Jump to content

Taking your toys with you


rynosback
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have seen several stacker trailers like that in my travels.  They are no different than the big enclosed stackers, just a little cheaper because of the exposed design.  This style is lighter than the enclosed style also.  As long as the DP pulling it is rated properly for the weight, I see no issue with it and would consider it as an option for me if I had a DP and wanted all my toys with me as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That picture provides somewhat of an optical illusion on the height of the boat on the trailer.  I would bet if you measured it it would not be any taller than the the Class A is.  In fact, assuming the Class A is near 13' (plus or minus) tall at the air conditioner (which many large class A's are) the trailer won'y be much taller if at all.  The tallest anyone can be legally going down the road is 13'6".  My 5th wheel is 13'4" tall at the air conditioners.

Edited by Chad Heiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

That picture provides somewhat of an optical illusion on the height of the boat on the trailer. 

To help me understand that illusion I mentally compared it to a trailer hauling two levels of cars. A boat on a trailer on the ground with an outboard motor attached is not taller than a typical car. So how could that loaded trailer possibly be taller than a bi-level auto rack? Would that make it tall enough to have problems in most campgrounds? I don't know. How many 5th wheels that tall do you see in your campgrounds?

Linda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sandsys said:

To help me understand that illusion I mentally compared it to a trailer hauling two levels of cars. A boat on a trailer on the ground with an outboard motor attached is not taller than a typical car. So how could that loaded trailer possibly be taller than a bi-level auto rack? Would that make it tall enough to have problems in most campgrounds? I don't know. How many 5th wheels that tall do you see in your campgrounds?

Linda

I think we are saying the same thing.  I am saying the trailer is not as tall as it appears compared to the RV in the background because of perspective.  I don't think this trailer is taller than a typical stacker rack.  I think it is the same height or lower than the RV.

As to your question about 5th wheels, most of the large 5th wheels rolling down the road (the 40 footer range trailers) are at least 12 feet tall and closer to 13 feet at the air conditioners.  Every current DRV coming off the assembly line is somewhere between 13 feet tall and 13 feet 6 inches tall at the air conditioner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

When there is a will, there is a way! We had our truck built and customized so we can bring our motorcycles, but then wanted to haul a side x side to have some more fun in the desert so I designed and engineered a method to carry our side x side on the roof of the truck garage. We use a Spitzlift mini crane to pick up the side x side to put on the roof or back to get where we need to go. 

Total with the unit on top we are 13'-2"! 

 

Full Set up resized.jpg

Resized.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigboomer said:

When there is a will, there is a way! We had our truck built and customized so we can bring our motorcycles, but then wanted to haul a side x side to have some more fun in the desert so I designed and engineered a method to carry our side x side on the roof of the truck garage. We use a Spitzlift mini crane to pick up the side x side to put on the roof or back to get where we need to go. 

Total with the unit on top we are 13'-2"! 

You win!     :) 

Linda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2018 at 9:36 PM, Chad Heiser said:

I have seen several stacker trailers like that in my travels.  They are no different than the big enclosed stackers, just a little cheaper because of the exposed design.  This style is lighter than the enclosed style also.  As long as the DP pulling it is rated properly for the weight, I see no issue with it and would consider it as an option for me if I had a DP and wanted all my toys with me as well.

Ditto.

Just goes to show - you CAN take ALL your toys with you!........  Is there room for something he missed?

Saw one similar a few years ago at Avi Casino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...