"Doom" is word used in latest CDC press conference by new CDC director

I had my hair cut today at a salon that requires everyone wear a mask. To trim around my ears, the stylist pulled one side of my mask down and around so it still fit tightly over my nose and mouth then clipped it to the top edge of the cape so it would stay there. I felt safe. Yes I've been immunized but there's still a lot going on out there and even the shots are not 100% effective.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Brisbane hasn't called a 2 week lock down. Where do you get that information? Brisbane has a 3 day lockdown following 2 small outbreaks. As of this morning there are 8 cases in a population of 1.7 million. All but 2 of the cases have come from health/hospital workers who havent been vaccinated. 2 are still being investigated. We have had 0 cases for sometime. The lockdown comes on the day the federal government stopped the covid job support money. The state and federal governments are from the left and right side of politicians. Many are saying the lockdown in the week proceeding Easter is simply politics between state and feds.

FWIW the last few cases haven't resulted in lock downs giving credence to the political nature of the lockdown.

Australia has gone several weeks with no community cases. The lockdown is seen as a political action by most folks. 

With my pea brain I can't think of his real name at the moment but we lost an escapee with the handle of DevilishJim a few months back.  This sucker is so unpredictable that it can affect anyone at anytime. We still don't know all there is to know about it.

BTW if anyone has heard give us an update on how his DW is.

For your information RV and folks I was just posting the latest news today from your lovely new CDC Director about what she officially and in public said about the resurgence covid cases and her feelings of impending doom.  You always want to shoot the messenger which is typical of juvenile  yankee pasha thinking.  My reason for posting was as a conservation piece and insight into yankee thinking.  It worked.  TTB RV if it upset you and I will give myself 20 lashes before midnight.

I personally am not concerned about any of this and could care  

Happy Trails to my yankee friends.  Remember I have my vest on.  "sticks and stones may break my bones but  words                             This is fun

https://www.facebook.com/William-C-Perkins-Former-Army-Medevac-and-UN-Civilian-Rescue-pilot-367760116681163 

227-capt-perkins-with-bell-212-evergreen-in-tokyo(1).jpg.b468bf06502d48667aa55538e78bedef.jpg

Well, since Yankees were those who fought against the British to ensure freedom for this country, I would have thought that all persons who valued those freedoms would consider themselves "Yankees".

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

I had my hair cut today at a salon that requires everyone wear a mask. To trim around my ears, the stylist pulled one side of my mask down and around so it still fit tightly over my nose and mouth then clipped it to the top edge of the cape so it would stay there. I felt safe. Yes I've been immunized but there's still a lot going on out there and even the shots are not 100% effective.

Linda

Had my done 2 weeks ago, 2 weeks and 1 day after my second vaccine dose.   Sounds like the salon here in the park.  Everyone masked, slowly worked around the ears.   Felt so great to get 1 year's worth of hair - GONE!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

4 hours ago, Big Rick said:

on percentage the number of deaths from COVID is fairly small. 

I am 70 had COVID, recovered quickly. Most people do. Way Far more people had recovered than died.

550K+ and conting have died.  That isn't insignificant.  Over 1/2 million people in this country are dead.   And MOST didn't need to die if we had all done those things that would help to slow the spread while they worked on a vaccine.   That you were lucky to have a mild case and recover is wonderful.  Others aren't so lucky.   I have a cousin who has long-haul symptoms, especially the 'brain fog' that still lingers at times.   He's 70, recovered in about 10 days, but the long term lingering effects aren't fun.   Everyone is different in how they handle the virus, what their viral load is and which variant they catch.   We will have people who will spend the rest of their lives with problems as a result of their infection.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Yes as a yankee I agree with your obvious statement and complement Barb and I freely use the term yankee as it is shorter to spell than American but I am sure bright bulbs on the forum noticed this.  Many of the Brits I lived and flew with overseas referred constantly to us as yanks and I in turn called them limeys, etc.

All done in good fun and jest and unlike this sensitive bunch no was offended.

Cheers to any  sour grapes in the area.  

P.S. I will still use the term yankee as I want to.

I completed my civic duty by posting the up to date factual news article as the OP.  I will not be viewing any more comments as I am bored now.

This quote is for you B.  Cheers

"Your words are as weak as water" said an actor in a movie. 

(1) Capt. William C. Perkins International Helicopter, Operations, Asia, ME | Facebook

227-capt-perkins-with-bell-212-evergreen-in-tokyo(1).jpg.b468bf06502d48667aa55538e78bedef.jpg

Water, one of the strongest molecules in the universe, responsible for life on planet earth, capable of crushing mountains all because of 2 hydrogen-oxygen bonds with an interior angle of 104.5 °

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

16 hours ago, Big Rick said:

on percentage the number of deaths from COVID is fairly small. 

I am 70 had COVID, recovered quickly. Most people do. Way Far more people had recovered than died.

Your definition of "recovered" ??? - and percentage of "most"??

Recovered = Back to the same level of previous pre-covid health - or??

Until you know someone who is/was not as lucky as you were......"recovery" for some only means no longer on a vent, and out of the hospital - a statistic!  

Even after "recovering" at a recovery facility (after hospital discharge) - and at home (6 months later) - brain fog and 60 percent lung function.  For a (formerly) VERY healthy firefighter with 4 kids - it's a career ending situation. Guess he missed out on being one of the most!

😕

55 minutes ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Your definition of "recovered" ??? - and percentage of "most"??

Recovered = Back to the same level of previous pre-covid health - or??

Until you know someone who is/was not as lucky as you were......"recovery" for some only means no longer on a vent, and out of the hospital - a statistic!  

Please do not turn this into another argument about covid.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

30 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

But , what if there are more than one voice from the same source ? ;)

Hopefully, all will ignore all of the voices.  Jay and Kirk are right - time to move on :)

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

On 3/30/2021 at 4:54 PM, DanZemke said:

Hopefully, all will ignore all of the voices.

Wait, I'm not the only one that hears voices??  I feel so happy now!

I was going to say something else but forgot with all the very loud screaming going on in me pumpkin..... Peace-out y'all!

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

OHHH, now I remember!  I'm watching the original (?) American version of Godzilla.  Do y'all think the thousands of Japanese would have survived if they would have listened to the warnings about Godzilla attacking?  Is/was Godzilla considered a virus?

No, not making fun of covid, well... I know it's serious but not a dayum thing bitc..hing about it can do.  Do your part, social distance, wear a mask, get the shots and give it time, it will work it's self out in time.  Do your part.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, NamMedevac 70 said:

For your information RV and folks I was just posting the latest news today from your lovely new CDC Director about what she officially and in public said about the resurgence covid cases and her feelings of impending doom.  You always want to shoot the messenger which is typical of juvenile  yankee pasha thinking.  My reason for posting was as a conservation piece and insight into yankee thinking.  It worked.  TTB RV if it upset you and I will give myself 20 lashes before midnight.

I personally am not concerned about any of this and could care  

Happy Trails to my yankee friends.  Remember I have my vest on.  "sticks and stones may break my bones but  words                             This is fun

https://www.facebook.com/William-C-Perkins-Former-Army-Medevac-and-UN-Civilian-Rescue-pilot-367760116681163