How to make my blinkers louder

house

Any ideas on how to make my blinkers louder? My Freightliner 112 does not make any noise when the turn signals are turned on, also the dash indicators are not highly visible. That combined with the fact that it does not have auto cancelling turn signals leads to me forgetting it is on. If you drive for a really long time the computer yells at you but it takes like 10 minutes. Anyway not a huge issue but I am curious to hear if there is a way to boost the power of the blinkers.

Thanks

Nick

A couple of low cost 12-volt piezo (Sonalert) buzzers, one connected to each front turn signal lamp, should do the trick. A single buzzer wired to the flasher would also work, but that would be a little more complex to sort out the correct wires.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Sorta different solution to the same problem.......I installed a set of LED arrow turn indicators on the side view mirrors......sorta like modern trucks.

Now the upgraded Dollytrolley has a visual reminder that some geezer has left the turn signal on........

If the driver just looks into the mirrors once in a while it's hard to miss the RED blinking arrow......

The real reason I upgraded to the arrows was to try to get the lurkers that seem to like to pull up even with the drive axle and then just hang there....not good......so flip the left arrow to blink mode and most of them get the idea to complete the pass.

The not so fun part was fishing the small wires thru the mirror arms but heavy weed eater line makes a good fish tape and will not damage the power mirror wires.

Drive on.......(blink only so long.....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Hi Everyone,

I am also interested in adding extra turn signal indicators to my truck. I was thinking about adding extra indicators to the bottom of the mirrors. What lights would you use ? And where to you get the power from for the lights ? Where do you tap into ? I am looking for the easiest place to get the power from.

Thank for any help,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Sorta different solution to the same problem.......I installed a set of LED arrow turn indicators on the side view mirrors......sorta like modern trucks.

Now the upgraded Dollytrolley has a visual reminder that some geezer has left the turn signal on........

If the driver just looks into the mirrors once in a while it's hard to miss the RED blinking arrow......

The real reason I upgraded to the arrows was to try to get the lurkers that seem to like to pull up even with the drive axle and then just hang there....not good......so flip the left arrow to blink mode and most of them get the idea to complete the pass.

The not so fun part was fishing the small wires thru the mirror arms but heavy weed eater line makes a good fish tape and will not damage the power mirror wires.

DollyTrolley,

Brilliant!

They do seem to just "hang" there! Very annoying to say the least.

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

I would sit in the truck and test them out before hard wiring them.

A lot of people like them but for me the couple trucks I drove with them were a distraction when I looked in the mirror to change lanes are backed up at night. My work truck had them mounted down low just in front of the driver door. I like that a lot better I don't se it but the cars do.

Are they on the outside of the mirror or inside. I looked at that last year but was told I would be removing something from the back of the mirror that shouldn't be removed.

I think they put an led light strip down the edge of the mirror.

I've also seen sequential arrow turn signals for the rear of the trailer....4" x 12" rectangle or so

Are they on the outside of the mirror or inside. I looked at that last year but was told I would be removing something from the back of the mirror that shouldn't be removed.

I think they put an led light strip down the edge of the mirror.

I've also seen sequential arrow turn signals for the rear of the trailer....4" x 12" rectangle or so

Rodger,

As I recall I bought the little LED stick-on's turn arrow lights at Autozone ......they are intended to just be installed on the outside glass of the lower portion of each side view mirror.

They are not too bright so in the day light they are of limited visual value but at night they are just right .....not too bright but just bright enough.

Bronc is a professional driver so the arrows are not useful since he learned eons-ago to cancel the turn signal on the truck......when I drive for a few days in a row I find myself canceling the turn signals as well without the need of the mirror arrow lights.....

Drive on .....(Blink with.......care)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Find a horn like my 1995 Roadmaster has and install in the cab. Wire it to a relay so it honks each blink if the indicators.

Hey Not.........what did you say.........hang on a minute......I need to change my hearing-aid-bats...........

The thread was started because us Geezers can NOT hear the darn signal relay to start with........haveing had too may props in my ear in past-life I resorted to lights on the mirror.........Roadmaster horn might have merit but.........maybe a electro-majic-air-valve plumbed into the train horns would drain enough air out of the system so that the spring brake could set and then when the truck is stopped the geezer could shut the engine off and get out and notice that the turn signal is blinking and then the road-service geek could turn the signal off..........

And I thought my memory-loss mom-n-law was a little-off-level..........it's catching......

Drive on........( I hear a Buick Roadmaster horn........I just can't see him in the mirror)

Long time ago, Honda put beepers on some of their motorcycles. When the signal flashed, the beeper......well, beeped. Simple two wire thingy clipped to the headlight mount.

Should be simple enough to find a beeper and wire it in under the dash. I have one in an old foot locker under the workbench. ;)

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived