West Coast Rally in Sparks NV

MrSeas

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Cob,

Only thing I would change is i WOULD STAY ON THE I-5 slab to Roseburg, then take 138 over to 97. Much prettier drive in my opinion and you will have no trouble on it with your rig.

Joe

have to agree with this totally. my wife was born in roseburg,or and she says this is the best route

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Everything in CA and NV I think would be smooth sailing. I have driven most of those in the past two months. I would suggest instead of taking the 395 down to I80, running over to Cedarville on 299 then right on Surprise Valley Rd which tuns into NV 447. You could then turn on to NV 446, then NV445 and that will run you almost right down to the camp spot.

This would add a little more time, but if you like high desert it will be awesome! If you are leaving early and want to stop off along the way, plan to pull off at Gerlach and do some riding in the Black Rock Desert. I can give you more details if you plan to do this.

All of the changes here are 2 lane roads, but in good condition, low traffic, and friendly for largre vehicles. My truck driver buddy short cuts through there all the time. Don't speed through the Indian reservation....I heard they will get you.

DONT speed thru ANY of the indian reservations. they sit and wait for ya to come flying by. its a nice revenue for them, especially for those of us HDT'rs.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem

Howdy All,

Today was a busy day, built a removable stop that can be placed in the front of the garage on the toy hauler so I don't run into the sliding glass door when loading the Smart Car. Heres a couple photos of the stop.

DSCF1907-L.jpg

DSCF1908-L.jpg

This stop was easy to build and works very well.

I also built some ramp extensions that decrease the angle of the ramp making it easy to drive the Smart Car into the garage without bottoming out. It remains to be seen if these will work when I am parked on level ground, when loading the Smart Car today I drove the truck to the sloping shoulder of the road in front of my home, this greatly decreased the ramp angle.

DSCF1909-L.jpg

I am NOT a wood worker and these simple projects prove it beyond a doubt.

Here the Smart Car is, loaded and tied down.

DSCF1910-L.jpg

DSCF1911-L.jpg

Plenty of clearance between the front of the car and the sliding glass door that separates the kitchen-living room from the garage.

DSCF1912-L.jpg

Next I loaded the Ural.

DSCF1917-L.jpg

All I have left to do now is load my clean cloths and some basic on the road food stuffs and I am ready, fire up the Freightliner and be "southbound and down, big diesel hummin.............." I am heading out Sunday morning, don't know for sure yet where I'll be spending the night, plan to pull into the camp ground on Monday afternoon.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

We'll see you Thursday. I really need to wash the truck and trailer this weekend to make them presentable. I am in the process of clearing a pad for an RV garage and the dust has been flying around my property. Everything is filthy. ?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We'll see you Thursday. I really need to wash the truck and trailer this weekend to make them presentable. I am in the process of clearing a pad for an RV garage and the dust has been flying around my property. Everything is filthy.

Howdy Chad,

I'll be looking for a truck wash, my truck and trailer are so covered with road grit and bugs its disgusting but its just to darn much work to do by hand, yeah I am getting old.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy Chad,

I'll be looking for a truck wash, my truck and trailer are so covered with road grit and bugs its disgusting but its just to darn much work to do by hand, yeah I am getting old.

Dave

in sparks (where the RV park is) , you can find some truck wash's. so you should be good to go. they should be right off I-80. probably a hair more east than the exit for the RV park.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

in sparks (where the RV park is) , you can find some truck wash's. so you should be good to go. they should be right off I-80. probably a hair more east than the exit for the RV park.

Howdy Lou,

Thanks for the information.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Nice work on the TH Dave!

I'm leaving Monday morning with a stop in Calgary to get a few things repaired and then I'm on my way. Hope to cross the border Monday night, will be there Thursday and hope they let me check in a little early since I have to pick up my DW at the airport early that afternoon. How many will have motorbikes? Just wondering whether to load the bike or not?

Howdy All,

Well, I am parked, unloaded and fully setup at the West Coast Rally point, I am in site number 375. ATTENTION "Lou" I have a12 pack of Pepsi waiting for you, I'll toss a few in the fridge so they are nice and cold for you. :D

Edit just to let you folks know its HOT, but I have been told its a dry heat, its still freaking HOT especially for a Nor-Wetter. :unsure:

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

Well, I am parked, unloaded and fully setup at the West Coast Rally point, I am in site number 375. ATTENTION "Lou" I have a12 pack of Pepsi waiting for you, I'll toss a few in the fridge so they are nice and cold for you. :D

Edit just to let you folks know its HOT, but I have been told its a dry heat, its still freaking HOT especially for a Nor-Wetter. :unsure:

Dave

Dave,

Let me know what day you want me to take a look at your truck. im pretty much open all week except for wednesday

Fulltimer Class of 2007

Dave,

Let me know what day you want me to take a look at your truck. im pretty much open all week except for wednesday

Howdy Lou,

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the day will be taken up riding with a couple of local Uralistas, I don't have a clue what we'll be doing but I guarantee it will be FUN.

This evening or late afternoon, early evening of Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday would work, of any time during the rally except for Saturday from 2:pm and later I have plans to meet another local ride for lunch Saturday afternoon. Whatever time works for YOU will work for me.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave,

Glad you arrived safely! Any drama on the drive south?

Where in the park are you located?

How do the sites look?

Scott

Howdy Scott,

No drama, the slab was boring the other back roads were nice. I am in site number 375. These site are short, the rear of my trailer is hanging out into the fire lane as is the nose of the truck. However the guy who guided me to the site assured me that this was OK. I'll take a photo and post it. This is a very nice RV park, very clean and well appointed. The wind is really blowing, I pulled the awnings as I was afraid they'd get torn.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

Some photos of the site I am in, like I said, these sites are not all that long.

DSCF1926-L.jpg

DSCF1927-L.jpg

DSCF1928-L.jpg

DSCF1929-L.jpg

DSCF1930-L.jpg

DSCF1931-L.jpg

And yes, we are way in the back row of the RV Park.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Great pics.....

Howdy Scott,

When I first pulled in it was HOT, took a few hours for the air conditioners to bring the trailer temp down to livable, now its cooling off nicely should make for comfortable sleeping. I don't mind heat during the day but I am used to it cooling off at night, just a Nor-Wet, thing I guess. Anyone else coming down early, I am getting lonesome already. :lol:

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I'm trying to get there late Wednesday.... But cleaning and packing are slow when it's hot outside....only 103 here today. Might be Thursday the way I'm going!

The sites look good!

Anything you forgot I should bring along?

Hold down the fort...we'll be getting there soon!

Scott

I'm trying to get there late Wednesday.... But cleaning and packing are slow when it's hot outside....only 103 here today. Might be Thursday the way I'm going!

The sites look good!

Anything you forgot I should bring along?

Hold down the fort...we'll be getting there soon!

Scott

Howdy Scott,

The local Uralistas will probably have me so wore out by the time the HDT rally starts all I'll do is sit in the shade and swap lies. I think I have everything but thanks for asking. I'll do my best to secure the neighborhood till reinforcements arrive. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

Some photos of the site I am in, like I said, these sites are not all that long.

DSCF1926-L.jpg

DSCF1927-L.jpg

DSCF1928-L.jpg

DSCF1929-L.jpg

DSCF1930-L.jpg

DSCF1931-L.jpg

And yes, we are way in the back row of the RV Park.

Dave

UGH. they put you in a VERY short site for your setup. looks like your hanging out in the isle ....

Fulltimer Class of 2007

UGH. they put you in a VERY short site for your setup. looks like your hanging out in the isle ....

Howdy Lou,

ALL of the sites reserved for our rally are this long, many of the other sites are much shorter. The folks who run this RV Park said so long as a fire truck can get down the access road all is well. I honestly don't think they realized how long our rigs are.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived