Jack Pads

SWharton

We are fed up with our yellow jack pads, just don't work for our camping. RVGeeks recommend these and we were wondering if there are any other options out there. Also, If you have these we would appreciate comments of what you think of them and how they work in grass.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PX1KITE/?coliid=I1SYJAIJKSNXSD&colid=3HPG7M9WER91&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

image.png.58115a7c573b47eeee5041b3cfde22f8.png

Thanks as usual...............

We use the stall mats for under our tires when parked for a while. We are looking for firm jack pads, the plastic ones just bend too much as would stall mats. We don't want to go to wood as that gets too heavy. We are in a MH and the jacks take a lot of weight. Think the stall mats would work great for a 5th though.

Thanks

I have the above referenced jack pads.  They are very stout and work well.  While I think they are a little expensive, I bought them anyway and am happy I have them when I get into a site that is not level.  It helps stability to not use so much stroke on the auto leveling jacks.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

11 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

An option I chose after considering these 👆 was a 4x6 barn stall mat, $35 @ Tractor Supply. It's 3/4" thick vs the 1.5" here but many times it's the perfect height, and at 3/4" the increments are more controllable. I cut 'em into 9" squares and if you do the math you can see that I ended up with more than enough, I actually stopped cutting when I had 20 pads thinking this should cover the worst camp spot that I'll consider using. Besides the leveling detail I'll use the pads at the tongue jack and stabilizers as well, every time, paved or not. I also have Lynx Levelers and use them when needed to get more height and the mat squares that I cut are the same dimension and work really swell at keeping the Lynx pads from sinking or settling into the earth.

Thanks for the tip.  I like the idea.  We currently use wood 2x10x10 blocks under the jacks to reduce the ram of the jacks.  Been working great for three years.  But when I place then under the wheels they tend to crack.  But like you said, I could have between 2 -7 blocks under any given jack to solve any leveling problem.  Plus it distributes the load even better.

attachment.php?attachmentid=377505&d=152

attachment.php?attachmentid=377497&d=152

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

3 hours ago, rynosback said:

Thanks for the tip.  I like the idea.  We currently use wood 2x10x10 blocks under the jacks to reduce the ram of the jacks.  Been working great for three years.  But when I place then under the wheels they tend to crack.

You can solve the cracking problem by screwing two of the 10x10 blocks together, with one rotated 90 degrees from the other so the grain on the two blocks cross, like the plies in plywood

Regards

John

DON'T FEED THE VULTURES!

My Body is a Temple!  Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .

I Don't Like to Make Advanced Plans.  They Cause the Word "PREMEDITATED" to Get Thrown Around in Court!

MyMapS.jpg

Pine boards are not heavy once they have aged for a year or two.  I solved the cracking problem by drilling through from the edges and inserting threaded steel rod tightened with washers and nuts.  They worked and looked so good that I even finished them with stain and a waterproof sealant.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Paranoid said:

You can solve the cracking problem by screwing two of the 10x10 blocks together, with one rotated 90 degrees from the other so the grain on the two blocks cross, like the plies in plywood

I did that also, but I glued the boards as well as using deck screws. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Been using Utility Blocks for years and they are holding up great.  I bought 8 of them, which is two packages.  Before that I went through a lot of boards that eventually broke.  I  learned quickly both the orange and yellow Lego style blocks could not handle the weight of a diesel pusher and they would also warp in hot weather.  The Utility Blocks work in grass, but they can sink into the ground, if it is soft just like anything else.  On soft ground you need very large blocks on the bottom of the stack, maybe 2'x2' plywood?  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

20 hours ago, Optimistic Paranoid said:

I ran them as singles for about 2 years and now have most of them nailed in blocks of two for the last year.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I forgot about those..................I tried to get some for a previous rig and they didn't have the size. New rig, a MH, and now they have the size. A few questions: Has one ever fallen off? Do they work well in soft ground? Any problems that you have had with them? How long have you used them?

We have over a year on our SnapPads.  Sure made a difference not having to get on our knees to put pads in place.  On the fifth-wheel, it wasn't so bad because the jacks were near the edge but on the Bounder, the jacks are on the frame and that is way under.

On our 10" jacks, the SnapPads cover almost the same area as the 16" square pads we had been using..

Never worried about them coming off, they really snap onto the jack pad.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived