West Coast Rally in Sparks NV

MrSeas

According to the "head honchos" at the park....this type of overhang into the access road is "SOP" for the larger rigs. That's why they thought it might be wise to put us big boys in the rear of the park. We'll just make the best of it. Hope we can "make some shade". Going to be a hot weekend!

I'll bring some extra ice and beverages! Sure wish I had a

"mister system" for the patio area but can't use it anyway 'cuz of our droight!

Scott

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI: suppose to be in the 90's for the next week at least during the days.

and Whos trucks am i looking at with my computer during the Rally and what motors?

i had a unfortunate incident yesterday night with my primary laptop. it has ALL the software loaded on it and my backpack fell out of my

back seat of my pickup and it hit the pavement hard (very padded backpack plus a Very padded sleeve... needless to say broken screen

and broken hard drive (computer was asleep).

luckily my backup diagnostic laptop has all the software loaded EXCEPT for the software for the Volvo Motors. trying to get it reloaded on my backup

one but it doesnt like that laptop and dealing with Volvo hasnt been a walk in the park so far.... damn software is licensed PER computer and this computer

dont like the software. so far Volvo's solution ,is Factory restore the laptop and install there software FIRST. unfortunately not that simple with all the other

software loaded on it (lots of time it takes for the 40+ other HDT diagnostic programs loaded on it already) . Hopefully i get lucky and figure out the deal and

get it installed and working before the rally....

looking forward to seeing everybody at the Rally... you wont be lonely Long Dave, busy park and im sure you will have people over pestering you about your

setup.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

It's supposed to warm up a few more degrees before the weekend........At least it's dry desert heat! Did you try out the pool yet?

It was 109 here on Friday and 105 Saturday while I was welding up the hitch!

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Lou,

Best guess is an assortment of Volvos with Volvo motors,

Cummins M11,N14 and ISX. Some Frightliners, some T2000s, some Petes, some early CAT motors, Detroit motors, VCADS for Volvo operating parameters, Webco & Bendix ABS, some autoshifts, some UltraShifts

And some I may have missed.

I have a laptop running windows Vista that I have my Cummins InSite loaded on that I'm bringing...along with a printer.

Scott

Lou,

Best guess is an assortment of Volvos with Volvo motors,

Cummins M11,N14 and ISX. Some Frightliners, some T2000s, some Petes, some early CAT motors, Detroit motors, VCADS for Volvo operating parameters, Webco & Bendix ABS, some autoshifts, some UltraShifts

And some I may have missed.

I have a laptop running windows Vista that I have my Cummins InSite loaded on that I'm bringing...along with a printer.

Scott

i got pretty much everything else installed on this backup laptop. just the damn volvo software is a pain. Unfortunately its now called Volvo Premium Tech Tool 2.03.xx. Vcads was integrated

into PTT 2 so it didnt have to be installed seperate from PTT...

i got pretty much everything covered EXCEPT for Volvo Motors. got the Cat software , the PacCar (Kenworth/Pete) software, Detroit, Insite (cummins), both ABS, Eaton and Freedomline software (which is

Ancient at this point)... and a bunch of other misc stuff.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem

I'd love to make some changes to my settings if there is time Lou. I'll only be there for the weekend though. Driving a 99 Pete, Cat C12.

sounds like good fun. ill make time to squeeze ya in if need be.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

We'll be there Thursday shortly after noon or so (depends on when I can convince my DW to leave the house in the AM). I was able to get the truck and fiver washed yesterday so I am ready to go. If only work didn't get in the way of my fun time :o , otherwise I would already be there.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I'm on my way. In Great Falls,MT this morning. Had some work done at RV Haulers yesterday.It was in the high 40's low 50's last night..had to grab an extra blanket. It doesn't sound like cold is a problem there. :) Looks like at 72 feet long I'll be in the fire lane too. :)

Howdy All,

Well, I am parked, unloaded and fully setup at the West Coast Rally point, I am in site number 375. ATTENTION "Lou" I have a12 pack of Pepsi waiting for you, I'll toss a few in the fridge so they are nice and cold for you. :D

Edit just to let you folks know its HOT, but I have been told its a dry heat, its still freaking HOT especially for a Nor-Wetter. :unsure:

Dave

Dave:

Any sign of mosquitos and/or biting "no-see-um" bugs? I HATE BUGS!!!

If so, I may need to make a stop to get some bug repellant. Years ago, when I lived in the South East (land of humidity, bugs, snakes and gators), I used to carry Avon's Skin-So-Soft. It was a great bug repellant and I smelled pretty.

Jim

Dave:

Any sign of mosquitos and/or biting "no-see-um" bugs? I HATE BUGS!!!

If so, I may need to make a stop to get some bug repellant. Years ago, when I lived in the South East (land of humidity, bugs, snakes and gators), I used to carry Avon's Skin-So-Soft. It was a great bug repellant and I smelled pretty.

Jim

Howdy Jim,

I haven't been bothered by or seen any bugs yet, I don't think they will be a problem, well that is until some sweet smelling guy strolls by, most toiletries and their smell are like ringing a dinner bell to skitters and other blood sucking critters.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

This is for the benefit mostly for the Canadian sector. There may a silver lining in this ongoing issue with ICBC wanting me to get a Class 1 license. Scott is up to date on everything but this. I got thru the knowledge test last week and had driver training for Friday which the instructor cancelled and rescheduled for Sunday at 4 pm. Late Sat am he e-mailed the truck had been stolen from the yard. Can't say I don't believe him as on 2 occasions we go to the yard to pick up the truck, finding it had been left unlocked overnight.

Truck was found 40 miles away, interior damaged, 2 weeks ish to get it back. Now they want to use my rig. This after the trainer when first setting eyes on the rig said" Holly $hit, this will never pass, they won't know what to do".

So, we start with my unit Friday and go Saturday and Sunday. He will try again to book a road test if there is a cancellation. If no cancellation then as soon as possible. There is discussion of having me do a pretrip, all be it modified, 'cus at last check there are no slack adjusters on the trailer. And they will have me pull the break away but I could do the tug test as well. He didn't mention driving the course, but I've been on it in the full sized tractor and 48' trailer so that won't be a problem.

Bottom line is it may be a Class 1 pre trip, and a heavy trailer endorsement. Looks like I'm the Judas goat on this one.

I priced out flying down but it added up to over 2k. As much as I'd like to go, it's just not practical. Looks like I miss it by a week.

How bout backing Rally off till next weekend?? Any takers?

Lou, better the computer takes a header than you on the concrete or?? Laptop can be replaced.

Roger

Mr Cob: ill be in sparks tommorrow afternoon and planning to swing by if your gonna be around, we can take a peek at your ECM and see what it has to say to US...

Roger: yes the laptop can be replaced. getting software licenses to play nice with different laptop is a different story. they are tied to the hardware id of the laptop. so you can

take a identical model laptop and it wont work...found my older version of the Volvo software and got it loaded. should cover from 96 up to around 2008-2009 trucks.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

Well folks the "pre-rally" has begun! Lots of folks here and more on the way! Tomorrow the party really begins. Let's hope the simmering temps settle done a bit. The RV park is very nice and they love our "gentle giants"!

Scott

Well folks the "pre-rally" has begun! Lots of folks here and more on the way! Tomorrow the party really begins. Let's hope the simmering temps settle done a bit. The RV park is very nice and they love our "gentle giants"!

Scott

Scott,

Thoughts on parking for when i come??? what space you in?

Fulltimer Class of 2007

Mr Cob: ill be in sparks tommorrow afternoon and planning to swing by if your gonna be around, we can take a peek at your ECM and see what it has to say to US...

Roger: yes the laptop can be replaced. getting software licenses to play nice with different laptop is a different story. they are tied to the hardware id of the laptop. so you can

take a identical model laptop and it wont work...found my older version of the Volvo software and got it loaded. should cover from 96 up to around 2008-2009 trucks.

Howdy Lou,

I'll be here, I am parked in site number 375, I am to wore out to go anywhere or do anything after covering over 600 miles of Nevada desert over the last three days. I have COLD PEPSI waiting for you. I am looking forward to meeting you and talking to you about what the ECM says and what can be done. THANKS for offering your services to the group.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy Lou,

I'll be here, I am parked in site number 375, I am to wore out to go anywhere or do anything after covering over 600 miles of Nevada desert over the last three days. I have COLD PEPSI waiting for you. I am looking forward to meeting you and talking to you about what the ECM says and what can be done. THANKS for offering your services to the group.

Dave

Dave,

be seeing you tommorrow for sure. should be good times...

Fulltimer Class of 2007

Lou10,

Looking forward to meeting you!

Scott

looking forward to meeting you as well. along with everyone that shows up.

you said i could use your printer to print out settings correct?

Fulltimer Class of 2007

Scott

We just pulled over for the night somewhere in California. We are 150 miles from you and looking forward to meeting the group tomorrow

Archived