West Coast Rally in Sparks NV

MrSeas

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jack.

By the way, I just ordered one of the ultrasonic leak detectors that have been recommended in several threads about air leaks on the forum.

http://www.amazon.com/Inficon-711-202-G1-Whisper-Ultrasonic-Detector/dp/B000TRJA8M/ref=sr_1_4?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1426457024&sr=1-4

I will be bringing it to the rally if anyone wants to give it a try.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Jeeze....I should come just so you guys can work on MY truck!! ;)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Shucks Chad I have one you could borrow.......I'll also have it at the WCR. I also have a copy of the Cummins InSite program for those interested.

Between lou10 and the rest of us we should be ready to fix all kinds of things! LOL

handy software if you have a Cummins motor. doesnt work on other motors though. i also got it loaded on my laptop. :-)

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

• 3 weeks later...

So far we have 9 confirmed rigs and their "handlers" for the Rally!

I know that there are probably some that are still "undecided".......

Also wanted to invite those that live in the "local" area to come on buy and say "Hi"!

June will be here sooner than you think!

Scott

So far we have 9 confirmed rigs and their "handlers" for the Rally!

I know that there are probably some that are still "undecided".......

Also wanted to invite those that live in the "local" area to come on buy and say "Hi"!

June will be here sooner than you think!

Scott

Howdy Scott,

Has the park given us a discount price, when I made my reservation they didn't charge me for the site just took a 5 buck fee to hold it as they hadn't yet figured out the cost, the lady I talked to said we needed 10 reservations to get a discount. Have you had any contact with the park as to price and or discounts? I don't care what it is I am coming anyway just trying to get a number to work with.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave,

This is what I got back from them. It looks like they are giving us a discount.

Thank you for booking with Sparks Marina RV Park. If you have any questions, please call our
booking line at +1 (775) 851-8888.

Listed below are the details of your upcoming reservation.

Confirmation Number:
Check-in Date: 18-JUN-2015
Check-out Date: 22-JUN-2015
Unit Type: FHU-PT
Number of Nights: 4
Charges: $164.00
Discount: ($41.00)
Deposit Paid: $0.00
Payments: $5.00
Tax: $16.61
Total: $134.61

Tax Detail:
ROOM: $16.61

A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED on all RESERVATIONS. The DEPOSIT is FORFEITED if you cancel.

Please be aware that CHECK-IN
time is 1:00PM and CHECK-OUT
time is 11:00AM. LATE departures must be requested in ADVANCE and if available, the charge is $3.00 an hour, plus tax.

Fees are due at CHECK-IN
and are NON-REFUNDABLE. All rates are for two (2) people, one RV and one tow vehicle. Additional guest are $3.00, plus tax.

PET POLICY:

Pets are allowed. Because we have no above ground irrigation, all pets must use one of our three (3) PET RUNS!! Doggy bags and shovels are provided. Please tidy up after your pet. WE APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!! If necessary we can impose a charge for clean-up.

Per City of Sparks: All pets must be on a 6ft or shorter leash at all times. Pet owners need to be with their pets at all times. Please NO pet runs or enclosures of any kind. Pets are NOT allowed in any building or the pool/patio area.

DAMAGE to SITE:

Any repair or extra clean-up at your site will be charged to your credit card.

DIRECTIONS:

I-80 East to Exit 20, Sparks Blvd. Left on Sparks Blvd., Go North to the 1st light (E Lincoln Way) turn left follow E. Lincoln Way to the park, park will be on your right.

OR

I-80 East to Exit 19, East McCarran Blvd., go North 3 lights to E. Lincoln Way, turn Right on East Lincoln Way, follow E. Lincoln Way to the park, left hand turn into the park.

Dave,

This is what I got back from them. It looks like they are giving us a discount.

Thank you for booking with Sparks Marina RV Park. If you have any questions, please call our

Confirmation Number:

Check-in Date: 18-JUN-2015

Number of Nights: 4

Charges: $164.00

Discount: ($41.00)

Tax: $16.61

Total: $134.61

Tax Detail:

ROOM: $16.61

A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED on all RESERVATIONS. The DEPOSIT is FORFEITED if you cancel.

Please be aware that CHECK-IN

time is 1:00PM and CHECK-OUT

time is 11:00AM. LATE departures must be requested in ADVANCE and if available, the charge is $3.00 an hour, plus tax.

Fees are due at CHECK-IN

and are NON-REFUNDABLE. All rates are for two (2) people, one RV and one tow vehicle. Additional guest are $3.00, plus tax.

PET POLICY:

Pets are allowed. Because we have no above ground irrigation, all pets must use one of our three (3) PET RUNS!! Doggy bags and shovels are provided. Please tidy up after your pet. WE APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!! If necessary we can impose a charge for clean-up.

Per City of Sparks: All pets must be on a 6ft or shorter leash at all times. Pet owners need to be with their pets at all times. Please NO pet runs or enclosures of any kind. Pets are NOT allowed in any building or the pool/patio area.

DAMAGE to SITE:

Any repair or extra clean-up at your site will be charged to your credit card.

DIRECTIONS:

I-80 East to Exit 20, Sparks Blvd. Left on Sparks Blvd., Go North to the 1st light (E Lincoln Way) turn left follow E. Lincoln Way to the park, park will be on your right.

OR

I-80 East to Exit 19, East McCarran Blvd., go North 3 lights to E. Lincoln Way, turn Right on East Lincoln Way, follow E. Lincoln Way to the park, left hand turn into the park.

Howdy Rick,

Thanks for the information, I don't remember receiving anything like that I'll have to check and make sure that I do in fact have a reservation.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I got a similar email to Rick's (actually a couple of them because I tweaked my reservation to come in a day earlier than I originally planned).

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Howdy All,

Looking back through my emails I did find this,

Reservation Confirmation From Sparks Marina RV Park

Dave Hooker,

Confirmation Number: 2XXXXX0846
Check-in Date: 15-JUN-2015
Number of Nights: 7
Charges: $225.00
Discount: $0.00
Tax: $30.38
Total: $250.38

Tax Detail:
ROOM: $30.38

I don't see any discount so I guess I am going to have to call and see whats going on.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Chad,

What Rick posted looks about right based on us meeting our minimum number of 10 rigs.

I think these are good numbers for planning purposes...

Scott

I agree.

event.png    

Wish we could make it but we will just be getting back from the Hot Rod power tour and I don't have enough vacation time to do another trip that soon.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder.......you have until May 15, 2015 to sign up for the WCR to get our "special" rally prices!

So far we have 9 rigs confirmed!

Nice chance to "touch and feel" a HDT and talk to some knowledgeable folks about these "gentle giants"!

Everyone is welcome!

Info on first post!

Thanks for the reminder, we're waiting for information from my employer before we commit as my June work schedule is about as solid as Jello. So far - were hopeful!

1993 Freightliner 3406C Cat, 400 HP, 9 speed, singled long, 3.91 ratio, 264" wheel base, 12' flat deck with dove tail

1997 F350 dually, 4wd conversion, intercooler, 3 inch intakes, WW2 compressor wheel, bellowed up-pipes,

2007 Ragen Toyhauler

4a8a58ec-58d7-48af-b0d7-9dd42cf5b43a_zps

Just a reminder.......you have until May 15, 2015 to sign up for the WCR to get our "special" rally prices!

So far we have 9 rigs confirmed!

Nice chance to "touch and feel" a HDT and talk to some knowledgeable folks about these "gentle giants"!

Everyone is welcome!

Info on first post!

Gentle Giants. A perfect fit. Slow moving and very large. I like it!

we will also be there BUT ill be driving everyday to get there... were out by dayton..

along with Both my laptops for diagnostics and settings adjustments.

:-)

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Archived