No FREE ice cream

rynosback

At DQ®, we like to sweeten the start of spring with Free Cone Day, a fan-favorite event that attracts long lines at our restaurants. In light of the growing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), and the precautions established by the World Health Organization and government agencies around large public gatherings, we made the difficult decision to postpone this year’s Free Cone Day, which was scheduled for Thursday, March 19 in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

The health and wellbeing of our fans and crew members is our top priority, and we look forward to rescheduling at a later date when we know more.

DQ stores remain open and our focus is to provide a clean and safe place for our fans to continue to enjoy their favorite foods and treats. We are following our everyday cleaning and sanitation practices that meet and often exceed local, state and government standards. We also have increased the frequency of employee handwashing and cleaning of high-contact areas in our restaurants including door handles, pin pads for transactions, condiment and beverage stations, countertops and fan seating areas.

We are continuing to monitor updates on the coronavirus and are following the guidance provided by the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Health Canada.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

All 3 of our sons work in the software industry. One has been working from home for quite some time but the other two were both notified yesterday to do so until further notice.One of the two told yesterday is a developer for the Army recruiting command.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yes, but take note "We are remaining open".  What is difference if the line is long for an ice cream cone or the lunch time crowd. Also they never mention that the BOGO on a Blizzard runs thru the 15th, tomorrow, is still going on. Of course that involves a purchase and a partial purchase. We went the other evening and the line was long.

5 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

Yes, but take note "We are remaining open".  What is difference if the line is long for an ice cream cone or the lunch time crowd. Also they never mention that the BOGO on a Blizzard runs thru the 15th, tomorrow, is still going on. Of course that involves a purchase and a partial purchase. We went the other evening and the line was long.

IMO this makes the original post moot.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

8 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

I wonder what outfit got the contract for this useless memo? 

That is a good question. I did get one from my insurance company that offers phone or internet claim service and one from a grocery loyalty card offering online shopping, but so far I think that those two are the only  ones from businesses. I have also had informational emails from the VA and from Medicare suggesting ways to avoid getting it. 

I got an email from Chase and BofA both telling me that they are remaining open but to make sure I have their mobil app and to try to use the app rather than go into a branch. I also got an email from Geico saying to use their app as well. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

On 3/15/2020 at 10:23 AM, filthy-beast said:

Maybe it will sink in. They are basically the same message.

If you're under the weather stay home.

Wash your hands more.

We are washing things you touch more.

Calm down, carry on!

Exactly!  I estimate I've received a dozen such emails, which IMO are not useless, I consider them re-enforcement of good practice.

Yesterday we did our monthly grocery shopping; kept our distance from others and did what you said. That was the first time away from home in 3 weeks, next week is Dr. appts. which concerns me, we have hand sanitizer in all vehicles to use as soon as we re-enter the vehicle.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We have eye appointments on Thursday and both offices contacted us today to verify that we were not ill and to have us check for any fever. Asked us to take our temperatures before we go in on Thursday. What we really found interesting was that both asked pretty much the same questions and one was a civilian opthamologist office while the other was the VA. 

3 hours ago, filthy-beast said:

I had an annual physical scheduled for tomorrow. The office called and ask me to delay until May, they are swamped and no reason to come in, just in case somebody really does have it.

If you don't need emergency dental work it's recommend that you wait until this is over for routine things.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, 2gypsies said:

If you don't need emergency dental work it's recommend that you wait until this is over for routine things.

It sounded like he was seeing his internist for a physical not a dentist or oral surgeon. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

30 minutes ago, rynosback said:

It sounded like he was seeing his internist for a physical not a dentist or oral surgeon. 

Yes, I understand  I was just adding the recommendation out now for seeing a dentist, also.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

18 hours ago, sandsys said:

I would call the doctor to find out what to do.

Linda

I did this morning, phone consultations only for the next ???. To me that means the Dr., based upon what I describe, will prescribe medications and treatment options.

I'm not upset, if the Drs. don't protect themselves, who will care for us laypeople when we are sick and injured? Three Drs have died in China already.

My son told me that his kids DDS has called him and cancelled their 6 month checkup and is not rescheduling yet at this time. He lives in Omaha NE. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer