Great week at ECR

Jim & Wilma

We headed home from ECR today, stopping overnight in Valdosta and reflecting on a great week. We reacquainted with old friends and met many new folks in the HDT family. We enjoyed all the seminars and socials and want to send a BIG thanks to Carl and Donna for all their efforts so the rest of us could enjoy a great time!

. . . and special thanks to Dan for the stash of onions!

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Adding to the list of thank to Carl and Donna and to the mysterious onion arrival. Is there a story behind it? Sad that I had to leave early and had to miss the project day. Was everyone successful in their electronic device? How about a link to the photos taken?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Great to see everyone and meet new folks! Wish we could have stayed longer but duty called. ha Hats off to Donna and Carl for the great job!

Cheers

Bill and Joan

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Yes, kudos to Donna and Carl. Carolyn and I enjoyed ourselves immensely and feel we made some great new friends. Our heads are still spinning from information overload. The one question we did answer for ourselves is that we do want to move in this direction. At this point in time who knows but full timing and a HDT is definitely a goal of ours for the future.

We would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome and hope to see everyone next years.

Sean

Sean

Sean and Carolyn, It was good to meet you and make friends. I hope you reserved your spot for next year. We are leaving Thursday and have already done so. I've also learned a lot again this year and will attend as long as we are able. I would imagine that the ECR will grow again next year and the Deer Run RV Resort has been more than accommodating. Also Thank you to Carl , Donna and everyone who gave seminars. They get you informed and thinking. I'd also like to see the ECR rule book that says you are required to gain 10 # from all the good food.....

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

It was great to see all our friends from last year, and meet our new friends this year!!

We had a great time at the ECR including replacing the waterpump on the M-11 and lowering the pin box twice (thanks to David Georgiahybred to point out my mistake) as I put it back in the same position the first time, everyone was a lot of help on this and a work of thanks to all that helped.

Carl and Donna, great job again this year, you two are amazing

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

X2 on congrats to Carl and Donna for another great rally. Thanks to Jim and Wilma fit getting this started.

We leave tomorrow but have reserved for next year.

Great time with good friends.

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

Thanks to everyone who helped this year and a special thanks to Carl and Donna for a great time. Roger, next time we might try the Volvo dealer in Crossville for needed parts. :D I did enjoy the chat we had going into town though.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks. These rallies are nothing without the great people who attend and contribute. Met many new and old friends. Safe travels.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Left today and had great weather to travel in, not like the wind & rain I had most of the way there. Great time thanks Carl and Donna for you do for this rally your hard work shows and we all appreciate it.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Just like everyone else Shirley and I want to thank Carl & Donna for making this Rally so educational and Fun! We got in on Thursday and visited the Makers Mark Distillery up in Ky. My brother and his wife came up with us but they left Sunday. We got to enjoy the entire week and with the great chow and liquid refreshment and friendly people it was a GREAT Time for all!! So again Thanks to Carl & Donna for making everything work so well' We made reservations for next year! After having supper at Arbys sat afternoon I did my walk around and saw a flat trailer tire. I jacked the 5er up pulled the tire off, rolled it over to Walmart(200 yards) got it fixed and then put it back on. My problem was I could not figure out how to get the spare tire down. On my other 2 5ers it had a release you just cranked it down. On this one I don't know and my dealer I called today didn't and the factory didn't return my call. I will try again tomorrow. But the silver lining is no damage. I could have blown out at 65 mph but the Lord was looking out for us. We got home yesterday and in one piece. A great trip! Pat

The Old Sailor

What a good time.

We left today, safely back home now, and parrot the previous thanks for all that helped with the rally and it's events.

Also much thanks to the Deer Run staff who worked so hard to make us at home.

Should any ever need a Bingo prize runner, I have references. :)

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

Our first East Coast Rally and not our last. Deer Run is a beautiful park. It was a little cold the first part of the week but Carl assured me he would correct that for next year. We are looking forward to our next one.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Our first East Coast Rally and not our last. Deer Run is a beautiful park. It was a little cold the first part of the week but Carl assured me he would correct that for next year. We are looking forward to our next one.

That guy Carl! He can do a lot of things!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Had a great time at the rally. Saw some old friends and made some new friends. Meant a lot of good people. I would like to ' Thank' Carl and Donna for all their hard work and how they made everyone feel like family. Got home Wednesday night about 9:30pm. About what time I thought I would get home. The only problem coming home this year was a tire monitor that want to send out false alarms. I must have had a dozen alarms. After last years trip home, when the first alarm went off this year I am saying to myself 'Not Again'. I will start a new post about false alarms on your tire monitor.

A good time was had my all,

Al

PS; Denver, the truck stayed nice and cool on the way home. Thanks again for your help.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

What a good time.

We left today, safely back home now, and parrot the previous thanks for all that helped with the rally and it's events.

Also much thanks to the Deer Run staff who worked so hard to make us at home.

Should any ever need a Bingo prize runner, I have references. :)

Well trained in the prize fetching....She said "No bring me the other one"! and you did! LOL

Take care and see ya down the road.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Sandra and I had a great time at the ECR and made reservations for next year as we left. It was great to see old friends and to make new ones. Carl and Donna know how to put on a great rally and the owners of Deer Run were great to us. we are already looking forward to next year. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Archived