Sn%!&w!!!!!!!!!!!!

runaway parents

Ok which one of you guys mentioned the sn word I jus cant force myself to say it. I will  describe it to you its white wet to dang cold. This stuff has surrounded the Wenatchee valley guess we are going to skip fall and go straight into winter. The leaves on the trees haven't changed colors yet. Got a freeze warning out for Tuesday night forecasters are advising to turn off outside water and drain sprinkler systems. What the heck. wanted to go camping a couple more times before we put the rig away for the winter. At least this winter I wont be building a trk bed out in the weather in the drive way not going to miss that. If we get our jeep this spring and the rivers don't rise we might make it to the west coast rally next year. We will see. Seems like the last few years every time we plan on something fun something comes up and derails our plan, So I am going to temp fait and say we are going to be there NOCK on wood.

If you wish, please ship some of that "sn stuff" South!!  In South TX it's so warm that the tap water has become too hot to drink!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

1 hour ago, scubadave said:

Wenatchee Valley is on the east side of the Cascade range in Washington state. Directly east of Seattle.

Right in the Snow Belt. There, I said it. It's always funny when it hits South of us, and we're having great weather. Hopefully it'll co-operate when we're ready to head south. Montana weather can leave a little to be desired, if it gets the mind to.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Hopefully it is just a fluke and you will get some more good weather before winter sets in.  I also hope you guys can make it back to the WCR next year.  I’m interested to see the changes to your rig, oh and of course you guys too ;).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

16 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Ok which one of you guys mentioned the sn word I jus cant force myself to say it. I will  describe it to you its white wet to dang cold. This stuff has surrounded the Wenatchee valley guess we are going to skip fall and go straight into winter. The leaves on the trees haven't changed colors yet. Got a freeze warning out for Tuesday night forecasters are advising to turn off outside water and drain sprinkler systems. What the heck. wanted to go camping a couple more times before we put the rig away for the winter. At least this winter I wont be building a trk bed out in the weather in the drive way not going to miss that. If we get our jeep this spring and the rivers don't rise we might make it to the west coast rally next year. We will see. Seems like the last few years every time we plan on something fun something comes up and derails our plan, So I am going to temp fait and say we are going to be there NOCK on wood.

Howdy runaway parents,

Well that sucks, Donna and I are on our way over to Chelan, to spend a few days in one of her time share condos before my next knee surgery.  We should get there about 5:PM or so this afternoon if we make it over the Pass.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

4 hours ago, mr. cob said:

on our way over to Chelan, ....... if we make it over the Pass.

Dave

I sure hope it melts fast.... I will be going through there this coming monday on my way by car to ND... Don't want to be stuck on the road with a 10 month old....  COME ON HEAT!!!

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

51 minutes ago, NDBirdman said:

I sure hope it melts fast.... I will be going through there this coming monday on my way by car to ND... Don't want to be stuck on the road with a 10 month old....  COME ON HEAT!!!

Howdy ND B

We Just a few minutes ago came over Stevens Pass on Hwy 2, NO SNOW not even on the shoulders.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Just now, mr. cob said:

Howdy ND B

We Just a few minutes ago came over Stevens Pass on Hwy 2, NO SNOW not even on the shoulders.

Dave

Cool, thanks for the update.  I'm a little nervous about taking my granddaughter on her first road trip.  Little over 1,450 miles, don't need to run into that slick stuff and giver her a ride she might enjoy while scaring the wits out of myself and daughter!  Now to do the heat dance for Montana!  From ND we are heading south but the first week or so of November... will be making that trip back to Seattle.  Sure wish I could have been fortunate to have a better time of year to drive this trip.  Sure wish my daughter was not afraid of flying... LOL, but it is what it is.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Here on the prairies of southern Alberta we received approx 18inches of wet, heavy, crystal white snow between Saturday afternoon and early Monday morning. Here in Lethbridge and area (actually pretty much anything south of Hwy 1 from the Saskatchewan border to the BC border) it closed all schools, most roads/highways, cancelled city buses, closed university and college, etc. Even today many businesses even the shopping centers were still closed. Any non-main roads are pretty much impassable. Didn't get much more than 1 or 2 degrees below freezing. Supposed to be +7 celsius by Wednesday.....sloppy days here we come......

Had to quickly put the snowblower on the little tractor so I could clear us a path out. Snow is so wet and heavy it just about can't be blown.

Amazing.  Part of climate change?  I don't think we can argue about that anymore, it is here and will possibly get worse.  Meanwhile in Central Virginia they are calling for a record breaking 97F that will surpass a 91F for the date set 100 years ago.  And we don't leave for our winter haven in Florida until December 3rd where it is currently a few degrees cooler.  BTW - September has been the 5th driest on record here after the 3rd wettest winter and spring of 2019.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Here in Monticello UT, it's 51c  at 7:00a, high today about 75ish.  Great motorcycling weather.  Back home in Indiana, it's supposed to be 96 today, with a dew point of 66.  Yuk.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Bend, Oreeegun.....just enough white crap to make sure we are tanked up with enough diesel to get non-$top to Last Chance Peak camp just East of Death Valley next week ......only be about 90f in death valley so will need to soak in the 104f hot springs to keep the frostbite away......geezer stew....

Sell the snowblower and drive South....

Drive on......($outh)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

3 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

Bend, Oreeegun.....just enough white crap to make sure we are tanked up with enough diesel to get non-$top to Last Chance Peak camp just East of Death Valley next week ......only be about 90f in death valley so will need to soak in the 104f hot springs to keep the frostbite away......geezer stew....

Death Valley Days is coming up the first of November.  It's a fun time.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Howdy All,

We are at the condo in Chelan WA, no snow on the ground except for high in the hills probably about the 4,000 foot level, bright sunshine, 56 degrees, really quite nice for this area this time of year.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

What a difference a day makes .I am looking at a thermo meter it  is telling me that it is 60 degrees out there in the Wenatchee area the snow is definitely retreating back up in to the hills. Snow level got down to about 2500 ft last week end. It was kind of a weird year any way only had a couple days of 100 degree heat all summer long.  Hardly any forest fires very little smoke. Strange. Might just head up to banks lake and do a little walleye fishing this weekend. Kayaks are still loaded on the truck. Just have to hitch up the trailer and we are off

9 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

Sell the snowblower and drive South....

Drive on......($outh)

Heck if I could afford it I would give our snow blower to the first person that came along  . and head south. but there is another four lettered  word that stands in the way.( WARNING THE NEXT WORD YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE MAY BE OFFENSIVE AND MAY BE NOT SUITABLE FOR SINSITIVE RETIRED VEWERS THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING LOOK AWAY NOW).     "work"  Sorry about that back to sensitivity classes for me. Dw says stop dropping four lettered word bombs on the forum.(snow  then the worst one the work one) I promise I will do better tomorrow.:huh:

39 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

Heck if I could afford it I would give our snow blower to the first person that came along  . and head south. but there is another four lettered  word that stands in the way.( WARNING THE NEXT WORD YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE MAY BE OFFENSIVE AND MAY BE NOT SUITABLE FOR SINSITIVE RETIRED VEWERS THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING LOOK AWAY NOW).     "work"  Sorry about that back to sensitivity classes for me. Dw says stop dropping four lettered word bombs on the forum.(snow  then the worst one the work one) I promise I will do better tomorrow.:huh:

Howdy runaway parents,

Mind you, I wouldn't wish this on my worstest enemy, but talking about s*#w and W@^K may cause algae to grow in ones diesel tanks.😮

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

35 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy runaway parents,

Mind you, I wouldn't wish this on my worstest enemy, but talking about s*#w and W@^K may cause algae to grow in ones diesel tanks.😮

Dave

Ok ok  75 degrees rainbows and unicorns for every body .I am really going to try harder tomorrow. I hope this gets me out of trouble. Dw dose not think its going to work she thinks I will get kicked off the forum for mentioning such awful things. Well better go for now got to get ready for wo........ oops almost did it again . I am going down to buy algae killer for the diesel tanks tomorrow. have fun in Chelan

7 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Death Valley Days is coming up the first of November.  It's a fun time.

Look up EngelsCoachShop on youtube.  He re-constructed the wagons for the twenty mule team wagon train.  Rear wheels are 1080# each.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net