Classes of 2008 and 2009

Tonight finds me in Minden, LA sitting in a roadside commerical campground that don't look like it's had any care for about 5 years. It's one of those self register deals where you never see the Managment. I had plugged another campground into my GPS but when I got here the Campground was not. There was a sports arena where it was supposed to be. I doubt if there has been a campground there in the past 10 years but it's still listed in Woodall's. This place is on a little lake and could be made into a nice park. But, Now most all of the rigs look like they are young couples working in the area and living in their RV full time. Oh Well, I'll be going down the road again in the morning. The last commercial RV Park I tried to go to was AWOL also. So much for depending on Woodall's. Tomorrow I'll try a State Park in Mississippi and see if I have any better luck. I traveled on the Interstate today for the first time on this trip. It sure was boring.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tonight I'm in Roosevelt State Park near Morton, MS. This is a very pretty park. Heavily forested with trees that reach the Sky. The Forest is a mix of hardwood and pine and most of the pines are well over 100 ft tall. The campground is on a lake that just adds to the beauty of the setting. I think I'll hole up here for a while and enjoy the rest from driving. I'm only about 600 + miles from my Niece's and I don't want to get there this early. So, I might just stay a couple of weeks. I haven't been into town and don't really know if there is one but I have every thing I need. I saw a gas station and a couple of businesses just before I turned into the park. I think I'll go out there tomorrow and get some fire wood and really enjoy my stay. There is plenty of downed wood in the forest but I'm just getting a little to unstable walking to be dragging logs through the woods and beside Terry has my saw. Well, it's his saw now. The phone signal isn't great but it works so I'll get by as long as I don't run out of Cranberry Juice.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

There is plenty of downed wood in the forest but I'm just getting a little to unstable walking to be dragging logs through the woods and beside Terry has my saw. Well, it's his saw now.

Are you saying you want your saw back? Sorry .... you already sold it! However, we might sell it back if the price is right and you come and get it. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Guest coldsmoke

hello all our friends !!

we made it back to Alaska yesterday. beautifull trip as always. lots of wildlife. black bear, elk, moose , caribou, fox, stone sheep , dall sheep. mule deer, whitetail deer. canadians, love that drive.

grand kids have grown so much, wow my oldest is as tall as me , damn where do the years go. my littlest one when asked if i could have a hug, promptly replied,, NOPE. he is 2 ..

jim my friend hang in there we have yet to fish together, and that we must do. sandie take care of that old fool . love ya both stay safe.

you all stay safe and enjoy the summer

mike and deb and smokey

hello all our friends !!

we made it back to Alaska yesterday. beautifull trip as always. lots of wildlife. black bear, elk, moose , caribou, fox, stone sheep , dall sheep. mule deer, whitetail deer. canadians, love that drive.

grand kids have grown so much, wow my oldest is as tall as me , damn where do the years go. my littlest one when asked if i could have a hug, promptly replied,, NOPE. he is 2 ..

jim my friend hang in there we have yet to fish together, and that we must do. sandie take care of that old fool . love ya both stay safe.

mike and deb and smokey

"and Canadians" And they are the wildest of the wildlife.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Day two of Roosevelt State Park. I went looking for the dump station today. Not that I needed it but I didn't want to have to search for it when I do need it. I think I found it but it is totally unusable. There seems to be a drain pipe on both sides of the short road that goes through the dump station. No signs what so ever. The pipe that would be on the correct side when you're leaving the park was partially cloged with grass. If you made a U turn and came from the other way you would block the road to the camp ground while getting your dump valve anywhere near the drain. That pipe is a 6 inch opening and there is no way to hold the slinky hose down while you pull the valve. I can just see that slinky switching around like a snake and dumping you know what everywhere. I think this may be where they filmed the movie RV. I also went looking for the dumpster. There are none in the park. They have a compactor and the Ranger said to just leave your trash bag out by the road sometime between 8AM and 4PM. He said they took our dumpsters away 4 years ago and we have been picking up garbage strewn around by animals every since. I still like the place and if I stay long enough to have to dump I'll just pull into one of the full hookup site and use it. I broke down and bought a couple of bundles of fire wood today. 5 bucks for 5 pieces. Hiway robery and when I built a fire tonight I was beginning to think I bought fire proof wood. I gathered enough small twigs for kindling to burn down half the state and still had a hard time getting the fire to stay lit. It did last a long time so I guess I got my money's worth. ????

Jeri: that deal is getting tempting after paying $10 for enough wood to make a fire. However I don't think I'd have tried to go out and gather wood even if I had the saw. This place is full of deer ticks. I forgot what desease they cause but I don't want it anyway. Luckily there are very few mosquitos here. One application of deet seemed to keep them away all day.

hello all our friends !!

mike and deb and smokey

Glad you guys made it up there with no problems. Last time we saw you guys was our 10 minute meeting in the walmart parking lot in Prescott. My neice just got a job in Anchorage and moved up there two weeks ago. She said there was still a few snowbanks around there from the record snowfall last winter. I would like to take that drive someday but diesel may have to get cheaper. :lol: Hope you guys have a great summer. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Day two of Roosevelt State Park. I went looking for the dump station today. Not that I needed it but I didn't want to have to search for it when I do need it. I think I found it but it is totally unusable. There seems to be a drain pipe on both sides of the short road that goes through the dump station. No signs what so ever. The pipe that would be on the correct side when you're leaving the park was partially cloged with grass. If you made a U turn and came from the other way you would block the road to the camp ground while getting your dump valve anywhere near the drain. That pipe is a 6 inch opening and there is no way to hold the slinky hose down while you pull the valve. I can just see that slinky switching around like a snake and dumping you know what everywhere. I think this may be where they filmed the movie RV. I also went looking for the dumpster. There are none in the park. They have a compactor and the Ranger said to just leave your trash bag out by the road sometime between 8AM and 4PM. He said they took our dumpsters away 4 years ago and we have been picking up garbage strewn around by animals every since. I still like the place and if I stay long enough to have to dump I'll just pull into one of the full hookup site and use it. I broke down and bought a couple of bundles of fire wood today. 5 bucks for 5 pieces. Hiway robery and when I built a fire tonight I was beginning to think I bought fire proof wood. I gathered enough small twigs for kindling to burn down half the state and still had a hard time getting the fire to stay lit. It did last a long time so I guess I got my money's worth. ????

Jeri: that deal is getting tempting after paying $10 for enough wood to make a fire. However I don't think I'd have tried to go out and gather wood even if I had the saw. This place is full of deer ticks. I forgot what desease they cause but I don't want it anyway. Luckily there are very few mosquitos here. One application of deet seemed to keep them away all day.

Lee, If you're going to star in the sequel to RV, we want front row seats. Not too close though.... :o

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

hello all our friends !!

mike and deb and smokey

Glad your trip was uneventful with all the wildlife especially those Canadians. You have a good summer too.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Day Three @ Roosevelt SP. I tried to take a Steve this afternoon and a few minutes after laying down I felt something bit me. I went into the bathroom to investigate and found a tic. Yuk. I hate those things. I haven't walked near any tall weeds. The only time I was off the hard surface was sitting by the fire last night and even then I had raked back all the pine needles so there was nothing but bare ground. I think I'll definately be leaving Monday Morning.

I drove into town this evening just to see what was there. It's a fair sized small town. I counted three laundries two Auto parts stores a fair sized grocery market but what really got me is the only restaurant in town was a Sonic Drive In. There must have been at least 50 ot 60 other businesses. I guess they just gave up eating here. So I bought some fried Chicken at the grocery deli counter and brought it back to the park to eat. I guess not all is bad they did have Cranberry Juice at the grocery. I still haven't made up my mind where I'll go next except EAST.

Sandie, We are happy to hear about the good news on Jim. We continue to put him in our thoughts.

Today we drove up and over the mountain and landed in S Lake Tahoe. Mountain driving is always so much fun. NOT ! I did "short cut" by mistake. Luckily we made it out and onto the correct road without any issues. Karla and Kora both kept their eyes closed however. So we are at Tahoe Valley CG in S Lake Tahoe which is just off Hwy 50 till Sept. If anybody is in the area, give us a call and we can meet up.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

4/27 one night at a gift shop in Holbrook, AZ that offers free camping. It is just outside the south entrance to the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert Nat. Park. Quiet and the owner of the shop lives behind it so someone is always around plus several other folks pulled in for the night.

Beware of time-shares for RV parks! We just left Western Horizons at Camp Verde "Resort" in Camp Verde after using a free coupon for 3 nights that we got out at Quartzsite. First of all the park was disgusting and they refer to it as a resort! Half the sites or less had only 30 amp and no sewer with gravel and grass sites. It was in desperate need of upgrades. We had to go back to the office and get a longer site and 50 amp. Anyway, we listened to the sales pitch and then it ended abruptly when the salesman insulted us because we wanted to take a copy of the contract and read it. He told us that was just an excuse to find a reason not to buy! That was the WRONG thing to say! He wanted us to sign on the dotted line right then and there! That meeting was over! Do people really sign away $9,000.00 without reading a contract? I sure hope there are not that many out there that are that gullable! We would have left after the frist night but we had reservations for the Verde Canyon Railroad and other resonable campgrounds were full because of a birding festival. So if you go to a rally anywhere in AZ and you see Camp Verde Resort, just be weary of there sales antics. Plus the owner is selling off some of the parks so where does that leave the time-share holders? We learned our lesson, again. If something is free or sounds too good to be true, it is and the danger signals go up! rvparkreviews.com can give you the expenience others have had with these people.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Another Fantabulous day at Roosevelt State Park. Morton, MS. Because I'll be leaving Monday morning I decided to go into Forest, MS to the Wally World and pick up some vitamins I had run out of. While at Wally World I though I'd replenish my supply of Cranberry Juice. What a surprize. They don't sell any of that stuff in the Wally world store. They sell beer but that's as far as they go. Oh Well, I guess I'll have to break into the reserve stock. I don't think any of you are heading this way so begging for you to bring some won't work this time. I stopped at the Murphy's gas station at Wally world and like all the rest of the Murphy station they won't accept my credit card. It's funny because that's the only place I have trouble with it. Everything goes well and it get to the place where it ask you to select the grade then it really quick changes to canceled see the attendant. I'll just stop using Murphy's. It isn't worth the hassle. I've pretty much decided to make the COE at Demopolis, AL my next stop. It's only 116 miles from here and I've used it before. That makes for an easy day of driving. I'll stay there a week then figure where to jump to next.

Steve, That front Row Seat will cost you more than Bessy Bus Did. Plus I have a very good aim.

4/28 - 4/29 at Canyon de Chelly. We are staying at the nice wooded campground just below the visitor's center. Campground is only $10 a night so you can't beat that! The canyon is quite unique and the weather hasbeeen great!

Carol

The Simpsons

Lyme Disease! And all other kinds of nasty infections! Be careful and check for them often. You sure don't need any complications from that stuff! Hope you like your quiet time!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I just had the nicest suprise!Delcie called me by mistake! They're doing fine and I feel really special to be in her phone!!!! :} She was trying to call Freddy and got the "Foofy" button! :} I was wondering about them since we haven't heard anything.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well It's the last day, I hooked up the truck and will hit the road in the morning. I guess I escaped the Lyme Disease. I don't see any bulls eye targets on me where he bit. But, I've been scratching at everything every since I found that nasty little Bugger on me the other day. Now I can worry about playing Russian Roulette once to often by cooking for myself. I had some cubed ham I got from Wally World yesterday so I decided to have a ham and mushroom omelet for dinner tonight. I broke an egg in a bowl and beat on it for a few seconds then dumped in a liberal portion of the ham and what was left of some mushrooms I had. I could see that one egg wasn't enough to go with all that ham and stuff and I still had to put in some onion. So I got another egg. When I broke the egg in fell into the dish like water. The yoke was busted and runny, I sniffed it and it didn't seam to smell bad so I got the onion. (Last one I had) When I cut the top end off it was all moldy inside. I cut it about half into and it looked solid and didn't smell so I cut another slice off that bottom half and chopped it up. I added the cheese and put it in the Microwave for 1:30 min. When I took it out is was still runny so I gave it another 1:45. This time it looked better so just for good luck I hit it with another 30 seconds. I didn't taste too bad but it did taste a little different than what I expected. I poured a glass of Cranberry Juice and even that didn't taste quiet right. But I figured that if there were any bugs left in it after all the microwaving the alcohol would finish them off and if I were going to die I'd die happy. That was about an hour ago and I still feel OK. But If I should die in the night at least you'll know what did me in. The bread I ate with it?????? I've decided Demopolis, AL and the Foscoe COE campground will be tomorrow's stop.

Here I am in Demopolis, AL and still alive after eating that concoction for dinner last night. I guess I'm just lucky. Foscue COE Campground here is a large and very nice campground. I've stayed here several time before. The sites are all full hookup and all seem to be very level both front to back and side to side. Demopolis isn't much but I can do with that. I once had some very good friends that lived just down the road a bit in Browns, AL. They owned a campground and they never would let me pay when I stopped there. He had a non curable cancer and wanted me to go down to gulf shores and fix a place for his grand children for vacations. I spent one winter down there and fixed up a place on the inland water way that was very nice. After he died his wife wanted me to stay around permenently. I couldn't do that so I moved on and eventually lost contact with her. The campground is no longer there so I don't know if she is or not. She had a son that farmed right next to the campground property.

It was 92 when I was setting up. It didn't take me long to break down and start using the AC for the first time this year. A lot of the sites have pretty good shade but mine catches the afternoon sun with shade all around me but not on me. I could only get 6 days without having to change sites because of reservations. So, I'll be leaving on Sunday this week and jump over to Shorter, AL and spend a night or two there. There is a Wally World here so maybe I can replinish my Cranberry Juice.

There is a Wally World here so maybe I can replinish my Cranberry Juice.

You are now in the Bible Belt. Not many grocery stores are going to sell your flavor of cranberry juice.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We found out this afternoon that Jim's surgery is scheduled for Friday morning. Will take at least three hours and he'll be in the hospital four days. Sure will be glad when this is all behind us. Our park is really pretty empty. There were a lot of folks who left today. But our neighbors across the street are here until about the 20th of May so they'll be around if I need anything.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Sandie, That Surgery is going to take care of everything. With all of us in your cheering section how could anything not turn out good.

It was 96 this afternoon. The morning was nice. Mostly cloudy conditions held the temperature down untill about 1 PM. I sat outside and carved for a couple of hours and got my walk in early. But, When it got past 90 Yours truly turned on the AC and became a Master at doing nothing. I might just take off for my old home in NC. It was snowing there last Week when my housekeeper called.

Linda S. Wally World had a very good supply of my flavor of Cranberry Juice. I'll survive the 90+ weather now or maybe just not care.

5/1 to 5/4 Page, AZ, to visit the Vermillion Cliffs and Antelope Canyon.

Spent 2 nights at Canyon de Chelly at the nice wooded, paved campground just below the visitor's center. It used to be free but as of a few days ago it is now $10 a night which is still pretty good these days.

Then we spent 1 night at Gooseneck State Park near Bluff, AZ, in the middle of nowhere on our way to Monument Valley. But you just camp for free on this bluff in an open area along the rim of the San Juan River 1,000 feet below. Pretty country out there!

Carol

The Simpsons

It started out to be a really hot day but we had a little Thunder Boomer this afternoon and the temperature dropped all the way down to the high 70's. Really nice to sit out under the awning and watch it rain. The storm was a cream puff just a little noise in the distance and about an hour of moderate rain. top wind speed 7 mph.

I was going to get real energetic today and do the laundry. For some reason the laundry bag is still sitting right where it was this morning. Could it be laziness. Nope, Never. It was just that I had trouble procrastinating about putting things off. So it got put off at least until tomorrow. I also have to go to Wally World and get a bunch of stuff I forgot to get the other day. I got all the food stuff but forgot all the stuff to work with like paper towel, dish detergent and a spray nozzle for my hose so I can clean the Awning (Someday)(Maybe)

Finally, moved toward Calif -- got as far as Q, day trip to Algodones for DDS (cleanings, $10 each), shop for grandkid items, & the all-important lunch at Ma-D-Som for some music, margarita & food-combo!

Checked up on the "house sale" in Mesa, learned the City was not being cooperative, so we plan to visit the planning dept ourselves tomorrow (back-track, day trip w/out the rig). We're trying to buy a place that has this huge RV-port (20' wide x 70' long) --perfect for our 63' combo plus car parking AND a guest slot with FHU on the side yard. It seems the contractor told the seller no city permit needed, just the HOA (from which they did have approval back in 2010 when it was built); we just gotta determine what level of "trouble" the lacking permit might cause if closer scrutiny occurs... We wanna ensure it's not something the City could (eventually?) come down later and demand removal or major modification.

From Q we will head to Beaumont (lower-CA grandkid visit), the onward to SF area (via Pacific beach at Rincon Hwy) to attend family graduation (youngest niece getting RN & cum laude BS degrees).

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

I have NO idea why I have this connection. No Wi Fi for at least a mile. Anyhow wanted to say "Hi" and send {{{Hugs}}} to all of you. I am frantically trying to read blogs etc. Hope you are all well. We are. We are alone in the park with just two campers. Doug goes out for about 1/2 hour in the morning and 1/2 hour in the afternoon and that is it. We have loads of movies and are relaxing.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png