Flip Flop New Horizons

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Evergreen-RV-Center-2749536/listing/2013-New-Horizons-Majestic-47BBKSS-119709884

For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would want a reverse/mirror image floor plan. In all the parks we have stayed in, not one would work for the off side hook ups.

It must have been built for an Aussie couple that decided not to take it home.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Now that just looks weird. :blink:

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Man that is really strange! It would work good for me but only when I am at my home base park, but other then that you would always be facing the door of the RV next to you.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

It could of been made for a motorhome only RV park... Where we winter there are several spots that a motorhome can pull straight into the spots and have a view out the front window...

Terry and Lindsey

and our Border Collie Daisy Mae

2008 Select Suites 36 TK3

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab DRW

Fulltimers since May 20, 2015

In the old days, I would've just said that someone put the negative in backwards when they printed the photograph, but................

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

In the old days, I would've just said that someone put the negative in backwards when they printed the photograph, but................

You can still mirror images today electronically, but if that was the case all the text on the outside of the trailer would be backwards.

It definitely looks strange.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

I vote for the theory of built for a pull in motorhome space. I know there are a bunch in the keys like that where you pull in for the view out the front window. Or perhaps built for non-campground stays where family or friends stay in next spot and both doors would then open onto the common area between the campers. Fairgrounds, events, etc. Also it is short on outside pics, could still have hookups on the correct side to plug in even though the door is on the "wrong" side.

Come to think of it, way back years ago I had my first new (race trailer based) fifth wheel vending trailer built "backwards" like that. It is WAY easier to get the trailer positioned in tight spaces at events when the business side of the trailer is where the driver can see it instead of on the blind side. Liked it so much I had my second vending trailer built that way too. You are correct though, the roadside door was not good in a broke down on the side of the road situation.

That was built for a specific property where the view was that way. They simply flipped the floorplan.

I don't recall what unit number that is, but it is fairly old. The older models were pretty low to the ground. On my unit #8 we raised the profile 2" overall. And all units after that. There was another 2" raise in 2015. That was also on my unit, and all units after that. We also kicked the departure angle up some as well in 2015. The ground clearance now is just about right. Maximizes storage, but has a proper clearance for roadability.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived