West Coast Rally in Sparks NV

MrSeas

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pre-rally day meeting new friends. Looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We are in the middle of moving and stretched for time but REALLY want to visit the rally. If we came up Saturday for a few hours would there be any parking available? It would just be our Freightliner with the Jeep on the back.

1993 Freightliner 3406C Cat, 400 HP, 9 speed, singled long, 3.91 ratio, 264" wheel base, 12' flat deck with dove tail

1997 F350 dually, 4wd conversion, intercooler, 3 inch intakes, WW2 compressor wheel, bellowed up-pipes,

2007 Ragen Toyhauler

4a8a58ec-58d7-48af-b0d7-9dd42cf5b43a_zps

Parking is covered. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Just let them know at the front gate you are with us and they will give you directions.

Thank you sir, see everyone tomorrow! Is there a particular time frame that is best?

1993 Freightliner 3406C Cat, 400 HP, 9 speed, singled long, 3.91 ratio, 264" wheel base, 12' flat deck with dove tail

1997 F350 dually, 4wd conversion, intercooler, 3 inch intakes, WW2 compressor wheel, bellowed up-pipes,

2007 Ragen Toyhauler

Whenever you can make it. We are doing a potluck breakfast Saturday morning at 9 ish, but other than that have no set plans for the group for the day.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

i want to take this opportunity to Thank every one of you that has attended for your hospitality and beverages and enjoyed talking to everybody.

looking forward to the next 2 days. just wished i could spend more time with everybody. ive had a blast so far...

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Howdy All,

Here are some photos of the attendees at the FIRST, West Coast HDT Rally. This is a group photo of most of the folks who attended this first ever "West Coast HDT Rally", held June 19th, 20th, 21st, 2015.

DSCF2076-L.jpg

I was the first to arrive, I came three days early so I could do some desert Ural riding with a couple of local Uralistas, here's my truck and trailer, I live in Washington. This is, Dave, "mr. cob"

DSCF2068-L.jpg

DSCF2038-L.jpg

DSCF2039-L.jpg

This is Rick and Carey, from Canada.

DSCF2065-L.jpg

DSCF2037-L.jpg

DSCF2036-L.jpg

This is Tom, Jodi,and their children _____________ from Washington.

DSCF2069-L.jpg

DSCF2041-L.jpg

DSCF2040-L.jpg

This is Tony and Tracie's rig, from California.

DSCF2043-L.jpg

DSCF2042-L.jpg

This is Chad and Jen, from California.

DSCF2066-L.jpg

DSCF2045-L.jpg

DSCF2044-L.jpg

This is Tom and Karen, from Alaska.

DSCF2064-L.jpg

DSCF2046-L.jpg

DSCF2047-L.jpg

This is Brad, of Brad and Jacolyn, full timers.

DSCF2072-L.jpg

DSCF2048-L.jpg

DSCF2049-L.jpg

This is Jim and Shirley, from California.

DSCF2071-L.jpg

DSCF2051-L.jpg

DSCF2050-L.jpg

This is Scott, from California.

DSCF2067-L.jpg

DSCF2053-L.jpg

DSCF2052-L.jpg

This is Justin's rig, he is from Nevada.

DSCF2056-L.jpg

DSCF2058-L.jpg

This Lou's truck, he is from Nevada, Lou helped folks electronically change things on their trucks while at the rally.

DSCF2057-L.jpg

This is Walker and Evelyn, full timers.

DSCF2070-L.jpg

DSCF2055-L.jpg

DSCF2054-L.jpg

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Great job. Really enjoyable putting vehicles to names. Now we need faces and screen names?

For me, one of the best parts of a rally is meeting folks with whom you've been chatting online. We've made some great friends at the ECR and motorcycle rallies.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Looks like a nice park. Have you put it on the campground guide yet? Thanks for the photos.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Yeah, we're pretty close. Trish will be done working at the end of the year which will make things like the rallies easier to attend.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

Thank you for putting this all together. We have had a good time. Glad we were on the west coast so we could attend the inaugural West Coast Rally. And as always I have learned something new about our trucks. See y'all down the road somewhere.

Brad & Jacolyn

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Thanks to Scott and Chad for putting this on. This is our first rally and really the first time we have ever traveled for a gathering like this. We usually travel and stay alone with our 3 girls who have been made to feel very welcome in spite of their cannot stand in one place for more than 30 seconds. We have really enjoyed meeting everyone. Thank you Mr. Cob for the photos.

Thanks everyone for the good time! It was great to meet everyone in person and put faces to the screen names on here. I have lots of new ideas for the bed build and trailer upgrades after looking at what everyone else has done.

Tracie and I don't usually get involved in group events and questioned how we would fit in expecting to be the youngest of the group....as it turned out we weren't even the youngest. I was hoping it wasn't going to be a bunch of grouchy old retired people.....You know the kind...... All of you guys had me laughing the whole time and more excited looking forward to the future of the RVing lifestyle! One thing I have learned over the years is that the old guys have the best stories!

I'm hoping before the event is over, someone will be able to answer Rick's nagging questions so he won't go home wondering about the way things are the way they are down here........ :huh:

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Tony, pretty sure Krysta and I were the youngest!!

Good to meet everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. The knowledge and experience of the folks at this event is humbling.

We too are looking for ways to change our bed to handle a 5th wheel, thanks for the motivation!

Justin

2007 Ragen Toyhauler

We have had a great time at the rally. Thank you Mr. COB (Dave) for the photographs and for updating them with the people pictures we took this afternoon. I am sorry to see the weekend end. I have made some great new friends and we are already looking forward to next year. My DW has also finally started to appreciate the HDT way and doesn't think I'm the only crazy person out there wanting to do this anymore.

event.png    

AWESOME TIME!

We had a "terrific" weekend!

Thank you everyone for making the WCR a raving success!

We had terrific weather.....sometimes hot and windy, but with a nice cooling breeze in the evening to gaze at the stars and tell stories after "happy hour".

The RV park was very gracious and accommodating to the "gentle giants" and their "handlers" and I can't thank them enough for all of their generosity.

Fantastic new friends were made with some driving or flying many miles to be join us.

Lots of "cool" rigs....tours were so much fun!

Loved looking at all the "neat" improvements folks have made to their rigs! Picked up lots of "new" ideas and shared a few!

May next years WCR be even better!

Many thanks to everyone.......

Scott

Archived