaccinated, I wouldn't doubt that Canada will rethink their opening date.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

covid19-vaccination-record-card-on-whiteGovernment approved does not necessarily mean government issued. The CDC has approved the card below to be issued by the vaccinating facility. It was issued in .pdf format and possibly some others but the organization prints them so they are not all the same color.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, whj469 said:

How do you get a Government approved document that indicates I have received the vaccines? What I have is issued by Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX? 

This topic is on Canada so that's what I assume you're asking...... You need to fill out information on this app & a link to the app is given here.  Look under 'Proof of Vaccination'.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel